GT3 is just a GAME!

  • Thread starter Thread starter gillt\/\/ill3
  • 121 comments
  • 3,678 views
Messages
20
I talk to people on the boards and they get all mad when I start talking MEAN:eek: This is a site where you should be able to share your thoughts with other racers but they are to many sensitive eyes out there. Hey if you dont like it dont read it! ITs justa game and just a site.:(
 
eh?
and where did this come from?

as long as you dont bag anyone specifically out or use language that offends then there is no real problem.
just follow the rules of the forum.....

but anyhow, whats this all about?
 
its mostly about people who take certain remarks to seriously and take the game to seriously
 
fair enuff....
I havent seen these "certain remarks" and have no idea what you are talking bout.
do you have links?

you know its human nature to retaliate when sum1 pokes fun at them or puts them down... you cant expect ppl to just sit there and take it.
:/
 
You are right. GT3 is just a game. As far as I know we all take it that way.

But when you post stuff like

you all are fools there is no reason for not having the cote azur crap in 2 player but it isnt because its too narrow because i dont know about you guys but i did an endurance race there that took almost a year so you are all idiots

You are going to be told to behave yourself.

On the one hand it may not be necessary for people to over react to stuff like this. But it is also not necessary for you to post it.

If you don't agree with someone then say so but don't attack them.

This is not the abuse forum so keep that stuff to yourself.
 
Well remarks that are taken seriously by one are ignored... however, remarks that are taken too seriously by many are often not being taken too serious and infact are worthy of the attention.

Most often in these cases there is an individual event that causes an over reaction.

For the most part people here are reasonable and your pressence will be accepted as long as you can understand the simple concept that, your rights end where other peoples begin.

Plus, everyone knows this is just a game.
 
here is another example.

Also look at post #19. I assume this is where I got the quote from.

I now remember how far you went mr gill....

Post quality stuff and you will be accepted. nuff said.
 
ah there you go... after reading gumpys quote, I'd have to say you prolly deserve it.

Important safety tip: dont call ppl idiot! athey dont like it.
 
Originally posted by gillt\/\/ill3
OK everyone this is now the ABUSE post.
I think we are being reasonably mature about it myself.
 
Yeah GT3 is cool.

I am normally a piker ie I don't finish games.

eg with Soldier of Fortune on the PC I got up to the last stage and did not beat the quick dude at the end. I tried about 3 times but then quit with unfinished business.

Somehow GT3 kept me going. I found the S licence hard but eventually got it.

I am now determined to not let those Vitz get on top of me.

Even though it is just a game it can get very addictive though even to unhealthy proportions.

I had to come to work early this morning so had decided to go to bed early last night having finished 4 races in the Polyphony Digital Cup. I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about the game so I got up. Did 3 more races and needed to qualify for the next one to guarantee the win and then restarted about 10 times to get the all black Polyphony 001.
 
THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED BECAUSE THE USER IS VIOLATING EVERY POSSIBLE RULE IN THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY.
that's all i found at 19 lol
and yes, we are being VERY reasonably mature ^_^
 
Originally posted by gillt\/\/ill3
im sorry thats sad that you cant sleep because of gt3
He likes the game, so what? Whats wrong with liking a game?
 
Originally posted by gillt\/\/ill3
im sorry thats sad that you cant sleep because of gt3

I totally agree with you. It is no different than tobacco or alcohol addiction. I should be 100% soon though hopefully that may ease the addiction a little.
 
hey did i say there was anything wrong with liking a game but when a game takes over your sleeping habits that is out of hand and unhealthy
 
... I have dreams about it....
shh! dont tell anyone! :O
 
Originally posted by Cobraboy
He likes the game, so what? Whats wrong with liking a game?

On the one hand I also agree with you Cobraboy but when you are 32, 4 kids and have a job that requires concentration playing until 1am on a weeknight can cause a few probs in your life.
 
i don't play it much anymore, just give advice here and there.
 
Originally posted by TingBoy
i don't really play it anymore, just give advice here and there. wut gave u the idea i play GT3 til morn?

Its me that plays it till all hours. This is quite an active thread at the moment so our replies are being separated from the original post.
 
wait wait, everyone's posting soo damn fast lol ......
ignore this post...
 
Originally posted by gumpy
On the one hand I also agree with you Cobraboy but when you are 32, 4 kids and have a job that requires concentration playing until 1am on a weeknight can cause a few probs in your life.

Well now that you put it that way I can understand...
 
Originally posted by gumpy
On the one hand I also agree with you Cobraboy but when you are 32, 4 kids and have a job that requires concentration playing until 1am on a weeknight can cause a few probs in your life.

its only a problem when the kids wanna play it too....

myns a girl so she doesnt like the game :D
 
I have a 13 year old step son who still likes Mario on the Nintendo 64 plus a few PC games. Woohoo.

A 12 year old step daughter who loves the PS2 not GT3 though. Therefore I can't normally start until 8.30pm. Boohoo. She likes Spiderman (PS2 game) and Spyro (PS1 game).

A 2 year old son who demands I drive a red car and he will use the other controller upside down and stand right in front of the TV. Baahaa.

A 1 year old daughter who loves the cord and basically getting in the way and climbing up the couch. :mad:

At night when all are in bed including my wife I slide the armchair over and relax.
 
lol
just my wife and 12 yo daughter. niether of them much into games, tho my daughter sometimes plays crash bandicoot. there is one TV so i can only play when my daughter is in bed, and my wife is either on the net (rarely) or asleep, and she generally like me to go to bed at the same time as her.
I play in the mornings when i am up b4 every1 else for about 30 - 45 mins. :)

if they happen to be up when i am playing they make sure they walk in front of the tv!! :lol:
slap em one i will :p
 
Originally posted by ving
and she generally like me to go to bed at the same time as her.

What is it with wives setting our bed time. It is ok for them to stay up watching their favorite tv show and we go to bed early but the other way around and its see you in divorce court.
 
:lol: o god, now i can't wait to be married....:odd:
still got 8+ years ^_^
 
Back