GT Won is done.PS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 324 comments
That Merc is an absolute beast of a car. Annoyed as I was with the driving aids issue at Brno, I'm glad I got another run out in it, and can't wait to use it again at Watkins or RA. Despite a perfect run out it still only makes a tiny dent in Napalms lead, and without that car there's little chance of reducing the gap any further, so I'll just enjoy this one while it lasts :gtpflag:

Surprise surprise Paul, you're right up there when you actually practice the car! You've been determined to handicap yourself. No more Merc anymore for you though, either.

Surprise surprise Paul, you're right up there when you actually practice the car! You've been determined to handicap yourself. No more Merc anymore for you though, either.
I think I forgot to mention the special rule where I can use any car at any time. :sly:

Actually I've used 5 of them already so I might as well just finish off with the last 2, the McLaren and the Ferrari. For the final 2 track race, not sure.

And well done with your triple wins.

The updated list of excluded cars and drivers.
Napalm - Mercedes, Toyota, Panoz, Porsche, Ferrari,
Zolon - Mercedes, Toyota, Ferrari, McLaren,
IfAndOr - Toyota, Mercedes,
Half Sourly - Mercedes,
Flat Twelve - Ferrari, Panoz,
Raeggee - Panoz, Ferrari,
Rich - Mercedes, McLaren,
Joe - Toyota, McLaren, Panoz, Mercedes,
Racecar - Panoz,
Beachboy - Ferrari, Toyota,

Last edited:
That Merc is an absolute beast of a car. Annoyed as I was with the driving aids issue at Brno, I'm glad I got another run out in it, and can't wait to use it again at Watkins or RA. Despite a perfect run out it still only makes a tiny dent in Napalms lead, and without that car there's little chance of reducing the gap any further, so I'll just enjoy this one while it lasts :gtpflag:

You was in the beast mode this time :). Did you expected cold tyres problem too? It was a bit strange races - my car felt better on 2 flying lap at qually than in race where we started with hot tyres. Right after start I felt wheel is very loose, I was sliding everywhere and my tyres become coder and colder. At the race end front tyres were more blue than green. Even more strange the same was at 2 race (at warmer daytime). So I feel I wasted potential of Ferrari :(. Actually I was going to use McLaren and did practice with it at weekend but when Paul said race will be dry I decided to switch to Ferrari and keep McLaren for wet race if it will be. So @IfAndOr and game caught me this time :)

I like idea of switching cars after podium finishes, but seems Nissan is really awful and for those who want fight for championship use of this car is critical. @Zolon32 you should use faster car and finish 4 - you would get almost twice points (30 instead of 16) and still could use faster car in the next race.

Last edited:
but seems Nissan is really awful
It's really not too bad to drive, quite fun actually. But it's perhaps not so competitive during races since it takes a bit more effort to get the best out of it. Saying that you'll probably get it on the podium if/when you come to use it. ☺

I didn't really have any problems with my tyre temperatures. I'd set the race during the spring because the track temp was reaching 58°C during a summer setting, which was a bit hot for the race softs. In yesterday's races the track temp varied between 32 to 45° which, in theory, should have been warm enough.

During race 3 I pushed but couldn't get past you (safely). Great race though. 👍

I didn't really have any problems with my tyre temperatures. I'd set the race during the spring because the track temp was reaching 58°C during a summer setting, which was a bit hot for the race softs. In yesterday's races the track temp varied between 32 to 45° which, in theory, should have been warm enough.

During race 3 I pushed but couldn't get past you (safely). Great race though. 👍

Sometimes I can't understand this game. As I said earlier, I did 25 min. race against AI's and engine damage was 13 (and I drove in engine save "mode"), but after 2 race engine damage was only 3 (loose setup as always).

Overall I am happy with yesterday results, but I wish I would have closer battle with Salty (even if results would be the same). In the pre race loby I had 1:37.8 so I expected that :). Also in the pre race loby temperatures were higher when in my practice, but there I hadn't engine problems too. Sometimes I think you are faster or slower according others not due to you own skils, but due game load different settings for different players. Or maybe I am wrong...

According race 3 - you was quicker, but you raced as true gentelmen (as always) and avoided risky atempts to pass. And top speed of Ferrari helped me too.

@Napalm_LT yes I saw your 1:37 in the practice lobby and thought oh, here we go again. I was generally lapping 1:39s so was surprised that I could pull away. Our closest racing in R2 was when we kept swapping places due to errors! Like you said to Paul, the Ferrari's top speed really helps, it naturally defends against the best overtaking opportunity of the main straight and T1.

