GT4-HAVE I FOUND A NEW EASTER EGG ?

• Thread starter PS2 GT4
  • 37 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
Well, thought I'd pass this on...

Most of us GT4 lovers already have known for a long time, through the many previous posts around the internet, of Easter Eggs known as...
The Smoke In The Mountains
The Big Tree
The Nike Morris Code

Since completing the game I've been touring various courses and tracks of recent and exploring for newly undiscovered or unclaimed Easter Eggs. Through my research I have been unable to find anything on this possible new one that I discovered today...

So here it is, and I'll lay claim to it in the event it has never been mentioned before anywhere, at least that I can find...

Go to the city courses...
Then go to Hong Kong Normal...
Drive to the big curve just a bit before the city strip and STOP about 1/2 way in the curve...
Locate the close to the curve big building with the glass front...

Now-Look inside the building you will see an escalator there with many people actually moving up and down the escalator inside the building... Pretty cool...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys... I wasn't sure if it was an egg or not hence I made it a question. I had thought that it might be a joke cause of the "shopping and merchandise aspect" being that it is Hong Kong. Anyway, it was a fun find as all the windows I've looked in going super slow to this point have basically been vacant.
Now, here's one odd thing that I don't think has ever been brought up before... What I also discovered in driving around very slowly, looking closely at various things on the courses, I noticed that with all the thousands of people and spectators that line the streets etc (like in the George V Paris for example)... There seems to be "NO WOMEN" spectators anywhere, only men !
:confused::lol:

Now, here's one odd thing that I don't think has ever been brought up before... What I also discovered in driving around very slowly, looking closely at various things on the courses, I noticed that with all the thousands of people and spectators that line the streets etc (like in the George V Paris for example)... There seems to be "NO WOMEN" spectators anywhere, only men ! I guess they didn't want us getting distracted while driving...
:lol:
What about the chicks in the swimming pool at Monaco?

Now that's what I'd call an new Easter Egg. Gonna drive Monaco and check 'em out. 👍

I have a screenshot or two somewhere... I'll do some rummaging and see if I can find them. But it goes to show that there are indeed woman spectators in the game.

It's a little difficult to find, as I recall you have to go three quarters of the way through the chicane around the pool and set up the camera view so it's looking back over your right shoulder. I believe instructions have been posted somewhere in the GT4 section.

I did find a photo on the net from another site and there are two girls in it, and one appears to be topless, but it's foggy, but I'll be darned...I've driven all over the Cort d azure and I can't find the swimming pool even. I'm guessing, in the chicane, I see what appears to me to be a tall cement type diving board area, but if that's it, I can't seem to camera around even thru replays to see the pool or girls there...

See if this helps find it; it's a screen shot I took.

img0017.jpg

This post has a map of the track; the left-right, right-left near the end of the lap goes around the swimming pool.

Great Pic BobK and Thanks ! ... Now I know where to start looking via different camera angles. 👍

EDIT ADDED... Yippie...Found 'em :eek:

19_zpsroflzdkq.jpg

Anyway, going back to other Easter Eggs...

I just felt I needed to add a comment about determining what qualifies as a Easter Egg, specifically in GT4. I've done my research on the net from many various sources and sites and have seen various descriptions of what qualifies and what does not. Opinions vary and I'm no expert, and I don't profess to be, as this is just one man's opinion...

I feel that a Easter Egg in GT4 should be considered any rare or should I say oddity that appears in the game which is not inherent to the games actual function. It could be a joke, an error, a rare point of interest, or just simply any rare graphic insertion or rare point of interest, intentional or not, that would be in general not appearing in the games normal venue. It just seems to me that there is no basic rule, and many various sites qualify an Easter Egg for many various reasons, while some others do not. I mean what actually qualifies one over another ? Why is smoke in the mountains for example any different than, as BobK has brought to my attention, the girls by the pool, considering I can't find any other women or girls in the spectators various areas anywhere. Or... what makes the Big Tree anymore interesting as a qualified Easter Egg versus my discovery of the moving escalator with people moving on it up and down inside the building when I can't find it anywhere else as far as I know in the game or any instance of odd movements inside any of the buildings in the game. Personally, and certainly some will disagree, which is fine, but I think the the following are Easter Eggs...

Number one imho is-THE GIRLS BY THE POOL, but I also think the following are Easter Eggs as well...
( Note- I realize "some" are repeats and are well know to most and are already acknowledged for many years as Easter Eggs )
THE SMOKE IN THE MOUNTAINS
THE BIG TREE
THE DEAD OVERHANGING TREE AND MONKEY
THE TWO FISHERMEN ON THE BOAT & NEAR THE LOCH NESS MONSTER
THE NIKE ONE MORRIS CODE
FIGHTER PLANES WITH RED,WHITE, & BLUE SMOKE COMING OUT
PRODUCER'S AUTOGRAPH ON LICENSES

and mine... THE MOVING ESCALATOR AND PEOPLE

Not sure about this one though and can't confirm yet as I haven't tried it actually...
Pull a flipover in your Skyline R34 and underneath it will appear to be a die cast toy car undercarriage.

Any other Easter Eggs, or rare points of interest that might qualify,or that should be viewed that I might have missed, feel free to list.

