gt1 drift techniques

• Thread starter drftnfc
  • 15 comments
hey just wondering if any one knows any teks to drift other than feint and brake-gas downshift. just in gt1 though thanks in advance.

For front-drive cars, you can also use the handbrake. I find that if you substitute the L2 button for the circle, this makes handbrake drifts even easier if you're an analog stick player. If you use buttons instead of analog, its easier to just use the circle, tho. In some longer front drive cars like the Honda Accord Wagon, you can use the back weight to induce slides if you also set up the suspension certain ways.

i remember the last time i drifted in GT1

all i had to do was steer and the rest was child's play.

i was using a stock Viper.

dudejo
i remember the last time i drifted in GT1

all i had to do was steer and the rest was child's play.

i was using a stock Viper.

That's Vipers for you. I found it was pretty easy to drift almost any of the rear drive car's, the Cerberra LM for instance. All you had to do is enter the corner with just a little too much speed, turn in and brake, the back end gets loose and what do you know your drifting. I put hard tires on the front of rear drive cars which means that you can drift the front when turning into corners which is fun.

All you need is any car stock, yes, FF's included, and brake late and turn late, and the back end will naturally swing out, even in a Mazda Demio.

xjr-9

Where he said "spend", I assume he meant "spin".

The cars will spin out, and even do doughnuts, but once you're used to the game it's unrealistically easy to catch the sideways movement and therefore "drift" in various ways, whereas in real-life you might lose it and spin out. (Nonetheless, I sure did find it difficult to keep the NSX pointed in the right direction in the original demo...)

That would make sence. I had trouble with the NSX LM GT2 version but it was a fun drive.

I'm talking about the demo released before the game in North America. It was actually Arcade Mode. You could choose from one of three cars and could do a complete 2-lap race around Clubman R5. You could choose from some model of NSX, a recent Corvette, and a Subaru race-mod car.

It seemed just difficult enough, yet somehow manageable, that I bought the game. But I didn't anticipate what I was actually buying . . .

In the NSX, if you can keep from spinning, its easy to drift without even braking. Any other car, I usually just brake.

The demo had a [R] Impreza, C4 Corvette, Clubman Route 5, and a NSX Type S-Zero.

Sakiale
The demo had a [R] Impreza, C4 Corvette, Clubman Route 5, and a NSX Type S-Zero.

Did the C4 Corvette make it into the final game? I don't think we have that car in the PAL version...

i think there's 2, in the new cars, Corvette '96 coupe, and Corvette '96 Grand Sport

i'm pretty sure they're both C4s

Web searches suggest that the designation changed from C4 to C5 coincidentally with the 1997 model year. I.e. a 1996 model would be a C4.

Back