GT4 Hybrid Applications by teknogeek1300

• Thread starter teknogeek
  • 239 comments
hm. I'll write that down, that sounds to me like a clue. Thanks!
It's possible the game does something (checksum?) when you buy a part from tuner shop

i put a rs6 (TURBO) motor in my s4 (TURBO) and it worked then i bought a lotus elise (NA) and the motor also was swapped into there because of the 1st slot position. the lotus elise was driveable but once i modded it the game would crash.

Uh? ah yes, so you haven't even heard about the tire codes :D
That's all I've been talking about and I don't believe it's a good idea to add them to your app.. Just because there are some 20-26 tire codes for each car :ill:

Ok, so i put 1 engine code on my gameshark to test this hybridizing thing out. This is the engine I chose; "10A18888 087F /Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) `03 Setup A", and I entered in the 12 digit code, but it didn't seem to work. im stumped as to why.

teknogeek: I think you should make the code lists of your app a little more gameshark friendly :)
cheating devices accept only 16 digit codes even if they're 1 or 2 byte codes

teknogeek: I think you should make the code lists of your app a little more gameshark friendly :)
cheating devices accept only 16 digit codes even if they're 1 or 2 byte codes

I was wondering that too. I don't know anything about converting the codes to GS/AR/CB. I think I read that there where some tools. Dunno how to go about it.

Lemme know if you use certain tools.

Max Convert is the only useful one I know of, get it here
http://files.filefront.com/maxconvert+v0+71rar/;9143457;/fileinfo.html

I was thinking about just making the codes 16 digit long and include the info how to convert the codes with MAX convert & download link, or something like that

The only problem with that is that some codes only use 4 digits, and the next 4 could be crucial.

Ex:

Code:
10A1F818 0F36[COLOR="Red"]####[/COLOR]	/8 Gear Tranny (setup A)

I have no way of predicting the next 4 digits.

The only problem with that is that some codes only use 4 digits, and the next 4 could be crucial.

Ex:

Code:
10A1F818 0F36[COLOR="Red"]####[/COLOR]	/8 Gear Tranny (setup A)

I have no way of predicting the next 4 digits.
..the next 4 digits are always zeroes, and they come before the actual value.
Like, 10A1F818 0F36 = 10A1F818 00000F36

I'm sorry, I just presumed you already knew about how to do it :)
I was teaching 4everstock in the last week how to play with those digits , but didn't remember yesterday it was in private and not in public..

I was teaching 4everstock in the last week how to play with those digits , but didn't remember yesterday it was in private and not in public..

Ah, I forgot how hex worked for a while there. lol

So should I add a tutorial to tell how to? Or should I try to incorporate a GS output box?

Ah, I forgot how hex worked for a while there. lol

So should I add a tutorial to tell how to? Or should I try to incorporate a GS output box?
Tutorial would be the easiest way to do it but I'd myself add a menu where you can choose the output format .. but I have no idea how to do it,you'd need to sort of incorporate the Max Convert app into your own app :crazy:

Maybe the tutorial is enough :)

I was thinking that I'd have all the codes output to both PHAST and the format needed to convert to max. I'll just have my program add the necessary 0's :)

I can probably get started on it tonight.

That sounds awesome, Wow things have changed a lot around here in a couple of months, Glad to see all the GT4 Hybrid options, Great work guys!

Yes Speed Drifter, that's true. So far everything's working fine. I just sarted back last night because my PS2 stopped working last week. I bought another PS2 console Saturday.....
I've been trying many combinations for myself since then for Brakes and Downforce value from the F1 (the first string of the code), but with no luck so far.......(NTSC)
I loaded various sizes (and width) rim/tire combinations for my cars on my Gameshark save on my memomy card that work just fine. One thing to mention - even though you put the code for bigger rim/tire, you still need to buy a Racing tire in the tuning section in order to change the styles (if the code is already in, buy the racing tire but choose to NOt install it on the car)

I was thinking that I'd have all the codes output to both PHAST and the format needed to convert to max. I'll just have my program add the necessary 0's :)

I can probably get started on it tonight.

hahahaha, I remember when we were starting this out and said "ehh, screw it we'll just use 10###### and #### codes for 2 byte codes, 20###### ######## for 4 byte codes" :dunce:, it was easier since we were just using phaste. well, for gameshark, the code change is reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy easy (tutorial?):

if the code you're looking for looks like:

starts with 00 and has 2 numbers that its modding (1 byte)
00###### ##
change to
20###### 000000##

starts with 10 and has 4 numbers that its modding (2 bytes)
10###### ####
then it changes to
20###### 0000####

starts with 20 and has 8 numbers (4 bytes)
20###### ########
then you're all set lol, no change required.

