GT2 Drift videos

• Thread starter loulou221
  • 226 comments
Thanks for the messages !
--> A.A.Z. : it isn't a question about power and size...
--> Legend-1 : the S2000 GT1 is easy to control and powerful, that's why it is perfect for a track like this.
And I have ePSXe, but I can't manage to configure it,

Last edited:
This is one of my favourite drift cars: a BMW 840i with the TVR sp12 engine (are hybrids allowed here?) and 807cv. It's difficult to drive but its enormous acceleration gives some advantages...

Last edited:
Sure hybrids are allowed. I couldn't watch that vid on this computer for some reason tho. I'll try a different one later.

That is mental :scared:. You were so close to the walls and looks like you're going to spin out every corner...but you held on. Good job 👍.

The Speed 12 engine sound is as sweet as ever. I'll never mistake that growl for anything else :sly:.

BTW, what's 807cv?

Right (I'm french....).
Good job with the BMW, that's quite good. Maybe you should try simulation tyres, it would be another challenge and it would prevent you from steering to keep the car drifting...

i'll watch them eventually, i gotta wait to hook my other computer up, tho (the one taht plays videos flawlessly. If i watch it here, i'll

This is quite impressive, even if there is a few mistakes at the end of the track.
The Datsun is a great drift car, its engine allows it to drift very well.
But I had never seen a Datsun drifting the fastest corners of Apricot Hill before...
Love the 360 too !
Did you use simulation tires ?

Thanks :) Yeah, of course the sim tires. Datsun is quite powerless - just above 300 hp, though it's very light and the tires are skinny, so on moderate speeds and with some advanced gearbox tuning in drifts wonderful.

That... was... epic.
Do you use a keyboard for that? If so, that makes it even more impressive.👍

Hehe, that looks cool indeed :)
How was the drift? I heard you like the 240z :)

As ty0123 says, the drifts were epic. 👍 One question tho: are those 2 videos different runs? They gotta be...i noticed there's different things going on. I like watching them side by side, anyways. 👍

Thanks guys :)

ty00123, yes, I use the keyboard. ePSXe wouldn't let me use a joystick or a wheel :(

Parnelli, no, that's just one replay captured using different cameras, and that's it :)

Nice job as usual! I especially love the scene where it's a top-down view (like in the first Grand Theft Auto) where you're driving a Camaro I think, and you just miss the wall at SS Route 5! :dopey:

I left you a comment in the comments area, too. 👍

Super sideways action as usual 👍 It's refreshing to see drifting just in the name of fun and not to get the world record score. Some nice & interesting choice of cars as well. I'd never dream of drifitng that understeery R34 boat. The Cosmo and Elise is very cool. I also don't know that you can get an almost exact replica of the Fedex 300ZX by RMing a stock one! What's with that short Lantis bit though? :odd: Bloopers? :lol: Love that close shave with the Camaro as well.

Watching this vid reminds me of 3 things: how good GT2's graphics still is, how amazing RMs used to look and the cheesiness of patchwork quilt style spectators :dopey: (yet people still complain about 2D animated spectators in GT5)

I have to agree with everything you have posted, LeGeNd-1. 👍 I've been playing GT2 this past month, golding the licenses which I would have never thought of golding in my PS1, and it's simply amazing how good of a game it still is. I believe though that the graphics in the video seem much more smoother than the ones in my PS2. Or maybe it's just my imagination. Regardless of that, it's really an incredible video. 👍

Thanks a lot everyone ! I'm preparing a new video, it should be released before the end of the year...
About the Lantis, it is one of the cars I drive with simulation tires, just for fun. It sounds really nice (you can't hear it in the video) and different from VTECs. That's why it is in the video. It could be a blooper too...
The R34 is a big boat, that's for sure, but with fine suspension tuning, and 580 horsepower, it becomes more agile, and the stock differentials give more power to the rear. It is in fact a great drift car. I wasn't expecting that when I bought it : I just wanted a 4WD car capable of lapping Laguna Seca in less than 1.30 with simulation tires, which was easier than I thought.
If you look closer when the Tommy Kaira M30 slides, you can see that it is also very close from the wall, maybe a little bit closer than the Camaro.
I always use RMs when it is possible, because they shave weight and affects overall balance : they make cars more suitable for drifting.
GT2 is the only game I still play, because it is amazing.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I'm wondering why the Lantis, which is not drifting at all, is put in a drift compilation video. Seems a bit strange when I first saw it.

The R34 could use some suspension work, yeah. But it's still pretty amazing to see it doing full-blown drifts. Well done 👍

The Camaro looked really close because of the overhead cam. The Tommy doesn't seem that close, but that may be due to the angle.

I agree with you on the RM. There's no substitute for lightweight and rigid body for a highly manoeuvrable sport like drifting.

loulou, could I make a request for your next vid? :) How about drifting an '82 Toyota Starlet at Tahiti? Try to get the "jetliner silver" (green!) one, too, if you can. I've always had a soft spot for that car. It was my very first GT2 car in the Tahiti Sunday Cup you see.

Watching this vid reminds me of 3 things: how good GT2's graphics still is, how amazing RMs used to look and the cheesiness of patchwork quilt style spectators :dopey: (yet people still complain about 2D animated spectators in GT5)

Off-topic now, but I'm noticing people find reason to complain about anything in GT5, totally forgetting about how far gaming and graphics have come along. I've seen people complaining about the grass in GT5; the fact that it sways to and fro as wind affects it. :dunce: Then they turn around and start complaining that their favorite car isn't Premium...as if PD hasn't done enough work getting every little detail into the interiors of Premium cars just so. Grrr....sorry for the rant.

Back