GT4 Hybrid Applications by teknogeek1300

• Thread starter teknogeek
  • 239 comments
That just happens.. hard disks can fail prematurely sometimes, running them hot makes it happen more often.
But that's not the only possible cause, I've had couple hard drives failing electronically.
Those drives had been working just fine until suddenly the bios stopped recognizing them and said just "SAMSUNG BOOTCODE blahblah" as their names :(

Seagate drives have been pretty reliable, I've got multiple 20 and 40 GB drives with over 40 thousand hours on them (that's over 4 and half years of non-stop operation) and they're still working perfectly with no bad sectors :)

Would someone here please give me a code? I'm very confused when it comes to these things, but I think I've got a cool idea. I've just golded all the licenses (again; I accidentally deleted my other gamesave.), and I want to do something fun with my Model T. Would someone please make me an AR Max code for:
  • BMW 120d engine (deisel means mellow and powerful, crucial in this case)
  • Full-mod 6-speed transmission (last time I applied a code to Model T, the 160hp engine topped out at 52mph)
  • N3 Tyres (as grippy as possible while remaining driftable)
  • 1-way LSD (simple, but gives the driftability of LSDs)
And, if power multiplier can be used to reduce power, an FGT powertrain with around 250 bhp would be an awesome 'Set B' option.

You mean you want just the codes? I assume you're using NTSC version, but is your cheating device AR Max?
I'll try to do some codes later for you..

Here are the codes, hopefully they work like they should..
FGT engine won't work, I don't know why. I swapped in the engine from Nike One though :D
You'll soon notice that the Model T needs it brakes and flywheel upgraded really bad.. I'm sorry I couldn't get the codes for them yet, I'm just in too much hurry right now
Also it seems like one-way LSD isn't enough. setup B has FGT LSD, tell me if it works any better

To customize the transmission, you need to modify the auto setting first.

Code:
Setup A

ZZQ5-1FU5-KHART
KFP3-HH3Y-W6PUN
ZMB9-JMN7-Y937K
K6TY-JV1D-GYMNR
QA6E-B57J-667R0
AFYR-NGBX-NQ3BZ
R0AU-PCR0-R7ZP4
2H58-J4W5-B7K9W
19CH-UEGB-VYR83
C1N3-8E59-T956Z

Setup B

4AJE-YJ47-8BM8T
4FJ2-AR8J-RRH80
EAND-PE39-2R2GR
KMXN-TRBM-4WU3D
QA6E-B57J-667R0
AHBD-6YMN-K7XFP
4CKE-MTK5-C6GUN
C1N3-8E59-T956Z

You rock! Thank you for the codes, and I'll test them as soon as I have access to my PS2. Also, good thought with the Nike engine; I never would have even remembered that ONE.

I know, bad pun...

That first code is long :scared: But, I've done ambitious things in GT4 before. This'll be scary, using gameshark-type devices on a save I actually use. I'm definitely gonna back up my save from now on...

No problem :) You were a bit lucky becaus I almost forgot I promised to make the codes for you.
I won't be at home for a while so I'm not sure when I'm able to fill in the codes still needed..

In the current state the car is really fun and crazy to drive but a bit too difficult :D
I had to learn a whole bunch of new driving techniques because the car locks rear wheels up when you lift your foot from the gas pedal = need to have both brake and gas at 50% to get good braking performance. For extra challenge, I was using only my right foot for that :D:D

N3 tires are almost too grippy for this chassis, if you're driving with DFP you'll learn a new meaning for the snap-back effect :D

The first code seems to disagree with my system. I entered it correctly, and checked my entries to be sure, but the game just doesn't load, for some reason.

The second code works... interestingly. When I turned the system on, my Model T was set to setup A, and the wheels were of a smaller size. I switched to setup B and the wheels resumed their normal size (or, at least something very close), and the car turned into an axe murderer. It seems the only way to get around a turn without risking the chassis' natural bit of oversteer turning into a 60 RPM death machine is to use left-foot braking all the time. My theory: The lift-throttle oversteer is caused by soft front suspension, and the extremely unpredictable on-throttle behaviour is caused by soft rear suspension (Will the weight transfer backwards and stabilize, or will the wheels spin, killing rear grip and propulsion? Both?! :eek: ). My solution: harder suspension. Also, you said that you applied FGT LSD? Maybe the settings are impossibly low or something, but there is no limited-slip effect whatsoever. I actually did 1-wheel burnouts to test this thought, and confirm it did! The transmission, though, was pretty nice. It never occured to me that it was possible to adjust the final gear of the Model T's 2-speed tranny, and it works very well. The insanely flat power/torque curves of the engine don't at all require many gears, and since I don't have to use my concentration shifting, I have all of it for handling the beast! Even so, it's not enough...

