GT4 JGTC Confirmed Cars. now closed/images removed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sambert
  • 67 comments
  • 4,017 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
godzilla_GTR
aren't all cars from previous GT's stated to be included?I hope so becouse i want to drive that PHAT AS S2000 LM from GT2.The one that cost like $1million and came in white,grey/silver and black.That thin was a beast!


They better bring back the old JGTCs. I need that Cerumo supra :trouble:
By the way cool poll and pics Samberto:tup:
 

Attachments

  • 561066_20040924_screen026.jpg
    561066_20040924_screen026.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 53
To the pic above^
What track is that? Grand Valley? Suzuka?
 
Samberto
It’s no forgone conclusion that PD will deny us our old JGTC favourites. Further, the U.S has yet to get their hands on the JGTCs from GTConcept, so it is logical that they be included. Don’t forget that KY noted that he was including as many cars as possible past and present.

At least the TGS shots featuring cars such the Esso Supra and the Mobil 1 NSX are positive…

Gillet, I’m also hoping that some of the JGTCs from GT2, appear.
1. Castrol Supra '99 (final year for the native straight 6 engine)
2. Fed Ex 300ZX GTS '97
3. TAEIVON TRAMPIO FTO '99


I agree with that one Samberto they should return those cars but also ill like to see the Castrol Supra GT 96 the one from GT1 its just such a classic. Oh and the TRD 3000GT I highly recommend though Im out of topic. SORRY. :guilty:


I wonder were did the Dodge Copperhead ran off too.?????????? Off Topic :guilty:
 
I chose the Xanavi Nismo. Sure the WOODONE is a nice car, but the paint job's a bit bland (bit rich coming from me, I have it as my avatar on another forum ...), the Cusco is only GT350 so not as powerful, the Autobancs Gairya is really ugly and I've never really been a fan of the NSX.

Besides, the R34 is really cool. Shame they now use the 350Z.
 
First time I see the Z in an ingame picture... Impreza for me. 👍
 
Ahh yes, the JGTC. Sensational racing machines that are fun to watch. The races are dramatic and action-packed. While not over-the-top like the BTCC (good series as well. Can't wait to see the highlights of this year's races later this year on the Speed Channel), it's still wonderful to glance upon. And just like Ludacris rapped about, you doggone right that Japanese fans will be all over their favorite drivers.

I always said that the big three in the JGTC had certain qualities. For example, I've always thought the Mugen/Dome (remember that Dome is pronounced like "doh-may" in Japanese) NSX had great handling despite lacking some HPs. I usually think the Nissan Skyline GT500 is more about sheer power from that Nismo turbo (or are they NA this year?). My favorite is the Toyota Supra, because I always thought it was pretty well balanced in handling and horsepower without leaning too much on either side. The GT500 350Z, however... is totally foreign to me, so I cannot comment. Cuda, you liked the hood scoop? Last year in the first two races, the NSX teams didn't have that hood scoop, and the car actually looked nicer. But I don't mind the hood scoop. Even though they weren't really dominant last year or the year before, but for the American car lovers, I'd like to see the Mosler MT900R and/or the Chrysler Viper. Also of mention, a McLaren F1 GTR would be a nice pickup as well. After all, it did win the JGTC GT500 title back in 1997 or something, if I've been told correctly. Just put in the Lark McLaren, though I wouldn't mind the Yellow Corn McLaren. Also nice would be the... I don't know much else. I'm done. Carry on.
 
Hello John, there is no GTR this year, and there was never an NA model. You might be thinking of the newish V6 engine that features in both the 04 Nismo Z and 02/03 GTRs. Incidentally the V6 model sounds gruff compared with the 2000/2001 RD GTRs.

The naturally aspirated NSX was not lacking in hp, it was lacking in torque. In GT3 the JGTC NSXs had 473 hp, compared with 463 for supra and 461 for 2000 model GTRs. However the NSX torque was 40 kgf.m compared with 65 (supra) and 69 for the GTRs.
 
it would be the supra for me... loved it in gt3 and the sound in gt4p is truly awesome.. as well as the handling.. so I'm looking forward to the release.. but, I've been excited now since 2002, so... pretty sure the handling will be different compared to gt4p.. they've taken the gt-series a giant leap forward this time around..
 
In prologue : Woodone Supra as I said before.
In GT4 : I'm looking so much forward to Pennzoil/Zexel Skyline GT-R.
It was my favorite car in GT2 and it is still my favorite JGTC car 👍
 
Well, my favourite car and most used car in GT3 was the Calsonic Skyline, so guess which car im looking forward to most... ;)

But I love all the JGTC cars, amazing cars to drive.
 
