GT Won is done.PS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 324 comments
Thanks @half_sourly ^

Results post now updated.
The list of excluded cars (and drivers) has grown by 6 this week!

Napalm - Mercedes, Toyota, Panoz, Porsche, Ferrari,
Zolon - Mercedes, Toyota, Ferrari, McLaren, Panoz,
Me - Toyota, Mercedes,
Half Sourly - Mercedes,
Flat Twelve - Ferrari, Panoz, Toyota,
Raeggee - Panoz, Ferrari, Mercedes,
Rich - Mercedes, McLaren,
Joe - Toyota, McLaren, Panoz, Mercedes, Porsche,
Racecar - Panoz,
Beachboy - Ferrari, Toyota, Panoz,

Don - Mercedes,

So far there's been 11 different drivers that have finished on the podium. 👍
Strangely none have been in the Nissan! There's a challenge for the front runners next week. ☺

I'll see if I can predict the car of the top 3 for Mugello. Napalm - McLaren, Zolon - Porsche, Joe - Ferrari.

Last edited:
can I choose this car again for the last race of the season (1 of 2)?
Yes Don you can use the Mercedes again for one of the races in the finale. You have to use another car for the other race. Choose wisely. ☺
did i use a banned car or did you give me credit i didn't achieve?
Ah, I got that wrong. It was late at night/early in the morning when I was doing it. Should have gone to bed. Corrected now, you can use the Porsche again.. 😉

I don't need to keep track of the cars after next week. Phew!

Thanks @half_sourly ^
Strangely none have been in the Nissan! There's a challenge for the front runners next week. ☺

I'll see if I can predict the car of the top 3 for Mugello. Napalm - McLaren, Zolon - Porsche, Joe - Ferrari.
I was going to use Nissan yesterday. Did short practice on weekend and my best lap was high 1.34, so no chances for podium. Main problem was 1 corner. I noticed from Rich replay he could do it at full speed an started braking from apex. With Nissan it was imposible, I needed to brake quite hard before corner or was loosing rear and spining.
Sadly I got much latter than expected and couldn’t join.

I noticed from Rich replay he could do it at full speed an started braking from apex. With Nissan it was imposible, I needed to brake quite hard before corner or was loosing rear and spining.
In the Porsche it was possible to brake even later, at the first red board. I had this problem with the Nissan at Suzuka - especially 130R, it was so difficult to control. Jumped into another car and it was a world of difference. Wonder if it needs the rear downforce increasing.

Look forward to seeing what you can get out of the McLaren next week!

(very) quick recap

Missed race 1 and only got to enter quali session for the 2nd race by mere seconds.

RACE 2 - Quali
Got in the Toyota, did the best I could in one lap and managed 7th on the grid.

Race 2 - Race
Start was a mess, there was a multi-car pile up approaching the Ford chicane and I was one of the piled ones, lol. Resumed racing close to last (I think half got out of the sand behind me). Tried to focus and keep out of trouble. Got some places with some luck (and bad luck to others) and settled in the midfield following Simon and Rich for a few laps (was fun). Then Rich pitted, and soon after I did the same (next lap I think), Simon tried to extend his first stint almost to the end of the race but it didn't work for him, he lost position. Close to the end there was some trouble up front and again with a bit of luck I found my self (very unexpectedly) in 3rd place, that being the position I ended the race in.

Race 3 - Quali
More at ease with the car/track combo, lady luck had me following Zolon's Panoz for the duration of the quali session (Zolon himself was following half, if I'm not mistaken). Learned something and got pole, my first ever in this cup, yay!

Race 3 - Race
Did an ok getaway from the grid and after that I just tried to keep focused and free of any serious mistake. Not much to tell, wasn't a stellar win (never really got away from the pack) but it was a win, and I'll take it.

Onwards and upwards, Mugello's next! :cheers:

Last edited:
A weather update for Monday at Mugello.
Although it may cloud over at times it should remain a fine and dry day.

The weather is nice mainly because I thought that I'd use my final unused car, the Ferrari, and that hasn't got any aids! I've got to have some perks. ☺

Probably expect some rain when we get to America the following week, there's a tropical storm blowing in.

The starts will return to the rolling version, there's no problems using it at Mugello.

Last edited:
I thought that I'd use my final unused car, the Ferrari, and that hasn't got any aids!
Oh you poor sod, stuck in the Ferrari at Mugello. It's not much good around there.

To avoid the issues of previous races (e.g. where the car goes from planted in practice to skating on ice in the race lobby) I'm going to try and recreate your settings. June, 6am, 3pm and 9pm, with a mix of light cloud and clear... Is that about right to get similar track temps?

