GT4 Drift Tuning Competition week 1, results up tonight!

next car to tune?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the permission of Swift i have been allowed to start this competition if there is enough interest. This is basically the same as the one run by Duck, only the car must be set up to drift.
is anyone interested?
if anyone is please let me know what things you guys would like to judge/be judged on. also any suggestions are very welcome.
Criteria
so far i have:
1. starting drift, is it difficult to start it?
2. mid drift response, is it very under/oversteery?
3. exiting the drift, does the car snap back too badly?
4. straight line handling, is it twitchy?

The car: Mitsubishi Evo 8 GSR
The track: Special Stage Route 5. i suggest you tune it here as this is where the judges will be testing.

the scoring system works in pretty much the same way as the ordinary settings competition, the judges will rate each of the criteria out of 10, then there will be a total score at the end. Competitors are required to pm me with their settings, along with all parts installed on the car, tyre choice is unlimited, you can choose which ones you like. if the the judges could post a short conclusion about the car that would be excellent, talk about problems and then if there is a solution please write it down. Judges please pm me with your scores. A slight change from the orginal tuning comp, the judges should try out the settings given to them, but if they want they can fiddle with them. judges, if you do change settings, please put that in the conclusion.the winner is the tuner who gets the highest score. the winner of each competition will get to choose the next car to be used.Judges can also take photos if they want, for demonstrative purposes, i.e showing problem areas.

there will be 5 judges and 5 competitors, judges will test all of the settings that are submitted.
Judges:
Ske
Drift2XS
Fat Boy Drifter
~Drift King~
TBA

Competitors:
Boundary Layer
nightkids4ever
slider-s15
George Morley
TBA

IM IN! (as entrant)

Question: Which track are we tuning for?
Suggestion: You should suggest a track to tune for - it does matter.

edit: yeh, you got it ;)

Its a good idea, but i have a couple papers for school that i need to do, but i could help out with testing them if needed.

Also, shouldnt this be put in the Drift Competition Sub-Forum.
👍

I was doing as i was told, but it will probably be moved, it was put here to attract attention.
~Drift King~, should i put you down as a judge then?

Suggestion: It might be helpful to the head judge (presumably yourself, Ev0) if you set some sort of weighting and marking scheme for each question, or for the overall reaction to the setup.

It doesnt necessarily need to be a numerical scheme, but something needs to be there to make sure you get consistent feedback from the judges in an expected manner.

👍

i'll try judging in later comps cus im in the formula gt championship right now!:dopey: could i be in for a judge for later comps tho?

OK that's something i've forgotten to add in from the concept idea, thanks for the reminder!

And that's why I wanted to get this kind of thread going first before we jumped in :) It's working out just fine.

thanks Swift it's with your help this has come together. if you guys don't hear back from me assume i'm either dead or (most probably) asleep, i got school tomorrow and it's 10pm here.

Are you qualified to judge, sir? :sly:

->Requirements<-

1. Must be nominated by GTP community members.
2. Must be an established GTP member for more than half a year.
3. Must have a drift video and/or display an adequate knowledge of drifting.
4. Must be able to communicate with other judges and handle events.

I was actually nominated by someone last time the judge seats were up for voting, assuming this competition uses the GTPDC/GTPC panel. As for the last two, I'll leave answering those up to you ;)

I'm happy to enter as a contestant as well, though I'd love to judge something like this!

Ske
I was actually nominated by someone last time the judge seats were up for voting, assuming this competition uses the GTPDC/GTPC panel. As for the last two, I'll leave answering those up to you ;)

I'm happy to enter as a contestant as well, though I'd love to judge something like this!

Man...just go with the joke bud! :dunce:

I no yous gots da nolege two bee a juge. :dopey:

This seems like GTPDC but with the tuning part. It seems like a Settings challenge, if so I am in

Nice comp idea Ev0. Don't know how well I would go in it though, not the best at setting up cars. Most of the time I leave them stock. :)

I might give it a try when it is up and running though. 👍

Drift2XS,you could be a Judge if you don't want to make your own setup.
Fat Boy Drifter, you can judge aswell if you want, i'm considering making more judges places, people seem quite interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back