hahahaha, I remember when we were starting this out and said "ehh, screw it we'll just use 10###### and #### codes for 2 byte codes, 20###### ######## for 4 byte codes" :dunce:, it was easier since we were just using phaste. well, for gameshark, the code change is reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy easy (tutorial?):

if the code you're looking for looks like:

starts with 00 and has 2 numbers that its modding (1 byte)
00###### ##
change to
20###### 000000##

starts with 10 and has 4 numbers that its modding (2 bytes)
10###### ####
then it changes to
20###### 0000####

starts with 20 and has 8 numbers (4 bytes)
20###### ########
then you're all set lol, no change required.

That's confusing as hell to me. lol

So would
20A18890 0755
=
20A18890 00000755
?

That's confusing as hell to me. lol

So would
20A18890 0755
=
20A18890 00000755
?

yep, almost, usually one of the codes will start with 10x like 10A18890 0755

that would be fine for PHaste, but to make it a "gameshark friendly" code, you would change it to a 20x code like you put; 20A18890 and then change the 0755 (2 bytes) to 00000755 (4 bytes).

basically if the address part starts with 10 (or 00) change it to 20 then the part section (in this case 0755) put 4 0's infront of it so it looks like 00000755

if the part section is 1 byte (like a FF or something like that) then you need to put 6 0's so it would look like 000000FF.

think about it like this, the raw code address part (1st 8 characters) go something like 20xxxxxx

the second part, the actual value you're putting also has 8 characters, so if
your value is 4 chars (0755) throw 4 more 0's infront.

if your part value is 2 chars (FF), throw 6 0's infront so it'll be the "full" 8 chars.

CLIFF-NOTES: uhh, dunno how to cliff-note-ize that lol

EDIT: ok, cliff-notes (using random examples)

10A12345 1234
=
20A12345 00001234
likewise

00A12345 12 (this is a made up code, just example)
=
20A12345 00000012

and

20A12345 12345678
=
20A12345 12345678 (because it's already in the right format)

hope that makes more sense lol

-l8r

BUMP (sorry for double post)
This thread is so important for newcomers we really need to have it on the first page.

I agree. Sorry I've been away for so long. My old comp blew up and it took me a month to get a new one running. In the amount of time I look back and see nothing but confusion. lmao.

+ my drive crashed and I lost my app :(

Oh no, I'm so sorry for the loss :(:(
Never would have guessed that was the reason you were away.. I was just thinking you all were taking a little break, so I tried the same.

My drive crashed recently as well, about four-five months ago. It didn't crash too hard though so I was able to recover everything important to me by freezing the drive ;)

That is a bad news :(. Recreating that application may take long time isn't it? How can your computer blow up? don't you have power protection or something? I do computer maintenance too in my works, it happen if you have bad cabling or there are spike in electricity.

About harddisk, adding more fan blowing to harddisk can make it live much longer.

Also I found out how what does that magical number "1" mean, "Used wheels" have 000100xx, branded new ones 000000xx
I just found out that the code displayed in my list do not have all the digit.

on NTSC wheel list I found two entry with the same code:
FB 00 hond0008
FB 00 pdi_018w

It turn out that by using:
000100fb, it actually use hond0008

and by using
000000fb, it actually use pdi_018w

so I think the compatibility problem caused by wheel/rims is caused by this. So I guess if the 4rd digit cause the game to freeze, we should try it with other number.

To update the code for all wheel to make it all works means we have to use all of the wheel one by one...............

Nice to see you found that info as well :)
I discovered it some time ago, back when teknogeek was still developing his Hybrid swapper so I informed him about this.

My recent found is that even those brand rims (yokohama, bbs etc) have name like those other rims (AL0207, MA0238 etc).
Those names aren't exactly usable because you can't normally see them anywhere in the game. Also the mystery rim rov10001 is actually from Mini Cooper 1.3i `98 (japanese version had the car).

--
Sorry I overlooked your post, we don't need to test every single wheel because all OEM wheels have the 01 byte, while "brand" rims and the ones made by Polyphony have 00.

Attachments

• PAL Rim list new.zip
    58 KB · Views: 34
That is a bad news :(. Recreating that application may take long time isn't it? How can your computer blow up? don't you have power protection or something? I do computer maintenance too in my works, it happen if you have bad cabling or there are spike in electricity.

About harddisk, adding more fan blowing to harddisk can make it live much longer.

It didn't technically blow up, lol. Updated the bios, threw my new dual core in, ran good for 3 days, then it wouldn't turn on. Fried the socket and the chip :(

Back