Which version of GT4 are you using? That may be why our Set A codes don't quite respond in a similar fashion.

EDIT: By the way, the pic in my avatar was done in stock, 20hp, 50mph trim. It seemed relevant. :)

Yep, looks like we've both got different versions of the game.. I'll see if i can convert the codes later, shouldn't be too difficult.
The reason I had to use smaller tires is because Model T only has N1's, and no other car has tires similar to the Ford.

There's nothing wrong with the suspension of Model T (albeit it being a bit too stiff), the problem is much more complicated. Feels like it has a 100lbs flywheel on-throttle (slow revving), and 1lbs when off throttle. That explains the locking of rear wheels.

Did you try to change the LSD settings? They aren't applied automatically though the part is there. It's the same story with transmission, you can only adjust the final gear if you don't first adjust the auto setting lever! (don't mind if they're greyed out or anything)

Hey! I wanted to know if anyone could help me with hybridding...? I'm looking for brake/racing brakes/controller/engine codes, preferably Raw or GS versions of the codes (NTSC)... because I can't use PHaste codes.
PM me if you can help.
Thanks!

I know I'm bringing alive an old thread but I was just starting to get into hybriding for GT4 as I loved hybriding GT2 and PSPGT.
My problem is I have the PAL version and no where I look has the codes for the PAL version of the game. Then I stumble across this post and see that there is a program for it. However the link is dead. I have contacted Technogeek and he has promptly responded with some unfortunate bad news that the files have been deleted.
If anyone out there in the hybrid land has these programs still could you please contact me. I really would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Not as far as I know, but there's a trick to fully customizing gears.

1. Buy a full racing transmission

2. Activate the code for your transmission

3. Select Racing Transmission

4. It should show the four gears, and you should be able to customize them freely.

Note: after you exit the screen, you can't customize the gears, until you go back to step three. It works for as long as the code is active, but it resets if you want to change the ratios again.

Back to step 2... "Activate the code for your transmission", which means I should get the code from my original transmission and install it "over" the fully customizable one, right?

Hey sorry for the old thread bump, but I'm trying to use my AR Max to make hybrids, and the engine part I'm trying to use is 20A2A678 07C4, but I don't know what format that is in, to convert it to AR Max code. I tried RAW to AR Max and it didn't accept it.

I'm using PAL codes.

Thanks for the quick reply! I should have known that. I havn't posted or touched my PS2 in 5 years hah. (oh god the sound it made when loading a disc...)

I must have did it wrong, because while it accepted the code, when I booted the game up, my MX5 still had the engine from an MX5, instead of an SRT10.

10A2A608 076C -engine
20A2A678 07C4 -stage 3 NA tune

so it should be...

5BMD-X95N-KK2W7
BCEZ-UUV0-8ZWAY
QEFC-W5C9-3D7Z7

I'll have another try tomorrow, for now it's sleep time.

Try changing the 1st 2 to a 1 and see if that works so 10A2A678 000007C4. That's how it is in the table of the different codes. Ya want the good news?! Ya did good converting the NTSC to Pal! :)

Try changing the 1st 2 to a 1 and see if that works so 10A2A678 000007C4. That's how it is in the table of the different codes. Ya want the good news?! Ya did good converting the NTSC to Pal! :)

Yeah I wait what? The code I used was from the PAL list, it shouldn't need converting??

Maybe that's why it's not working?

Oh no no! If ya got it from a Pal list ya should be good to go! Maybe changing the 1 thing is all. I just didn't know there was a pal list...lol All I've seen is the NTSC and it tells how ya can go in between the 2. But yea if ur using the Pal version that code should be ok except maybe change the 2 to 1 thing...Good luck!

It seems it's not working, I've tried several cars and several options such as new turbos and new engines and when I load the game, nothing has changed.

Hmmm....ya running the Pal version of the game and using the Pal code right? That should work then! Ya try the code with it starting with the 2 and tried it with the 1 too? That's the only thing I could think of unless ur missing something when u convert it to the armax. I think those codes r in raw so ya should be ok going from raw to armax. I guess ya could try going from gameshark to armax...not sure...it could be just 1 lil something wrong. Gosh knows I've messed up plenty b/c of just 1 wrong # lol

very old thread but im still gonna try my luck here...did you ever figure out how the other rims not included in GT auto could have been swapped to cars...permanently...it is possible to swap wheels temporarily by changing the string so that it calls overwrited wheel instead of the normal...but that resets every time the game restarts...im stuck at this point and help would be appreciated...thanks

Latest Posts

Back