GT4 Hybrid Applications by teknogeek1300

• Thread starter teknogeek
  • 239 comments
Sorry for the stupid question, but what do I put at the end of the engine codes?
They seem too short.
For example,
05 mustang with the Saleen S7 (Setup A) engine :10A1F808 06A3----
What would I put to make that combo work?
Would the same 4 digits have to be put in the trans as well?

my late chime in, yeah tekno beat me to it tho.

I usually use 10xxxxxx for codes that require something like 0663 (2 bytes),
if I'm using just one byte (like FF or 03, etc...) I'll use a 00xxxxxx,
for codes that require 4 bytes (1A2B3C4D) I'll use the 20xxxxxx codes.
Since engines are 2 bytes, I shortened the codes to ABCD formats for parts.
Hope that helps.

PS. Some people use 20xxxxxx for engines too, it'll be:
20A1F808 000006A3
I shorten it to
10A1F808 06A3, eliminate leading zeros and just put in 2 bytes. You can enter the code as 6A3 (I used to, but I switched so it looks more "proper" lol)

I'll double check and make sure it's not capped. Might be a load lag, but other than that, we should be good.

I noticed a slight lag when I used the engine list, not bad just a few seconds. Then again my machine is mercilessly overclocked w/ 4gb ram lol. Shouldn't be that bad for others I suppose, just a few second wait. And they're labled as well, so 7000+ lines wouldnt be as bad since we can just look for make, model and setup #.

PS. Are these new text files included in the download, or should I just grab 'em up now as they're generated?

PS. Are these new text files included in the download, or should I just grab 'em up now as they're generated?

sucahyo's most recent files he posted:
natune.rar (34.5 KB, 3 views)
supercharger.rar (3.7 KB, 2 views)
turbo.rar (42.5 KB, 3 views)

are not aligned properly and some are cut off. Waiting for an update from him. The chassis, drivetrain and LSD files he posted on the first page however are updated in the package.

sucahyo's most recent files he posted:
natune.rar (34.5 KB, 3 views)
supercharger.rar (3.7 KB, 2 views)
turbo.rar (42.5 KB, 3 views)

are not aligned properly and some are cut off. Waiting for an update from him. The chassis, drivetrain and LSD files he posted on the first page however are updated in the package.
Here is natune fix, but please test the code in other files too.

Attachments

• natune2.rar
    34.8 KB · Views: 31
I would be wonderfull if we have picture-hybrid catalog. I really want to make this but sadly I don't have PS2. My dream:

- garage side photo of all cars in GT4. resolution don't matter, even 640x480 from TV capture should be more than enough. This will make our chassis or rim selection easier. It would be very handy if the side picture include or atleast mention car color option or atleast the number of color available. we include any hybrid code ascociate with this car.

- photo of all rim with correct rim code
- photo of all wing with correct wing code

as far as I know, no one has this list. Even this forum car list is not that complete.

If you make an application like this, I think you would be the first. And I think it would be usefull for all GT4 fans :).

- photo of all rim with correct rim code
- photo of all wing with correct wing code

That is realistic. Has anyone "successfully" dumped GT4.vol?

Spoilers, I can get those going(graphic menu).

Rims will be a task. I can get a graphic list going for those. But only a select few for now.

As far as the actual car, with an add-on preview. Not sure how that would go. I think I'll stick with updating to a little more "GUI" interface for the next update.

UPDATED

GT4_Hybrid_Swaper_2_a15.zip, 10/31/07

-Added a live update/preview to Rims, and Spoilers.(Thanks to sucahyo for the idea)
-Added all spoilers in black.
-Removed "2nd line" codes for Spoilers and Rims.

Preview:

I'm out for a while! Off to ride for the peeps!

Cool 👍.

If you intend to include all the rim picture with the code it would be awesome too ! It is more than 700 !!!

I think the easy way to get rim picture even when someone has cracked .vol file is still by capturing it live. Remember that .vol only contain the 3d model and texture data of rims, body, tire, wings, etc. The should be no prerendered picture like in GT2.

Can you guys post the picture of your GT4 in pcsx2 screen? maybe using fraps or better?

I can only use software mode, so the quality is very bad:

I think if you guys using 3d mode, the quality should be very good. If there are any blur try using non shader mode.

I think the easy way to get rim picture even when someone has cracked .vol file is still by capturing it live. Remember that .vol only contain the 3d model and texture data of rims, body, tire, wings, etc. The should be no prerendered picture like in GT2.

Can you guys post the picture of your GT4 in pcsx2 screen? maybe using fraps or better?

I can only use software mode, so the quality is very bad:

I think if you guys using 3d mode, the quality should be very good. If there are any blur try using non shader mode.

Yeh. I'm a 3d modeler, so I know exactly what you mean. I was thinking in term of files for car setups, so we could get a complete list of rims, then PHAST them onto our cars for a preview. At that point I'm sure we'll have all the Chassis info too.

