GT1 world records

• Thread starter DaKraken
  • 152 comments
the auctual tests
Hmm, Clean driving, and taking the optimal racing lines is the best strategy.
I have only golded all of them one time.
A-1 and A-4 are hard ones for sure, as the time requirements are very tight.

The Supra used in A-1 needs to be "flicked" into the long left-hand turn. Start as far right as you can, and then apply brakes and make the car slide into the turn, before gently straightening it up again. Make sure to not drift the corner, as this will lose a lot of time. Also, you need to take the car's power band into account.
Tip: Buy a stock Supra from the new car dealership, enter a race or a time trial, and go to the change parts menu. Now select the aspiration menu and take a look at the turbo section. In there you will actually find a dyno graph that shows the stock power and torque figures at certain RPM's. When the torque and power curves are at their respective highest points, use that info to calculate the ideal rev-range for the car, where the engine will output the highest amount of power.
Once you figure out power bands, when doing the tests that feature the Supra, you can then drive it optimally, keeping it within its best rev-range.
Same goes for the R33 GT-R used in test A-4

Other than that, the tests are fairly simple

also @Jandarman could you specify if you look on the records page if the cars you were driving there were stock or not?

would help a lot
My first car (Aston Martin DB7 Coupe) was tested in 2 states (Stock and Upgraded, but with no setup - it's indicated by color of text in post N4 of this thread). Don't count 3rd time - it's draft right now.

Actually in the beginning I wanted to run cars in 4 modes (1_Stock, 2_Modified-but with no setup, 3_Modified-with setup, 4_Racing Mod-Modified), but then I realized that it will be good if I will start with just Stock cars and then slowly move to another modes, because if we will simply calculate how much races must be done to find out best time for every car and every track in the game then we will got something like this:

I don't remember clearly, but Gt1 have something around 170 cars and 19 tracks (if we count reverse tracks too) and honestly I think that 2nd mode is waste of time (I mean 2_Modified-but with no setup) because there will be not so much difference in lap times between Cars that have Upgrades and setups and those that have Upgrades and doesn't have setups. And more than that - many of Gt1 players prefer to setup their cars (so 2nd mode goes to the bin). So let's calculate what remains:

~170 (cars) * 19 (tracks) * (3 modes in which cars will be tested) = ~9690 races

That's a lot))

Another car that I'm testing right now (Mitsubishi Mirage Asti RX) - is Stock right now

PS: and one more thing - My goal to find out best 2nd-Lap times - not 1st (cause on 2nd lap car is already on speed and not just starting race. Only this way you can find out best lap time for certain car and track)

Last edited:
My first car (Aston Martin DB7 Coupe) was tested in 2 states (Stock and Upgraded, but with no setup - it's indicated by color of text in post N4 of this thread). Don't count 3rd time - it's draft right now.

Actually in the beginning I wanted to run cars in 4 modes (1_Stock, 2_Modified-but with no setup, 3_Modified-with setup, 4_Racing Mod-Modified), but then I realized that it will be good if I will start with just Stock cars and then slowly move to another modes, because if we will simply calculate how much races must be done to find out best time for every car and every track in the game then we will got something like this:

I don't remember clearly, but Gt1 have something around 170 cars and 19 tracks (if we count reverse tracks too) and honestly I think that 2nd mode is waste of time (I mean 2_Modified-but with no setup) because there will be not so much difference in lap times between Cars that have Upgrades and setups and those that have Upgrades and doesn't have setups. And more than that - many of Gt1 players prefer to setup their cars (so 2nd mode goes to the bin). So let's calculate what remains:

~170 (cars) * 19 (tracks) * (3 modes in which cars will be tested) = ~9690 races

That's a lot))

Another car that I'm testing right now (Mitsubishi Mirage Asti RX) - is Stock right now

PS: and one more thing - My goal to find out best 2nd-Lap times - not 1st
thanks for the information about that.

also this data collection is extrememly useful and i wish i could help but ps2 be a bit diffrent.

Anyone can help to find out best lap times for Gt1 cars - it's insane to do this alone and incorrect - because somebody may be faster than you on certain car or track. It's more like a challenge than just simple tests. And in the end the gathered info can be helpful for making online gt1-tournaments (if they will be created someday). Cause if players will have this info, then they can more fairly pickup similar cars for race against each other in tournaments. For example maybe some stock car can beat some race car or be equal to it in terms of HP and speed...

