GT1 world records

• Thread starter DaKraken
  • 152 comments
Another Demio test. SSR11 this time around.

Time (stock)
2nd Lap: 2:38:679
Total: 5:27:716

Time (Modified)
2nd Lap: 1:57:778
Total: 4:03:612

Attachments

• Demio - SSR11 (stock).jpg
    Demio - SSR11 (stock).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Demio - SSR11.png
    Demio - SSR11.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 6
damn imma have to create a bot that can read times and auto create a list for these

bescuse you guys are way too fast for me to write all of these down

Demio settings:
Springs: 2.0 / 1.8
Height: 100 / 100
Damper 3 / 3
Camber: Stock
Stabilizer: 3 / 3
Brakes: Stock

Boost: 6
Gearing...
1st: 2.735
2nd: 1.766
3rd: 1.424
4th: 1.168
5th: 1.000
Final: 3.322

Downforce: 0.49 / 0.48
Please edit this post by adding to it info about tire combo that's been used on mod-version of this car in this race. I mean don't forget to mention it too, cause tire-type can make difference in time.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Please edit this post by adding to it info about tire combo that's been used on mod-version of this car in this race. I mean don't forget to mention it too, cause tire-type can make difference in time.

Thanks in advance
I always use Racing Soft on both

continuing to run Mitsubishi Mirage Asti RX (Stock - New)

Clubman Stage R5:
2nd lap time: 1:00:149

actually I think that best 2nd lap time for this track can be liiiiiittle better for stock version of this car
5) Mitsubishi Mirage Asti RX (Stock New) - Clubman Stage R5 I - 3.JPG
5) Mitsubishi Mirage Asti RX (Stock New) - Clubman Stage R5 I - 3 (table).JPG

Last edited:
I have been working on a different little list, where I have written down all the stats of every car in the game, stock vs. fully upgraded, taken measurements of top speed, 0-400m (quarter mile) drag times and so on.

It's not 100% completed yet, but it is almost there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been working on a different little list, where I have written down all the stats of every car in the game, stock vs. fully upgraded, taken measurements of top speed, 0-400m (quarter mile) drag times and so on.

It's not 100% completed yet, but it is almost there.
It's good that you decided to do that, cause I was thinking of should I do it or anybody else could do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW - I catch myself today on a thought that if we will run cars in next order:

Every car on High Speed Ring
then
Every car on Autumn Ring Mini
then
Every car on Grand Valley East
etc...

I think this way we can obtain records little faster than if we will test one car on every track and only then switch to another car. Because this way we will train each track faster and not get bored with one car.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
BTW - I catch myself today on a thought that if we will run cars in next order:

Every car on High Speed Ring
then
Every car on Autumn Ring Mini
then
Every car on Grand Valley East
etc...

I think this way we can obtain records little faster than if we will test one car on every track and only then switch to another car. Because this way we will train each track faster and not get bored with one car.

Your thoughts?
Good idea. I can make a track records list based on the car list that I have made previously

Mitsubishi FTO GR (Stock - New)

High Speed Ring:
2nd lap time: 1:06:636
1) Mitsubishi FTO GR (Stock New) - HSRing I - 3.JPG
1) Mitsubishi FTO GR (Stock New) - HSRing I - 3 (table).JPG

I know, that I don't usually do this - but this time it happened automatically. 1st lap time on this car was about 0:00:386 faster than in previous screenshot and it can be faster than that maybe about an 0:00:200, but not more:
1) Mitsubishi FTO GR (Stock New) - HSRing I - 4.JPG
1) Mitsubishi FTO GR (Stock New) - HSRing I - 4 (table).JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, it can be so, because Stock Mitsu.FTO with 177hp runs threw High Speed Ring in 1:06:636 where Stock AstonM DB7-Coupe with 335hp beats High Speed Ring in 1:03:094 (1150 kg vs 1725 kg and Hp-ratio almost 1:2). Yikes.