EDIT ADDED: PS to BobK... Thanks Again for pointing out there are in fact women in GT4... Also Bob... I noticed, I think at one time, you had what appears to be a very nice oil painting of the GT4 Spec II. Was fabulous-Love it ! :cheers:

Not sure about this one though and can't confirm yet as I haven't tried it actually...
Pull a flipover in your Skyline R34 and underneath it will appear to be a die cast toy car undercarriage.

That's in GT5, you can't flip cars in GT4. the physics don't handle it.

Is it me, but doesn't whatever's at the left of the girl on her belly look like a stylized car? I can't see anything else now that I hink it looks like a car ^^'

Thanks submaniac for clarifing the Skyline R34 thing...saved me a ton of time trying to flip it over to check it out lol ! Anyway, wow on the car on the blanket thing... gonna take a good hard look at it if I can get it focused better... Initially, I thought it was clothes or something like that, but since you mentioned it, it does kinda look like a car of some sort. On the roof it has what seems to be that pace car light thing going on but I'm not sure....

You're welcome ^^

And yeah I think it's gotta be clothes, 'cause it would make sense, but I keep seeing some kind of Viper with pace car lights. x)

You're welcome ^^

And yeah I think it's gotta be clothes, 'cause it would make sense, but I keep seeing some kind of Viper with pace car lights. x)

got viper pace car? i only have the R34 though. Luckily the r34 can drift happily after fully tuned except the LSD. xD

Just another thought... 💡 I think I'm gonna concentrate my efforts trying to find the "undiscovered" in the snow and dirt, cause my guess is, that it's probably one of the most overlooked of most of the areas. I have a gut feeling something might be lurking there... Who knows, maybe I'll find people on skies or even the abominable snowman... :eek:

Sorry Bob, I must be mistaken. It must have been a photo of someone else's that I saw... It was very cool though...

got viper pace car? i only have the R34 though. Luckily the r34 can drift happily after fully tuned except the LSD. xD

I'm not talking about a car that would be in GT4 ^^ Obviously there's only the R34 Pace Car in GT, but yeah.

Maybe we should call them all "Surprising Points Of Interest", or whatever ya wanna call 'em...
Birthday or Christmas presents would be fine with me too. I like all of 'em and will continue my search for more... Another one of my favs to visit...

22_zpsr4sfcfzc.jpg

Yup, pretty neat that they included the planes flying by when starting the 24hours. It is when starting the 24 hours, am I right? I forget.. anyway, you had the F1GT, of COURSE you could've caught up with them :P

Yep... Actually, I'm sure I could have caught 'em, certainly by the second lap anyway, but they just lapped and passed by me again, cause I'm waiting here and hoping for the jets to come back the other way... Oh well I got 24 hours to catch em... :lol:

Thanks BobK... Gonna follow up on some of those leads for sure... My grandson and I are going around various spots today and taking photos of all these points of interest for our personal photo lab and we'll try and share them over time as we complete... There is certainly much to see and much to learn, even for those of us that have played the game on and off for over a decade trying to complete it. Just maybe someone will even find a new discovery in the near future...

EDIT ADDED:

Anyway here's my photo of the reason that I started this thread originally, and it's my claim to the GT4 Hall Of Fame. I dub thee... "The Moving Escalator People Of Hong Kong" It also seems I discovered more women as well in the game.

20_zpsij0iqequ.jpg

Speaking of Easter Eggs... Y'all have a Safe and Happy Easter Holiday. Oh... This weekend I couldn't find any further New Easter Eggs for y'all, so I parked my GT outside and headed up to my hotel room for the evening. I can't remember if I left my lights on though, so I probably should go back down and check, but I'm to tired and I can always do it it the morning. Gee...I hope I don't miss anything while I'm asleep tonight...

1.4_zps5bfdq3be.jpg

Hey... I'm doing a super duper consolidated new video with all which I'll be posting in the future in the video and photo section... BUT... I just noticed something about the "pool girls"... While working on this new video I'm do'n, I noticed that the probable topless girl is also WEARING NYLONS (see middle of her thigh) and what appears also to be a GARTER BELT !

Well GTPorsche, everyone is entitled to their respective opinions and thanks for posting, however, you mentioned that in the whole thread you fail to see how "any" of what is in this thread qualifies as a easter egg. With that said, I do fail to see how you can see the "Pool Girls" as anything but as a obvious Easter Egg. I don't know who the authority is on Easter Eggs in general and who the author of the exact definition of the term is, if it even exists. I do seriously doubt it is anything more than others opinions over time with only maybe of course certain inside info from a producer of a particular game. So, imho, I'm gonna stand on what I previously originally posted about what I perceive as Easter Eggs as follows...

Some will disagree about what is a Easter Egg and what is not, which is absolutely ok. But imho a Easter Egg does NOT have to be just a joke only to qualify. I feel that a Easter Egg should be considered any rare, or should I say odd or unusually different circumstance, that appears in a game which is not inherent to the games actual function or that is essentially rare in findings. It could be a joke, a surprise, an error, a rare point of interest, or just simply any rare graphic insertion or rare point of interest, intentional or not, that would be in general not appearing in the games normal other venues. It just seems to me that there is no basic rule. Many various websites qualify Easter Eggs for many certain reasons, while in reality some others do not. I mean what actually qualifies one over another ? Personally, and again, I'm sure some will disagree, which is fine, but I think all the above qualify in some form as Easter Eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back