GT2 Drift videos

• Thread starter loulou221
  • 226 comments
To loulou: Problem is, if I train my drifting, my grip driving would suffer. And that means I will become slow all over again. So I'll just stick with grip. I actually like to slide the car a bit when turning, so the tires are at the limit of their grip, but not full-blown drifting. That's the fastest way to turn, I believe. But yes, I agree that with sufficient practice anyone can become drift king.

To loulou: Problem is, if I train my drifting, my grip driving would suffer. And that means I will become slow all over again. So I'll just stick with grip. I actually like to slide the car a bit when turning, so the tires are at the limit of their grip, but not full-blown drifting. That's the fastest way to turn, I believe. But yes, I agree that with sufficient practice anyone can become drift king.

I"ve said many times how my very first drift (in a Viper at Grand Valley's fist hairpin turn) was a complete accident. I took the turn too fast, slid into it, countersteered, and then hit the thottle. I remember reading the GT Driving Manual and Reference Guide about drifts, feint motion, friction circles, and stuff and i remember thinking "sounds cool, but that's for advanced drivers."

So just remember that...you could eventually get good at drifting and it might start by accident.

True :) When I first started playing GT I liked to drift.....A LOT! It just looks really cool with all that tire smoke and screeching. But then my uncle (who introduced me to GT) will always battle with me using tire damage. He would always win, because I drifted every corner and before I knew it my tires are shot. So I was forced to change my driving style to grip, which is a lot smoother and forgiving on the tires. I always win against him ever since, and grip driving kinda stuck to me too. I still love drifting though, because of its never-ending coolness :sly:.

True :) When I first started playing GT I liked to drift.....A LOT! It just looks really cool with all that tire smoke and screeching. But then my uncle (who introduced me to GT) will always battle with me using tire damage. He would always win, because I drifted every corner and before I knew it my tires are shot. So I was forced to change my driving style to grip, which is a lot smoother and forgiving on the tires. I always win against him ever since, and grip driving kinda stuck to me too. I still love drifting though, because of its never-ending coolness :sly:.

That's an awesome story. 👍

i agree 200% wit u.. endless

That's really cool 👍. Drifting with cars you normally don't drift with.....and with some that's dangerous to get sideways with (TVRs and Cobra).

Thanks ! The TVRs are well for drifting because their engine is very powerful so you can make the tires burning very easily, exactly like american muscles.
And the Cobra is the only car modified (500 hp).
The Vector is good when you take the corners very fast, because there's no power under 4000-4500 rpm (90 kph).
And for the XKR, I don't find it good for drifting because it doesn't have enough power to drift very well in the second gear. I don't know why, because the engine is rated at 394 hp and has good torque... This is very strange.
And again, thank you very much for comments !

Hey you're right about the Vector....no power below 4,000 rpms! 👍 Did you use the stock "3-speed" tranny as well?

Yeah the TVR is easy to get into a drift....but getting out of it is a problem :lol:. The Cobra too. The awesome thing about Vectors drifitng is, it's just so out of place! You see muscle cars and japanese cars drifting everywhere, but an exotic supercar drifting? That's a rarity 👍. The Vector has so much grip too that getting it to drift seems impossible, but you did it, so good work once again.

P.S. You said the Jag is bad, but that drift through the chicanes at SSR5 is just perfect!

Hey you're right about the Vector....no power below 4,000 rpms! 👍 Did you use the stock "3-speed" tranny as well?
Yes, the stock 3-speed transmission (more than 100 mph in the first gear...).
The car is completely stock.

The Vector has so much grip too that getting it to drift seems impossible, but you did it, so good work once again.
It has a lot of grip with normal tires, but with simulation tires, everything is possible...

You said the Jag is bad, but that drift through the chicanes at SSR5 is just perfect!
Thank you very much !
The Jag is easy to drift until 90-100 kph, once this speed reached, there's not enough power to make the tires burning, so this is more difficult to make a long drift. This is why that drift through the chicanes seems to be perfect...

Yeah I forgot about simulation tires for drifting. Still good work though, because the car is stock on everything else.

If I can make a request, on your next drifting vid can you include a TVR Speed 12, Ford GT90 and Lancia Stratos? I love those cars and I know they're good for drifting, but I can't drift well myself. As you're the Drift King around here it would be great to see you drift in those cars :). If that isn't too much to ask.

YEah...Stratos is a good call. 👍 I would love to see the old Aston DB6 get sideways if possible, too. :)

For the RUF it will be possible, the DB6 too. For the DB6, it will be more complicated because there is the problem of the Jaguar, so I have to decide which turn I will drift... But of course I will make it drift !
For the GT90 and the Stratos, I can't because I don't have them... Sorry.
I can get the Speed Twelve easily, so I will try.
This afternoon I have nothing to do so I think I will get these cars. Maybe the next video will feature only exotic cars, because this video featured V8 powered cars...
Don't worry, you'll be surprised... I hope.

Nice job, as usually :) Shame you don't have a ePSXe, I'm working on a GT2 video tribute, which should be good, and I can't shoot that much drift scenes (like these [direct dl]) since I'm kind of a track-spec "racer" :)

Yes, that was really fast, but this is the way I work...
About the video, there is nothing special, so try again.
Thanks for comments !

The Speed 12 is just awesome way beyond words, really nice work 👍. The S2000 GT1 & Tommy ZZII is a nice surprise too, and they fit in nicely with the vid. Shelby drifting around Motorsport Land looks fun :D.

AAZ: You share the same problem as me, I like drifting, but I can't do it well myself since I'm a grip driver.

And loulou for epsxe config settings you can ask sucahyo for that. He's the guy to go to if you have technical problems with emulators :).

Ok, thanks ! The Speed 12 is very hard to control, too much power. This car is a monster
The S2000 GT1 drifts very well, and the ZZII too.
For the Shelby, I wanted it to be in the video because I love Muscle Cars...

Yes the Speed 12 is Griffith on steroids. I figured you would have more than enough power to drift that thing, hence my request. You didn't show any signs of struggling with that car in the vid though, except for that 360 spin. Was the spin intentional or accidental? Looks cool still.

Yet another drifting video.
This is me drifting at Grand Valley Speedway in a Vette Coupe.
Sorry for the sound, I used my headphones and my laptop's integrated microphone to record it. That's like scanning the monitor instead of pressing Printscreen, but I didn't have any option :)
Mods: everything except NA tuning and racing modification.
Settings: stiff suspension, soft stabilizers, close gearing, manual transmission. I guess, there's no need to list them all.
Tires: Normal / Normal.

You can download it from Rapidshare in Good Quality (33 MB; direct download - no need to wait), or watch the YouTube version:

Back