PS: btw - I'm playing PAL (Euro) version of GT1 and GT2 (in case if this make sense)

Last edited:
Btw - this is kinda important question

Do you do wall-gliding or grass (dirt)-riding during your best-lap time runs?
(I'm asking this question - because it can make difference in time too)

I'm do runs without wall-gliding or grass (dirt)-riding (like in license tests)

sometimes wall gliding takes a mix in a speed run but most of the time i just stick to the road and sometimes clipping the grass(which normally wrecks the run)

true and here is an updated version of the records list

It's worth pointing out that there are other websites like the below which people use to collect fastest lap times in GT1:

Referring to the times in this thread as 'world records' is probably a bit misleading, other than Submaniac's time which is genuinely faster than the record but doesn't meet the rules for that scoreboard.

It's worth pointing out that there are other websites like the below which people use to collect fastest lap times in GT1:

Referring to the times in this thread as 'world records' is probably a bit misleading, other than Submaniac's time which is genuinely faster than the record but doesn't meet the rules for that scoreboard.
y the list of times i am recording here is for people who dont have to worry about strict rules and can post their times freely

but i do see your point in having the website

I've updated my Grand Valley East for Mitsubishi Mirage Asti RX:
Now it's: 1:16:441

3) Mitsubishi Mirage Asti RX (Stock New) - GrandValleyEastS I -5.JPG
3) Mitsubishi Mirage Asti RX (Stock New) - GrandValleyEastS I -5 (table).JPG

PS: I must say that this car (in stock version) and this track is a horrible combo if you want to achieve best lap time, cause it's not that easy to do so.

Last edited:
What I don't like about GT1 - is that you don't have freedom in time trials in terms of how much laps to run. It's always 2 and no more than that. And the second thing is that when you watching replays of races you can't see realtime time-counter. It's static. In GT2 time is ticking in replays, in GT1 it's not.

But on opposite side I like how car setup is done - you can clearly see what settings you changing, I mean you see what part of the car will be affected (for example camber or suspension). And my favourite part is that you can see how much km/mile on which gear you will have with certain gear ratio number.

Last edited:

You can allow "dirty driving" in some circumstances if it gives you a noticeable time difference, otherwise, clean driving (like in license tests) is the way to go for getting the best times. I allowed myself two wall-rides on the reverse High-Speed Ring, one right after the main straight, and the second after the short straight when coming out of the S-curve, to have a greater exit speed compared to a clean run, since the Skylines tends to struggle in the corners.
What I don't like about GT1 - is that you don't have freedom in time trials in terms of how much laps to run. It's always 2 and no more than that. And the second thing is that when you watching replays of races you can't see realtime time-counter. It's static. In GT2 time is ticking in replays, in GT1 it's not.

But on opposite side I like how car setup is done - you can clearly see what settings you changing, I mean you see what part of the car will be affected (for example camber or suspension). And my favourite part is that you can see how much km/mile on which gear you will have with certain gear ratio number.
I wonder why they did away with that in later games. It was neat, being able to fine-tune gears to your liking

Anyways, I'm back for more testing now.
Next test: Stock vs. Modified
Car: Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T Type M
Track: High-Speed Ring

Time (Stock)
2nd Lap: 1:05:363
Total: 2:19:175

Time (Modified)
2nd Lap: 0:49:499
Total: 1:45:452

Attachments

• HSR - Skyline GTS-T stock.jpg
    HSR - Skyline GTS-T stock.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 11
  • HSR - Skyline GTS-T modified.jpg
    HSR - Skyline GTS-T modified.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 11
Time to introduce Grand Valley and Special Stage Route 11.
Same car as before. Stock vs. Modified - These are not meant to represent the best possible time on the tracks.