When you're in the screen before race starts, do you always select the set up? I believe there's a bug in the game, whereby if you don't manually select the set up each time, it doesn't apply the settings correctly. Otherwise, if you already do this, then I'm not sure what it could be; like my issues with the aids turning off at random, the game just torments us sometimes.

@Napalm_LT
When you're in the screen before race starts, do you always select the set up? I believe there's a bug in the game, whereby if you don't manually select the set up each time, it doesn't apply the settings correctly. Otherwise, if you already do this, then I'm not sure what it could be; like my issues with the aids turning off at random, the game just torments us sometimes.
I never do that. Thanks, I'll try that.

Also for possible handling problems, if you're using a custom pit stop strategy you need to set it up for individual cars, don't just use one from a previous car. Otherwise your tyre pressures can get altered - which is often the case when the car feels odd after a stop. It's also the problem that often causes tyres not to be changed when you think they should.

I think when using default everything stays the same (but you might not get your tyres changed).

The "trouble" with PCars is Livetrack. Different times of day, different months and different seasons can have a huge impact on temperatures and particularly on track surface conditions. And if you add into that weather, light/shade and dirt on track, well... It all makes it very realistic but can cause problems.
Having said that though, a great thing about PCars is Livetrack. It wouldn't be the same without it.

I'll have to start giving you the date the races are being held on, it might help with practising. The trouble is I don't usually know myself until a couple of days before. ☺

Also for possible handling problems, if you're using a custom pit stop strategy you need to set it up for individual cars, don't just use one from a previous car. Otherwise your tyre pressures can get altered - which is often the case when the car feels odd after a stop. It's also the problem that often causes tyres not to be changed when you think they should.

I think when using default everything stays the same (but you might not get your tyres changed).

The "trouble" with PCars is Livetrack. Different times of day, different months and different seasons can have a huge impact on temperatures and particularly on track surface conditions. And if you add into that weather, light/shade and dirt on track, well... It all makes it very realistic but can cause problems.
Having said that though, a great thing about PCars is Livetrack. It wouldn't be the same without it.

I'll have to start giving you the date the races are being held on, it might help with practising. The trouble is I don't usually know myself until a couple of days before. ☺
Don't get me wrong, everythink is fine and all your organizing job is wonderfull. I just was a bit confused of being much slower in the race than in the pracktice/qually and seeing Saltyrocket dissapering ahead :)

if you're using a custom pit stop strategy you need to set it up for individual cars
There is one exception, which I used last night. That is the "do nothing" strategy, which asks that they add no fuel or tyres and fix no damage. That works irrespective of car, because tyre pressures don't come into it. Oddly, when you pit, they still bring out tyres and wheel guns and you still sit there for a while, but they don't touch the car.

There is one exception, which I used last night. That is the "do nothing" strategy, which asks that they add no fuel or tyres and fix no damage. That works irrespective of car, because tyre pressures don't come into it. Oddly, when you pit, they still bring out tyres and wheel guns and you still sit there for a while, but they don't touch the car.
You do have to watch that though. Even though they don't change the tyres they can still adjust the pressures of the ones you have fitted! They being your virtual pit crew.

There is one exception, which I used last night. That is the "do nothing" strategy,.
Yes that's the one I go for too, for me it's called "DT" (drive through - double cheeseburger meal optional). I think yesterday it took 5.3 seconds for them to do sod all. I saw some videos online showing that if you put just 1litre fuel in they actually do it faster, about 2 seconds, but it doesn't work for me.

Edit: thanks for the tip about the pressures Paul, didn't realise they might do that. I'll superglue my dust caps on next time!

Last edited:
I'm glad I got another run out in it, and can't wait to use it again at Watkins or RA.
YOU'RE BANNED!

@Zolon32 you should use faster car and finish 4 -
Yeah, I realised that Napalm. To be honest, I quite enjoyed the feel of the Nissan, but I was caught off guard by its reaction to the surface temperature being lower than during my practice. Its performance really fell off a cliff. Hey ho, I've seen people all around me having some terrible luck during a few of the races in this series, so I feel that my standing did not truly reflect my performances, which were noteworthy for their lack of bad luck, rather than any scorching speed.

Anyway, onwards to... er... somewhere else, I'm sure I know where it is, but I can't remember!.. LeMans, that's it. Le Mans, onward there, leaving my Nissan back in the garage. Phew.

