GT4 being held back agian

Messages
1,193
i'm not sure on the details, but i think they had some sort of conflict about the online play. so there not goin to be able to release GT4 on dec. dat all my friend told me. me works at gamestop.

I'm not sure about this so if anyone want to prove me wrong plz bemy guest, i'm just telling u guys wut i heard
 
ohoho.

run for the hills.

people are going to type mean words and direct them at you.
 
Let me start. Old News. ( He is not reflective of the Gt3 Drift Forum) I'll go back to sleep 👍
 
Welcome to last month. Enjoy your stay.
 
*puts an L on your forehead*

YOU GOT SERVED....can this be locked now?
 
It´s fun to watch people getting flamed. :p
 
since this is already a double post:

i went to EB a couple days ago (to pick up Armored Core: Nexus) and asked about GT4. I was told to my shock and horror (probably because i don't venture into this forum at all) that you will have to have the hardrive for the PS2, and there is NO online play. and, reading about this new points system, well, i might just not get it......
 
you don't need the HDD, last thing I heard.

That would be commercial suicide on Sony's part.
 
okay, well this was maybe last thursday. the guy told me this. Yeah, that shocked me, and did seem really dumb on sony's part. Ok, i just read John's post in his thread, so there isn't any online play. okay, well that sucks. but i'd like someone to confirm this Harddrive issue....
 
87chevy
okay, well this was maybe last thursday. the guy told me this. So there is no online play then???

not yet. That's what they say at least.

I suggest you digest this news off the boards, as voicing your opinion about the "tragedy" will only get a bunch of dipsticks mad at you.
 
kinigitt
I suggest you digest this news off the boards, as voicing your opinion about the "tragedy" will only get a bunch of dipsticks mad at you.

ah, okay. Yes I have seen how.... emotional... some people get in this forum. quite sad really. Whats worse, this forum or the Drifter forum?
 
I don't know, since I never ever post in the drifter forum.

If you like drifting, then I don't see why that board would be any worse than this one.
 
Let's not start stereotyping people because of their tastes now people...
 
i don't drift. I was actually just seeing if i could get someone riled up. I stay in the Opinions forum mostly, and i've found some people really look down on the drifters forum. like it's just a bunch of 12yr olds hollering 'Yo Mamma' jokes at eachother or something...


ON TOPIC: i'd like to get a difinitive answer on the Hard Drive thing. Electronics Botique(sp?) told me it was required as of last thursday....
 
87chevy
ON TOPIC: i'd like to get a difinitive answer on the Hard Drive thing. Electronics Botique(sp?) told me it was required as of last thursday....
Not required don´t worry.
 
NEVER trust anything that people from EB or Gamestop tell you. NEVER. They have no Idea what they're talking about... I only trust info That I get from Sony themselves,
 
Good point. These people work in a store, that's all. Might as well ask the gas station attendant, they'd probably have the same information.

Hard drive is NOT required. NO online. All OLD news.

There's no concievable reason to require a hard drive. The only thing I can possibly think of, now that I sit and ponder it, is that when GT4 goes online next year, it could be a downloadable thing. I mean, everyone who currently owns a network adapter has a hard drive, yes? Since they come in the same nifty box and all. What if the online portion of the game is actually a downloadable thing, when it's ready?
 
Jedi2016
Good point. These people work in a store, that's all. Might as well ask the gas station attendant, they'd probably have the same information.

Hard drive is NOT required. NO online. All OLD news.

There's no concievable reason to require a hard drive. The only thing I can possibly think of, now that I sit and ponder it, is that when GT4 goes online next year, it could be a downloadable thing. I mean, everyone who currently owns a network adapter has a hard drive, yes? Since they come in the same nifty box and all. What if the online portion of the game is actually a downloadable thing, when it's ready?

Since when does the network adapter come with the HDD? the only way I can buy it is with stupid FFXI, which I have no interest in playing.
 
The FFXI bundle comes with the HDD and network adapter. You can buy the network adapter separately. The only way to buy the official Sony HDD right now is from the FFXI bundle, but you can buy any IDE HDD and it will work with the PS2. You must have the network adapter to use the HDD with your PS2.
 
Viper Zero
The FFXI bundle comes with the HDD and network adapter. You can buy the network adapter separately. The only way to buy the official Sony HDD right now is from the FFXI bundle, but you can buy any IDE HDD and it will work with the PS2. You must have the network adapter to use the HDD with your PS2.


IDE?
 
Ya.

Any IDE HDD (40GB and above) will work.
 
You didn't know?

Check out the HDLoader thread in the PS2 forum.
 
Just click over to the PS2 forum. You don't need a link.
 
Back