Ev0
Well, my favourite car and most used car in GT3 was the Calsonic Skyline, so guess which car im looking forward to most... ;)

But I love all the JGTC cars, amazing cars to drive.

I hope PD includes the Calsonic Z of the actual season.
i also want to see the Vemac, the Amemiya RX7 and one of the MR2s.

PD has the JGTC license maybe they could get the murceliago and some Porsches^^
 
Going on licensing in previous GTs there is a reasonable chance the Calsonic Z will appear. Whether the 2000 Calsonic GTR reappears is yet to be seen. My hope is that the final Calsonic GTR (2003) gets the nod as the body shape was modelled for the Nismo Xanavi in prologue.
 
Is there any Pennzoil/zexel 350z JGTC car?
 
supra for the sound, shape and power.
50.016 on tskuba and I worked hard..i think it could be made some better
ciao
 
Oh man, I hope that Calsonic Z is in.

You can do 51 second laps (and faster, but i'm not that good) in the Cusco at Tskuba. Because it's such a tight track the extra 200bhp doesn't make much difference.
 
Last year in the JGTC, it was all about Nissan. They took the GT500 and GT300 titles at Suzuka last year, but a Toyota won in GT300 at the finale last year. So I say that if you're into the JGTC, Nissan went all the way last year. I haven't updated my JGTC thread in "Drifting and Other Motorsports," so I don't know what happened since. Of course, if you want JGTC action in America, you're close by if you live in California. Just get out there and show your support there. And of course, don't forget the GTPlanet promotion, based on what I've heard last month.

Other than that, if I had to choose, here are my picks:

GT500 Pick: WoodOne Toyota Supra
GT300 Pick: Cusco Subaru Impreza

Done.
 
that car and this one look almost the same.. i think the front is a little different though.. but.. why the heck do they have the same number.. if the one below is a rally car.. and the one in GT4 is jgtc??!?!?!?!

RBR_5.jpg
 
Motul Z all the way, after all, I discovered that car was in the game first so... he he.
 
Gabkicks
that car and this one look almost the same.. i think the front is a little different though.. but.. why the heck do they have the same number.. if the one below is a rally car.. and the one in GT4 is jgtc??!?!?!?!

RBR_5.jpg
What game is that? CMR? It actually looks MORE realstic than GT4!

ANyway, I voted for the impreza, since I never got the Impreza race car (the yellow one) in GT3 at all... :(
 
I like the Cusco Impreza... shame you don't get any opposition in GTP!

C.
 
MistaY
Cusco Impreza.
Looks gorgeous (in Impreza terms), has a nice engine note and the handling is practically on rails.

Agreed... It's sex on wheels...

Other than the Subie, I have to give it to the Nissans.. The GTR and the Fairlady... I guess I'm just biased toward Nissans... Can't help it, they make great cars...


;)
 
Event Horizon
What game is that? CMR? It actually looks MORE realstic than GT4!

ANyway, I voted for the impreza, since I never got the Impreza race car (the yellow one) in GT3 at all... :(




Nope. its not colin mcrae Rally (that game is uber unrealistic). Its Richard burns rally. Its a new super sim Rally game . I just bought it and i'm gonna play it when i get my new graphics card (9600XT 256mb!!!) tomorrow!!!.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=173119

Nobody answered my original question.. why do those two cusco Imprezas have the same race number, and am i right in saying they arent the same car?
 
Gabkicks
that car and this one look almost the same.. i think the front is a little different though.. but.. why the heck do they have the same number.. if the one below is a rally car.. and the one in GT4 is jgtc??!?!?!?!

RBR_5.jpg
Holy crap. :dopey: I thought that was a picture at first. Wow. :drool:
 
98cobra
Holy crap. :dopey: I thought that was a picture at first. Wow. :drool:
too bad other screens and vids don't look that good. The physics don't look that good, either.
 
Event Horizon
too bad other screens and vids don't look that good. The physics don't look that good, either.
Too bad. :grumpy:
 
No you are way off, the number thing is just a coincidence.

Firstly look how much lower the nose is on the JGTC car, secondly look at the rear spoiler, thirdly, intercooler intake slightly bigger, there are more subtle differences too.

Your confusion IMO is over the livery, but it's common practice now to carry a consistent colour/sponsor design for different motorsport formulae's.
 
read my post. i said that they werent the same and mentioned some chasis differences. I was just asking if they were related any any other way besides being a cusco car. :dunce: I havent played RBR yet, but i've heard people raving about how great the physics are. I've heard people and read websites that say its the most realistic feeling rally game ever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back