GT4 General Discussion and Questions

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 3,640 comments
I think they should get rid of the Daimler motor wagon. Its uslesless and I cant clim hills. Should have a Ferrari in it too. 👍

double-facepalm.jpg

Well, you're 6 years late, and in this case the phrase, "It's better late than never" doesn't apply.

Plus, there's just a crapload of spelling mistakes there.

Last edited:
I will write it here too, cause I don't know if someone actually checks Topics in GT4 Section:

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my bad English. I will try to ask my question clear and straight:

Some time ago, there was a "Gran Turismo 4" (or Gran Turismo 4: Prologue) pack (RAR Archive) which contained some items (graphics etc.) from Gran Turismo. There was, for example, that car pictures in hi-res:
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/03...ic3_inline.jpg
I EXTREMALY need that archive - not all of it, just all car pictures, as showed in link. If anyone knows, where can I download it (I had it long time ago, but now, after some computer crashes... you know) I will be very pleased if He/She send me a link/pack.

Thanks, BelegU$

Just a little Easter Egg. On the side of the Pagani Zonda LM race car, there are two "Italian" names listed. They are T. Tejima and Y. Yasuhara. These are actually PD Programmers Takeshi Tejima and Yuji Yasuhara. :P If you want a pic of the names there one in my gallery.

Question: What does the game mean by 'unmodified cars only'? Does it mean no race carsor concepts? Or does it mean no modifications to your car?

Question: What does the game mean by 'unmodified cars only'? Does it mean no race carsor concepts? Or does it mean no modifications to your car?

It means you can't bring either tuned cars (e.g. the Spoon Civic or the Mine's Skyline, but it doesn't include a production car that you modified) or racing cars (e.g. the Xanavi Skyline or the Takata NSX).

I'm trying to finish the game in under 800 days. I've found out that putting a spoiler on your car takes up 1 game day. So im trying not to waste game days.

understood, but what if you put a spoiler on your 'road legal' car? Will it still be unmodified?

Dan360
I'm trying to finish the game in under 800 days. I've found out that putting a spoiler on your car takes up 1 game day. So I'm trying not to waste game days.

Welcome to the hunt Dan360!

I think what Austin343 was wondering, was why couldn't you have tested the installation of the wing yourself?

If the wing installation costs a game day, or precludes your car's entry into a race, the game will let you know (the game day counter will advance (and you will get a diary entry) or the race requirements will flash red).

All you would need to do is a console reset before saving your game. Console resets are your friends! I am assuming that you have the game options set so game saves only occur when you change cars or when you specifically click on the save button.

I ran into this issue in my 1st of June Society game since I had installed a wing on the Opel Speedster for the Speedster Cup Race Series. However, its not necessary to have a wing to win these races, so I skipped the wing for my current game.

Good luck with your 800 day game.
Respectfully,
GTsail

Last edited:
I am new to the boards so I can not start a thread. I want to post this up for others that have then Fanetec wheels. I looked and looked at multiple sites on how to get the Fanetec wheels to work with the PS2. I never found anything.

So here is how you do it. Start your PS3 and get the Fanantec wheel into PS3 mode. I have a 911s so it is a couple of buttons to push to sinc it up to the PS3. Once you get the lights of the playstation just unplug it and plug it into your PS2. It all works great.

Hope these helps people out until we can get gt5.

What a beast of a simulator. I can only imagine one of the GT's becoming like this, where you go out and buy a PS5? And it's just a big bulky simulator thing. :lol:

I am new to the boards so I can not start a thread. I want to post this up for others that have then Fanetec wheels. I looked and looked at multiple sites on how to get the Fanetec wheels to work with the PS2. I never found anything.

So here is how you do it. Start your PS3 and get the Fanantec wheel into PS3 mode. I have a 911s so it is a couple of buttons to push to sinc it up to the PS3. Once you get the lights of the playstation just unplug it and plug it into your PS2. It all works great.

Hope these helps people out until we can get gt5.

You don't even need to do that. Just plug it into the PS2 using the USB cable. turn on the ps2 then turn on the wheel and switch to playstation mode. Works fine.

I was wondering, does every European copy of GT4 have the same intro song, because the intro song on my disc is the japanese version :confused:

Doesn't the European intro feature Kasabian?

I just got this game and am intrigued by the photomode- and I was wondering how do you save your photos to a removable storage device? I inserted my USB drive but it didn't save it. Could it be because I have an older PS2? Its not a slim version.

I just got this game and am intrigued by the photomode- and I was wondering how do you save your photos to a removable storage device? I inserted my USB drive but it didn't save it. Could it be because I have an older PS2? Its not a slim version.

There's nothing wrong with your console. Perhaps your USB drive is in NTFS format as it needs to be in FAT32 as I recalled...

That's what it is, I'll go reformat it and see. Thanks for the reply. I wanted to copy it and print it out poster-size because I love the Lancer Evo. II, I bought. It was a steal for $9000.

Just wondering: Which car(s) can the AYC Controller and/or Displacement UP be equipped to? I haven't found one yet. Thanks.

Last edited:
The Nissan Skyline can have its displacement increased and equip a AYC Controller as it is a 4WD vehicle. Almost all 4WD vehicles can have this equipped.

Just wondering: Which car(s) can the AYC Controller and/or Displacement UP be equipped to? I haven't found one yet. Thanks.

The AYC controller is a Mitsubishi invention and is only available to Lancer Evolution GSR's I think. It works great by the way. :)

Displacement UP, I've used a couple of times but I don't remember who got them and why.

The Nissan Skyline can have its displacement increased and equip a AYC Controller as it is a 4WD vehicle. Almost all 4WD vehicles can have this equipped.

Your thinking of the VCD (Variable Center Differential)

Last edited:
This is a general discussion thread for all Gran Turismo 4 anticipants.

I want customized second hand car lots. Something like Eddy's Exotics or Bargains by Barry.

I think that that would be cool instead of just "used car lot 1" Or "used Car lot 2" 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

The AYC controller is a Mitsubishi invention and is only available to Lancer Evolution GSR's I think. I works great by the way. :)

Displacement UP, I've used a couple of times but I don't remember who got them and why.

Your thinking of the VCD (Variable Center Differential)

This is avalible to all 4WD cars.

Back