GT4-HAVE I FOUND A NEW EASTER EGG ?

• Thread starter PS2 GT4
  • 37 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue that Easter eggs are deliberately placed by the developers (think of hiding the eggs for the kids' Easter egg hunt). So if it's unintentional it's not an Easter egg. It also shouldn't be obvious; you have to look in the rear view mirror to see the monkey on Trial Mountain, for instance, so that to me qualifies as an Easter egg. Basically if you have to go out of your way to find it, and it was put there on purpose, then it's an Easter egg.

I kinda suspect something after blowing up the escalator people and heading back over there to watch... Ya might wanna go to Hong Kong, stay at that corner, and watch for a awhile. You might notice briefly, cause all are moving up and down, that their seems to be two girls in the same kinda dressed colors when all the other moving people mostly have that cardboard effect so to speak. As I look closer, I'm starting to wonder if they are the same two girls at the pool that just happen to be shopping, for who knows, maybe bathing suits lol.

Also very true Bob...The girls at the pool absolutely are as "hidden" as it gets without any doubt. If they are not Easter Eggs, then imho nothing is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, going back to other Easter Eggs...

I just felt I needed to add a comment about determining what qualifies as a Easter Egg, specifically in GT4. I've done my research on the net from many various sources and sites and have seen various descriptions of what qualifies and what does not. Opinions vary and I'm no expert, and I don't profess to be, as this is just one man's opinion...

I feel that a Easter Egg in GT4 should be considered any rare or should I say oddity that appears in the game which is not inherent to the games actual function. It could be a joke, an error, a rare point of interest, or just simply any rare graphic insertion or rare point of interest, intentional or not, that would be in general not appearing in the games normal venue. It just seems to me that there is no basic rule, and many various sites qualify an Easter Egg for many various reasons, while some others do not. I mean what actually qualifies one over another ? Why is smoke in the mountains for example any different than, as BobK has brought to my attention, the girls by the pool, considering I can't find any other women or girls in the spectators various areas anywhere. Or... what makes the Big Tree anymore interesting as a qualified Easter Egg versus my discovery of the moving escalator with people moving on it up and down inside the building when I can't find it anywhere else as far as I know in the game or any instance of odd movements inside any of the buildings in the game. Personally, and certainly some will disagree, which is fine, but I think the the following are Easter Eggs...

Number one imho is-THE GIRLS BY THE POOL, but I also think the following are Easter Eggs as well...
( Note- I realize "some" are repeats and are well know to most and are already acknowledged for many years as Easter Eggs )
THE SMOKE IN THE MOUNTAINS
THE BIG TREE
THE DEAD OVERHANGING TREE AND MONKEY
THE TWO FISHERMEN ON THE BOAT & NEAR THE LOCH NESS MONSTER
THE NIKE ONE MORRIS CODE
FIGHTER PLANES WITH RED,WHITE, & BLUE SMOKE COMING OUT
PRODUCER'S AUTOGRAPH ON LICENSES

and mine... THE MOVING ESCALATOR AND PEOPLE

Not sure about this one though and can't confirm yet as I haven't tried it actually...
Pull a flipover in your Skyline R34 and underneath it will appear to be a die cast toy car undercarriage.

Any other Easter Eggs, or rare points of interest that might qualify,or that should be viewed that I might have missed, feel free to list.

EDIT ADDED: PS to BobK... Thanks Again for pointing out there are in fact women in GT4... Also Bob... I noticed, I think at one time, you had what appears to be a very nice oil painting of the GT4 Spec II. Was fabulous-Love it ! :cheers:
What's the Nike Morris Code? I'm still in the early stages of GT4.

@GTE4everyone
1755438-nike_one___morse_code.jpg

Apparently, the Nike One 2022 has a few words in morse code on it's sides. I thought they were just design lines, but it does make sense when you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back