Dotty old Zo.

When you doing time trails, its all ways, on nice sunny day, track temperature warm. I got my best lap, 1.48, doing 12 laps all at once.
Here's race photos.

MPWDEYOEX-LAAAYWE_.jpeg
Project CARS 2_20211013105517.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110102232.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110102350.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110102434.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110102533.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110102639.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110103501.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104135.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104303.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104457.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104521.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104609.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104643.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104707.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104742.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104826.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110104953.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110105134.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110105207.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110105535.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110105400.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110105558.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110110045.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110110312.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110111208.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110111242.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110111302.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110112358.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110112430.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110112815.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110112852.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110112953.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110113047.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110113123.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110113433.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110113746.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110113953.jpg
Project CARS 2_20211110114133.jpg

I'll get this in a little earlier than usual.

Monday's race at the Bugatti circuit will be held on the 16th of June (the default date). It will remain dry but the differing times of day and weather conditions will result in various temperatures for each of the 3 races. The track temperatures will however remain generally fairly constant throughout each race - no sudden loss of grip. Hope that helps for anyone practising. ☺

Plus there's one change. Due to the tight corner that leads onto the start straight that causes problems when using a rolling start...
>> The Bugatti races will all begin with a STANDING Start <<
So remember to practice that. Actually it's not so bad.

Also there's quite a few corners where my lack of a track limit penalty can be er... taken advantage of. Try to stay on track as much as you can. 😉

I see @Zolon32 is in the process of constructing a thread over HERE for his VGTA series. It's an early work in progress so expect changes and additions. (His race timings are currently a bit out I believe)

I may be running a short (fun) series over the Christmas period to fill the gap before his begins. Snow anyone? 😀

Last edited:
Also there's quite a few corners where my lack of a track limit penalty can be er... taken advantage of. Try to stay on track as much as you can. 😉
It seems you're okay on the green strip on the inside of the kerb on the last turn, but heaven forbid you even look at the green stuff on the chicane.

Snow sounds good for the winter interim. Enjoyed those summer nights and welcome more seasonal stuff.

It seems you're okay on the green strip on the inside of the kerb on the last turn, but heaven forbid you even look at the green stuff on the chicane.
Their inconsistency is one of the reasons the limits are switched off. Best to leave it to the individual to make the right decision.

The possible snow idea is coming along, I have some lists. What I'm going to do with those lists is undecided at the moment. But I've got a few weeks to figure it out. :dopey:

It's an early work in progress so expect changes and additions before commenting. (His race timings are currently a bit out I believe)
No fellas, comment away. I won't always take any notice, but all comments are welcome 👍

F*"(% the limits, that's what I say 😃

I have late meeting tomorow 100 km away from home, so don't wait me if I won't be online on time. Probably I will join at some point later.
100km eh? Should take you about thirty minutes to get home then Napalm. Don't worry anyway fella, I'm sure that Salty will do the right thing and sit out the races you can't get there in time for.. he's such a gent :)

Hey all, feeling far better after having that break. Kinda did abit of Self-Reflection and came to the conclusion that I just simply haven't addressed that flaw of mine I had for a while. I have always been by far my worst critic, no amount of insults from anyone else can cut me deep the way I have done for years and I finally just went "What has that accomplished? Where has that helped?" Quite simply, it never has. What it has done is make me give up on doing anything I want because I spent too much time looking at everything I did wrong and not enough on what I did right or what I can do right. (Something something "Inner demons" and all that). Anyhow, I am back and if there is room for the final races, I am ready to show up.

As for next week, I am trying to figure out what to use out of the Toyota and the Ferrari. The GT-ONE is by far the quickest of all the cars I tested but the F50 GT is the most comfortable (As long as you don't turn while braking, we don't do that here).

Last edited:
100km eh? Should take you about thirty minutes to get home then Napalm. Don't worry anyway fella, I'm sure that Salty will do the right thing and sit out the races you can't get there in time for.. he's such a gent :)
That post is at Lewis Hamilton's level (so a BOSS level) of mind gaming :sly:

Hey @RACECAR we all push ourselves, it's part of the fun. And when it stops being fun we should stop pushing, it's a delicate balance, glad you addressed it and decided to come back to these races. Due to a number of circumstances I was away for almost a month and I really felt happy to be racing again, this is a fun group and these are fun races! Welcome back! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back