GT3 Steering Settings & Counter Steer Findings w/ Wheel

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 3' started by GNR1987, Oct 6, 2016.

1. GNR1987

GNR1987

Hello all,

Rather than digging up the old threads linked below, I thought I'd post my findings here in a new thread for those having the same problem.

It seems you cannot counter steer with a wheel in GT3 if you're running the simulation steering setting.

The fix is simple: change the steering setting from simulation to professional. :)

I kept loosing the rear in arcade mode over the fast left-right-left transition of Trial Mountain's turns 1, 2 & 3. At full lock, the car simply wouldn't come around. So I started watching the replay and noticed there wasn't any opposite steering angle. So naturally, I started playing around and found that to be exactly the case.

If you don't believe me, try it yourself:

Use exterior view, look backwards, take a corner, tap the e-brake, and try to counter steer.
    With a controller it works fine.
    With a wheel, it simply won't counter steer until your speed slows way down and you've effectively spun to a stop.
    On the professional setting however, I was able to over-correct and initiate snap-back oversteer.

Hope this helps anyone who has been dealing with the same issue. :cheers:

Sidenote: I tested in both arcade and simulation mode. I also used both a DFGT and an original Logitech Driving Force (not the DFP, but the older 180 degree one that looks like the Logitech Wingman).

Old Threads:
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt3-steering-error-how-can-i-eliminate-this.21189/
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cant-countersteer-at-all.210127/

2. Tina Branford

Tina Branford (Banned)

I know this is old but man this will come in handy. I have been playing on simulation with the wheel and wondered why counter steering was impossible so that's all I need to do eh.

Your amazing thanks!!

GNR1987 likes this.