Last edited:
Yeah, it can be so, because Stock Mitsu.FTO with 177hp runs threw High Speed Ring in 1:06:636 where Stock AstonM DB7-Coupe with 335hp beats High Speed Ring in 1:03:094 (1150 kg vs 1725 kg and Hp-ratio almost 1:2). Yikes.
Heavy cars struggle a lot in turns. I bet you can almost go 50% faster through turns with the FTO compared to the DB7

I bet you can almost go 50% faster through turns with the FTO compared to the DB7
We wil compare this moments too when we will upload replays to youtube. For some reason I think that entry-turn speed is matters, cause the more speed you have when entering turn, the more control you need for such a car. That's why speed in such cars can be low if compared to slow cars, which don't need so much control when entering turns

We wil compare this moments too when we will upload replays to youtube. For some reason I think that entry-turn speed is matters, cause the more speed you have when entering turn, the more control you need for such a car. That's why speed in such cars can be low if compared to slow cars, which don't need so much control when entering turns
There are many factors to consider as well, aside from power and weight.
Drivetrain, weight balance of the car, and body roll of the car. Somehow, GT prefers high body roll when going through corners

I have started on a little list of time trial times. First up is High Speed Ring. Now we need to do every car :D

Edit: First up is the Demio LX. Gotta start slow, you know :)
Stock vs. tuned

Attachments

• Demio - HSR tuned.png
    Demio - HSR tuned.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Demio - HSR stock.png
    Demio - HSR stock.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm gonna post my videos to youtube later, cause it takes time to edit them and so on... and either way I'm saving replays of my runs on memcards, to have an additional type of evidence.

And if we speak to modified version of cars - are you sure you set best settings for this particular car? I mean what pissing me off - is the need of finding out best settings for each modified car in game, because best setting for modified version of car is not just correct gear ratios, but also how suspension and other params are adjusted. In the end it may vary in best lap time.

I'm also thinking that for each particular track must be set unique gear ratios for each car - reason: corner entry speed and exit speed may vary. But on the other hand - it will be huge pain in the #ss

What do you think of it?

Last edited:
Mitsubishi FTO GPX (Stock - New)

High Speed Ring:
2nd lap time: 1:05:384

1) Mitsubishi FTO GPX (Stock-New) - High Speed Ring 5.JPG
1) Mitsubishi FTO GPX (Stock-New) - High Speed Ring 5 (table).JPG

Last 2 tested cars is absolutely identical - except that 2nd is 20kg heavier than 1st :boggled:

Last edited:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (Stock - New)

High Speed Ring:
2nd lap time: 1:03:631
1) Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (Stock-New) - High Speed Ring 3.JPG
1) Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (Stock-New) - High Speed Ring 3 (table).JPG

I tried then beat 2nd lap time, but the only thing I have beaten is 1st lap time. 2nd lap time was exactly same lol
1) Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (Stock-New) - High Speed Ring 4.JPG
1) Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (Stock-New) - High Speed Ring 4 (table).JPG

I'm gonna post my videos to youtube later, cause it takes time to edit them and so on... and either way I'm saving replays of my runs on memcards, to have an additional type of evidence.

And if we speak to modified version of cars - are you sure you set best settings for this particular car? I mean what pissing me off - is the need of finding out best settings for each modified car in game, because best setting for modified version of car is not just correct gear ratios, but also how suspension and other params are adjusted. In the end it may vary in best lap time.

I'm also thinking that for each particular track must be set unique gear ratios for each car - reason: corner entry speed and exit speed may vary. But on the other hand - it will be huge pain in the #ss

What do you think of it?
I don't think we have to be that pendantic in the end, as it will take so much longer to get the results.
Screenshots of the times are fine. Stock cars are stock cars anyways. And in my tuned comparison, the cars are all fully upgraded, and set based on drivetrain. All has the softest spring setting available, as close as possible to 100 mm in height, and a front bias on brakes.
As for gearing, I set it up based on the power band of the engine, to get the best possible acceleration.
Downforce is always set to max

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm Alessandro from Italy, I would also like to post the times of the granturismo uno circuits! what is the name of the site? A thousand thanks!

thanks for the information about that.

also this data collection is extrememly useful and i wish i could help but ps2 be a bit diffrent.
I also use PlayStation 2 console, I have GT1, 2, Concept, 3, 4 Prologue, 4

Hi everyone, I'm Alessandro from Italy, I would also like to post the times of the granturismo uno circuits! what is the name of the site? A thousand thanks!

I also use PlayStation 2 console, I have GT1, 2, Concept, 3, 4 Prologue, 4
I use Google to make the spreadsheets. I plan to make one for each track, since it is based on my car list.
Just post your times in this thread, and specify the car you used, if it was stock or modified (by modified I am specifically talking about a full upgrade set, with a racing modification, and soft racing tires).
I am going to add a few columns to the spreadsheet where I can add details such as tuning, and power setup used to post the best times with the cars on the various tracks

Back