EDIT:

I've used a vol extractor on GT4 for converting from DVD9 to DVD5. But it was meant for strictly the GT4_1.vol(second layer video file). Tried it on the GT4_0.vol and it failed to extract anything legible and errored on me.

Yeh. I'm a 3d modeler, so I know exactly what you mean. I was thinking in term of files for car setups, so we could get a complete list of rims, then PHAST them onto our cars for a preview. At that point I'm sure we'll have all the Chassis info too.
What do you mean a complete list of the rim?

If you need more car data you can try to disassemble the file that I send you.

How bad is the picture of the rims in your pcsx2? Can't you just go to rims dealer, enter the phaste code and printscreen?

What do you mean a complete list of the rim?

If you need more car data you can try to disassemble the file that I send you.

How bad is the picture of the rims in your pcsx2? Can't you just go to rims dealer, enter the phaste code and printscreen?

Do you have a complete list of all the rims?

If we can figure out the way the day code works(if we have, that would help).

If we can get a complete list of all rims I think I can do it.

I have a 6800GT 256 MB. So I get decent shots of the wheels.

Do you have a complete list of all the rims?
What I publish is all the code from PAL ans US version. .

If we can figure out the way the day code works(if we have, that would help).
We have, here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93988

If we can get a complete list of all rims I think I can do it.
That would be great 👍.

I have a 6800GT 256 MB. So I get decent shots of the wheels.
Can you post it?

I don't know if we can freeze the car. But if you want to capture rims, isn't rim's dealer better?

Do you already have the code needed for rims (ntsc, ntsc2, pal)?

Even if Gt4 native resolution is 640x480, if we capture a 3d model I think higher resolution is better. Unless the graphic plugin just rescalling it. Try using other graphic plugin.

I don't know if we can freeze the car. But if you want to capture rims, isn't rim's dealer better?
Yes. But we can't PHAST a rim in and get a good shot of it in wheel shop.

Do you already have the code needed for rims (ntsc, ntsc2, pal)?
We will need all of the wheels converted to the correct format.

Even if Gt4 native resolution is 640x480, if we capture a 3d model I think higher resolution is better. Unless the graphic plugin just rescalling it. Try using other graphic plugin.

That's the best I have.

We will need all of the wheels converted to the correct format.

That's the best I have.

wow, thats hella progress in a few days. we'll all contribute to making a killer prog like Mk's gt3gedit, albeit in Phaste format, but very impressive nonetheless. Oh yeah, tekno... This Is SPARTAAAA!!!!!! lmao

-l8r

EDIT: Over the weekend, I'll see what I can get about some common car wheelbases (in metric format ofcourse). Any suggestions? I was putting some in my own chassis.txt, the one I uploaded had car names instead (this parts a task in itself, but hey... for the love of hybridding/hacking gt4)

PS. Last few days I spent working on my friend's PC and my own (hellish) car, dedicated hybrid day = tommorow FTW ;P

wow, thats hella progress in a few days. we'll all contribute to making a killer prog like Mk's gt3gedit, albeit in Phaste format, but very impressive nonetheless. Oh yeah, tekno... This Is SPARTAAAA!!!!!! lmao

Haha, yeh. Funny ****.

EDIT: Over the weekend, I'll see what I can get about some common car wheelbases (in metric format ofcourse). Any suggestions? I was putting some in my own chassis.txt, the one I uploaded had car names instead (this parts a task in itself, but hey... for the love of hybridding/hacking gt4)

Sweet.

PS. Last few days I spent working on my friend's PC and my own (hellish) car, dedicated hybrid day = tommorow FTW ;P

Yeh. I'm probably gonna get this wheel process started too. Get all 700+ wheel and images done.

EDIT: I'm also shooting for a GT3 drifting video. So that's what I do as a stress reliever :P

I'll see if we can do that.

EDIT: Over the weekend, I'll see what I can get about some common car wheelbases (in metric format ofcourse).
It would be nice if we can disassemble the rest of chassis data.

I was putting some in my own chassis.txt, the one I uploaded had car names instead (this parts a task in itself, but hey... for the love of hybridding/hacking gt4)
What do you mean? Isn't chassis list already has car name?

10A1F800 06AA /2000 Ford Falcon XR8 Setup A
10A1F978 06AA /2000 Ford Falcon XR8 Setup B
10A1FAF0 06AA /2000 Ford Falcon XR8 Setup C

Or do you mean car body? we already have this complete by the help of our friends and gtrp.de
ac__0014_0 AC Cars427 S/C 20A2A5E0 00000371
acra0001_0 Acura CSL 20A2A5E0 0000010F
acra0002_0 Acura Integra Type R 20A2A5E0 0000016F

Back