Thanks @half_sourly ^

Results post now updated.
The list of excluded cars (and drivers) has grown by 6 this week!

Napalm - Mercedes, Toyota, Panoz, Porsche, Ferrari,
Zolon - Mercedes, Toyota, Ferrari, McLaren, Panoz,
Me - Toyota, Mercedes,
Half Sourly - Mercedes,
Flat Twelve - Ferrari, Panoz, Toyota,
Raeggee - Panoz, Ferrari, Mercedes,
Rich - Mercedes, McLaren,
Joe - Toyota, McLaren, Panoz, Mercedes, Porsche,
Racecar - Panoz,
Beachboy - Ferrari, Toyota, Panoz,

Don - Mercedes,

So to be clear, this means I can still use ANY of the other cars since I haven't on the podium with them, correct?

Last edited:
Is that about right to get similar track temps?
Without checking I don't think you'll be too far out. It's quite warm at Mugello for most of the day. Possibly a bit cooler of a morning.
The Ferrari quite likes it!

this means I can still use ANY of the other cars
Yep, it's as @Hun200kmh says. Ignore the Panoz and the rest are free to use.
For the finale the following week all cars are available again but you must use 2 - 1 for each race.

In case anyones interested PSN 12 months subs is on offer on amazon at £32.99. I think you can buy it in advance and activate it within a 12 month period. Mine runs out end Nov so that was handy. Sort of car related as you need it to race online.
UPDATE Sorry didn't see the msgs in PSN chat

Last edited:
I meant to repeat the PS Plus sale price on here, but forgot. So I'm glad you posted @Pantheons.
Good timing for you Simon. Napalm was the opposite, his ran out at the start of November!

There's 7 days left to take advantage - if you want to.

It's still generally fine weather at Mugello.

Results and standings

Race 1
Qual 1.jpg

Race 1.jpg

Race 2
Qual 2.jpg

Race 2.jpg

Race 3
Qual 3.jpg

Race 3.jpg

Standings

Monday Individual.jpg

Hmm, it's tight at the top! The car swapping seems to have had an effect since it's all to play for in the last meeting. I'm sure Mario and Andreas would have been in the fray to if they had been racing throughout.

The most optimistic yet sadly unfeasible comma in existence.
Three 3rd places, not so optimistic. Although there's no more cars to add now so...

Rich, where's Magulla? :sly:

The updated and finalised podium car list (I've added a full stop)
Interesting to see the car choices.
Napalm - Mercedes, Toyota, Panoz, Porsche, Ferrari.
Zolon - Mercedes, Toyota, Ferrari, McLaren, Panoz, Porsche.
IfAndOr - Toyota, Mercedes.
Half Sourly - Mercedes, Toyota.
Flat Twelve - Ferrari, Panoz, Toyota, Mercedes.
Raeggee - Panoz, Ferrari, Mercedes.
Rich - Mercedes, McLaren, Ferrari.
Joe - Toyota, McLaren, Panoz, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari.
Racecar - Panoz.
Beachboy - Ferrari, Toyota, Panoz.
Don - Mercedes.

All cars are available again next week, one per race - you can't use the same car twice. Again it will be interesting to see which cars are used for each race. Who will play their joker first!

Last edited:
Paul will these last 2x35 minutes races have compulsory pitstops? And what will be the tyre degradation setting?

PS- there's now a 50/50 chance I'll be able to make it ... Still working on it with the powers that be :dopey:

Last edited:
Paul will these last 2x35 minutes races have compulsory pitstops?
There will NOT be a compulsory pit stop required. Although you may need to. :)
And what will be the tyre degradation setting?
That's to be decided, I'm still working on it. See above question. ;)
there's now a 50/50 chance I'll be able to make it
👍 It'd be a shame if you missed it. (You to @John Wells)
Keep working on "The powers that be" to get it nearer to 100/0.

probably won't clamp to my wheel stand.
Stands often have multiple fittings, but not always. You'd have to check. There's the new Thrustmaster T248 as well, although it's not that much cheaper than a T300.

So after some intense testing, my car choices for the last races will be:

Road America - Toyota GT-ONE: Based both on the faster lap time and the realization that I can drive it much harder then I thought, the Toyota just feels the most at home here. While the sweeper just after the carousel is abit precarious, it's overall perfect for the track.

Watkins Glen - Mercedes CLK LM: Handling wise, the Mercedes was without a doubt the better of the two around here. This track really highlights and emphasizes the mixed Prototype and GT tendencies of the car, with the aero of the prototype that'll pull you through the fast sections and the mechanical grip of the GT car that allows you to take the curbs and really throw it in the corners.

Now to practice how painfully slow I'll be behind everyone despite driving two of the best cars in the field :lol:

Last edited:
Back