GT2 Drift videos

• Thread starter loulou221
  • 226 comments
That AE86 drifting is nice, but the license test course is just EPIC! 👍. Properly. Awesome. Period.

As for ideas, I've got one: Lotus Esprit in Rome Night :). If that's not too much to ask.

Thanks for your feedback guys :)

As for ideas, I've got one: Lotus Esprit in Rome Night :). If that's not too much to ask.
Uh! Rome-Night... Where are you supposed to drift there? :scared: There are some really really long corners, and the others are far from each other... I'll give it a go, but I don't promise you anything :nervous:

Well the first long corner is a good spot, then you have a couple of switchbacks which could be good too. After this it gets boring because of the long straight, then you have the chicane (impossible to not drift there)! Then a couple more 90 degree corners, then the downhill hairpin. After a short strecth you have the last hairpin. A pretty good drift track I should say.

Well the first long corner is a good spot, then you have a couple of switchbacks which could be good too. After this it gets boring because of the long straight, then you have the chicane (impossible to not drift there)! Then a couple more 90 degree corners, then the downhill hairpin. After a short strecth you have the last hairpin. A pretty good drift track I should say.

I would think so. 👍 +rep

Thanks for your feedback guys :)

Uh! Rome-Night... Where are you supposed to drift there? :scared: There are some really really long corners, and the others are far from each other... I'll give it a go, but I don't promise you anything :nervous:

Actually, Rome nite seems like a good place to get some good smaller drifts..power-oversteer heaven!

I should say I wouldn't tell what I told if I didn't try it :) Rome-Night always attracted me, partially because it's so rare, but mostly because it's a damn good track 👍 But I did try drifting there, and I should say it was okay...but that's all. It was okay. Nothing special, you know. Nothing really to watch.

Almost done it with a '67 Stingray, screwed up in the second to last chicane :ouch: This all looked kinda good though. I'll keep on trying later.

Rome Night isn't the hardest of all tracks. Keep practicing and this would be okay.
I love the drifts with the 86, sometimes I wonder if you aren't better than me at drifting...

Rome Night isn't the hardest of all tracks. Keep practicing and this would be okay.
I love the drifts with the 86, sometimes I wonder if you aren't better than me at drifting...

I seem to remember the BMW 3-series are being great drifters here, too. 👍

What makes Rome-Night special for drifting (for me) is because it's a night track. There's only 3 of them in GT2, and you can't really drift in both CSR5 or SSR5. So that leaves Rome-Night as the only night drift track. Somehow drifting becomes more spectacular under all those lights and with the car's headlights on :cool:.

I wish GT2 had SSR11, that would be the ULTIMATE drift track. No questions asked!

SSR 11 would be the greatest track for drifting, because it has a lot of corners. But I think there's no difference between a night track and a day track, and with a good drift car, SSR5 or CSR5 can be drifted easily.

Well, there's no difference in doing a drift on a day or night track, it's the replay that I find better at night tracks. You know, under floodlights and with the car's headlights on, it makes a good change to the usual drift scene. Maybe that's just me though.

Another track that could be good is Pikes Peak Downhill 👍.

Well, here we go :)
As long as you guys love this track so much, I decided that the old Chevy is too easy for that, so I took something a bit more challenging :)
As always, rapidshare version (51 MB) and youtube:

I think I should say that I have touched a wall once. My bad
icon_exclaim.gif
This can be proven from the 3rd-person view replay.

Also, the middle of this track is kind of boring, so I thought it would be a good idea to cheer you up and make some 360-degree spins on purpose :dopey:

Last edited:
Holy crap! That first 360 spin is the most awesome thing I've ever seen performed in GT2 :scared:. Deep respect man :bowdown:. And sorry for doubting your words AAZ, but I think you did touch the wall after the second 360 spin. Still, it's an amazing drift vid 👍. The Superbird is also one of my favourite muscle cars :).

Huh, you're right =) Just watched the sky high replay - there was a contact in that place =) My bad.
Also, glad you liked it :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the clue, just done it, but too tired to make the video of that replay. Also sadly that the Super Speedway cinematic cameras are so...bad.

It would be interesting if you guys guessed what car did I use :) It's not what you'd call a classic drifter :)

Last edited:
Uh-huh, you mean, a car with big power? Like, seven hundred horsepower?
crazy.gif

I guess this is not what they were expecting me to do on this license track :D

By the way, although it looks easy-peasy, actually it was unbelievably difficult to hold the drift that long. It took me a lot of tries to do that. Thanks to the power mostly :) Though, as it took not so much time to screw up over and over again, I didn't manage to get tired :)

Apologies for the hyooge quote. But how did you get to drive on the license track?

And sweet drifting, I'll try and get some vids of my Mine's R33 up. But I don't have PSXe. I play it on the PS2, any tips you can reccommend?

Super drifting AAZ 👍. The Speed 12 is one of my fave cars to drive, but not for drifting, that's way too scary :scared:. Nice double 360 spins (or should I say quadruple? :lol:). Super Speedway's cinematic cameras are really bad though, too far away from the car and the angle is too wide. Can you move the cameras somehow using gameshark? Maybe not. Still, another amazing work well done.

Crazy work AGAIN AAZ! Never cease to amaze. Speed 12? That's like harnessing the power of God himself and then telling it to go sideways! 👍

Superb drifting as usual loulou 👍. I dig the S2000 GT1 drifting at High Speed Ring, looks like it came straight out of D1GP. The Vette GS at Autumn Ring is pretty spectaular too, and also the RUF bit at the end.

You really should get epsxe buddy, the vid quality doesn't do your drifting justice.

Back