Time (stock) - Grand Valley
2nd Lap: 2:05:062
Total: 4:18:426

Time (modified) - Grand Valley
2nd Lap: 1:36:714
Total: 3:20:299

Time (stock) - SSR11
2nd Lap: 2:16:564
Total: 4:39:947

Time (modified) - SSR11
2nd Lap: 1:46:907
Total: 3:39:043

Attachments

• Grand Valley - Stock.jpg
    Grand Valley - Stock.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Grand Valley - Modified.jpg
    Grand Valley - Modified.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 10
  • SSR11 - Stock.jpg
    SSR11 - Stock.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 9
  • SSR11 - Modified.jpg
    SSR11 - Modified.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
You can allow "dirty driving" in some circumstances if it gives you a noticeable time difference, otherwise, clean driving (like in license tests) is the way to go for getting the best times. I allowed myself two wall-rides on the reverse High-Speed Ring, one right after the main straight, and the second after the short straight when coming out of the S-curve, to have a greater exit speed compared to a clean run, since the Skylines tends to struggle in the corners.

I wonder why they did away with that in later games. It was neat, being able to fine-tune gears to your liking
Well, for me the only possible excuses for these situations are:

1) If I'm trying to enter or exit turn and suddenly hit grass for a moment and with only 1 tire and then quickly return to track (because sometimes car can be near of out to control and you do everything to control it, but even then it touches grass with 1 tire just for a moment, not more)

2) If I'm trying to enter or exit turn and suddenly hit a wall, but this hit must be very light, to not heavy affect car's speed.

Either way, I'm trying not to create those 2 situations, but sometimes (very very rarely) it happens, because sometimes it's hard to set best 2nd time lap and you spend several hours to do so and you don't want to abandon record just because of this small mistakes. But I don't like wall-gliding because I see it as a cheating, because it can boost you in time and speed (Good example of that is 90 degree L-turn after passing 2nd section on Tahiti road in GT2). But it's my approach and my personal preference to set records and my IMHO. I don't force anybody to do the same. Everyone of us is different and what is good for one human may be bad for other. Peace

Last edited:
Time to introduce Grand Valley.
Same car as before. Stock vs. Modified - These are not meant to represent the best possible time on the track.

Time (stock)
2nd Lap: 2:05:062
Total: 4:18:426

Time (modified)
2nd Lap: 1:36:714
Total: 3:20:299
Can you post the settings of modified run? I mean car's settings (which gear ratios are set, which tires has been used and so on...). It would be helpful to find out best settings for modified version of cars in future.

Last edited:
Can you post the settings of modified run? I mean car's settings. It would be helpful to find out best settings for modified version of cars in future
Sure: I can take some screenshots of the settings that worked best for me (for this particular car)

Sure: I can take some screenshots of the settings that worked best for me (for this particular car)
Make them please and it would be nice if the posted settings will belong to these records. And please show screenshots of "car parts" that was installed on car too.

I will post my settings too when I will switch to modified version of cars

Last edited:
Make them please and it would be nice if the posted settings will belong to these records.

I will post my settings too when I will switch to modified version of cars
Here are the full settings of the modified version of the car.
Springs: Softest setting.
Height: Lowest (100 mm)
Damper: 6 / 6
Camber: 0.0 / 1.5
Stabilizer: 3 / 3
Brakes: 9 / 8

Attachments

• Downforce - R33 GTS-T.png
    Downforce - R33 GTS-T.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Fine-tuning - R33 GTS-T.jpg
    Fine-tuning - R33 GTS-T.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Gear setup - R33 GTS-T.png
    Gear setup - R33 GTS-T.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Dyno graph - R33 GTS-T.png
    Dyno graph - R33 GTS-T.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 9
  • settings - R33 GTS-T.png
    settings - R33 GTS-T.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 9
Which tires combo and stabilizers combo you have used?
Tire compound: Racing Slicks, Soft / Soft
Stabilizer: Hard - Like in the real world, race cars often use hard bushings in the stabilizers.

Edit: I posted clean laps when doing this comparison.

Last edited:
By clean laps you mean license-like runs?
Yes, clean laps are basically like the license tests. No wall-riding or extreme grass-touching.
If you touch a wheel on the grass, it is no big deal, or just graze the wall slightly (you won't fail in either situation).

Here is an interesting comparison:
Car: Mazda Demio LX Stock vs. Modified.
Track: Deep Forest

Time (stock)
Lap 2: 1:38:305
Total: 3:24:369

Time (modified)
Lap 2: 1:10:885
Total: 2:28:534

Settings will be posted later

Attachments

• Demio (Modified) - Deep Forest.jpg