GT1 world records

• Thread starter DaKraken
  • 152 comments
Thank you, guys! I'm going to do it with one of the racing cars, the GT-R has too much power for this track. I was thinking about the Del Sol LM Edition.

crx delsol lm.jpg

Here's another run with the Concept Car race mod. It wouldn't be possible to replicate those lap times on the NTSC-U and PAL versions, though - the Japanese version is hilariously fast and has an almost 1:1 power-to-weight ratio.
Без име.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another run with the Concept Car race mod. It wouldn't be possible to replicate those lap times on the NTSC-U and PAL versions, though - the Japanese version is hilariously fast and has an almost 1:1 power-to-weight ratio.
View attachment 1306193
That is true. The NTSC-J version has some crazy power to weight ratios on the race cars. Most of them only weigh around 600 kilograms, while in the international releases, the race cars weigh around 900 kilos

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer posting here for now, it keeps the thread alive. But I'll take a look. Thanks!
View attachment 1306193
Can you show to us the specifics of this car?? 🤔

Sure thing. I had to soften the dampers and springs so it wouldn't bounce that much on the straights and lift on two wheels around corners.
setup.jpg
specs-jpg.1306195

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
It's absolutely nuts. The biggest issue with it is that it bounces a lot (porpoising effect, like last year's Formula 1 cars). If you soften the suspension all the way, the bouncing on the straights stops, but it lifts on two wheels at almost every corner, so it's hard to drive. And if you tune the suspension to be harder, it corners like a go-kart, but it porpoises so much that it becomes undriveable.

I wonder Who can challenge with you, with the japanese release i mean 😅
I have only PAL videogames

I would test this car pump up at max to see the difference 💪🏼

I would test this car pump up at max to see the difference 💪🏼
You can't buy parts for the Concept Car, you can only fiddle with the suspension, downforce and gear ratios. You can't make it more powerful, if that's what you mean with you comment.

Last edited:
Btw - somewhere here on gtplanet or on youtube I saw that one can set Ai opponent from Player's garage car's. Don't know how to do it, but in terms of testing lap times when Ai drives it - quite interesting I think. Do you know something about it @pez2k ? (Sorry for disturb)

It's not something you can do with modding.
That is the effect of an ancient gameshark code that copies the relevant bits of data of the first 5 cars in your garage and replaces the ai's data with it during the loading of a race event.

Hi guys! I am trying my best time in Trial Mountain with Concept Car..

IMG_7491.jpeg

Almost 6 seconds more than m2595 with NTSC-U… impressive the difference.. now I turn off my play 2 slim.. to heal my wounded arm.. 😤😣

Merry Christmas everybody! Cheers 🥂

Attachments

• IMG_7491.jpeg
    IMG_7491.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 3
Merry Christmas to you too!
But please don't use multiple posts whenever possible (you can edit earlier posts in case you need to). That's standard forum etiquette 👍

HpNy too. Maybe we should choose each time one car and one track and help each other to create good 2nd lap time on it? What do you think guys? The only thing we must agree with - is what region version of game will be used to create this lap times. I prefer Europe metric system, but I can play on USA system too.

Btw - how to check which version of Euro-PAL of GT1 I'm using? By SCES or SCUS number? If so - can somebody provide me correct numbers of these versions? Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
HpNy too. Maybe we should choose each time one car and one track and help each other to create good 2nd lap time on it? What do you think guys? The only thing we must agree with - is what region version of game will be used to create this lap times. I prefer Europe metric system, but I can play on USA system too.

Btw - how to check which version of Euro-PAL of GT1 I'm using? By SCES or SCUS number? If so - can somebody provide me correct numbers of these versions? Thank you in advance :)
I have for sure italian version, SCES 00984, it is all in italian language obviously, and see attachment

Attachments

• IMG_7612.png
    IMG_7612.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

hello everyone!!!

I have made a discovery of recent about a program that makes it so you can see GT1 cars in this program (instead of booting the game to see the cars)

the program

the only problems with it( i have not been able to test it yet)
-is that it is from 2014 or later
-this brings up the problem of whether will it even run on Windows 10 or 11.

A couple of ideas that I have for if we get to revive it is to have the car details from Crasy_Hyenas Google Sheets and have a live update system for updating the fastest times made by those cars.

all of this is only a mere suggestion if we even get this dead program off the ground at all

Last edited:
Yes, I did a 0:29:825, with my RX-7
Also did High-Speed Ring in 0:46:744

Did it in 1:12:293 :)
The RX-7 Type RZ is pretty good when fully upgraded and tuned. IMO, the best handling car in the game.
Edit: Did it in 1:13:327 with the Skyline. Does not handle nearly as well as the RX-7, but it is faster off the line, and does not slide in corners. On the flipside, it does understeer a lot. - I had a Stage 2 turbo kit on it, taking it just north of 600 HP
I got a 1.10.221 on second lap of trial mountain and high speed ring is 44.874 tvr Cerbera LM

Back