GT4 (JPN Version) Prize Car List (Work In Progress)

• Thread starter 1twojay
  • 377 comments
live4speed
What a model T for gold on the S license, thats a bit crap. You'd want something that you'll use a lot thats for sure.
That must earn 1000 points when you beat a R8 and Speed8 at LEMANS:indiff::indiff::indiff:

vipersan
Is there prizes for repeating the races? Is it possible to get all cars that cannot be bought (two memory card trick in gt3)?

Can someone explain more about the point system? If you have only small amount of points what happens? Is there a required number of points to enter the races or something? Or something else? Are there poinsts only as a measure of how hard you worked?

thank you!

I posted this over in the other thread, but heres my take on the points system.

The new points system isnt related to the championship points its an arcade style high score system, which allows gamers to compare there performances without having to use the same vehicles, its like a rating score based on equipment used versus equipment raced which is then dependant on winning time.

It relates like the scores in the prologue tests.

The more you win a race by or gold a license, gives you an increased score, for tthe high score tables. But if you do it in an overpowered car youll earn less points.

Idont think it will have any effect on the game opening up new events and cars.
PD want this game to be open to everyone, so those that need to overpower to win, will still be able to get through all the events.

It will merely be for those of us that like to see how good your performance really is, when you can use the score as your rating, as it takes in more factors than just your finishing position, which is all that is required to progress the game percentage wise.

requinkiller
thank you for this information. I do not speak very quite English because I come from Belgium. I am new

Welcome to the GTPlanet.net forums, enjoy your stay, be amazed by GT4. Glad to see more Belgians :).

live4speed
God I hope not, I don't mind it effevting the prize credits, but that would be stupid. Besides how would it fit into single races if it was like that.

I think you might be misunderstanding. I doubt the 'Championship Points' in series competition will change, 1st will still get the most points. But what I think the others are talking about are these 'Gran Turismo Points' that I suppose are used to unlock stuff and whatnot. PD has said (I think) that winning with an underpowered car will get you more points than winning with one that's vastly overpowered. I personally think that it would be a good idea if coming in 2nd or 3rd with an underdog would get you more points than winning with an outrageously powerful car.

A-ha, so that people with slower cars actually unlock parts of the game faster than people attacking GT with a supercar!

This list is too small! I order you people to play more GT4! I know it will be a difficult, horrible task and death is a possibility, but somebody has got to do it!

Maven
I think you might be misunderstanding. I doubt the 'Championship Points' in series competition will change, 1st will still get the most points. But what I think the others are talking about are these 'Gran Turismo Points' that I suppose are used to unlock stuff and whatnot. PD has said (I think) that winning with an underpowered car will get you more points than winning with one that's vastly overpowered. I personally think that it would be a good idea if coming in 2nd or 3rd with an underdog would get you more points than winning with an outrageously powerful car.

Gran Turismo points serve no purpose than for self gratification, and bragging rights.

The game follows the same procedure for unlocking races, winning cars and cash.
I.e you win, you get prize car and cash no matter how you do it, its always the same and increases completion percentage as per all GTs.
This is so all players no matter how competant they are will progress through the game the same.
The Gran turismo points are a rating of how good your perfomance was and are varied on car and tuning levels and winning margins.

Anyway, since in GT3 there were partial game completition bonuses (50%, 75%, ...) maybe in GT4 something hidden can be unlocked by achieving a high A-Spec rating.

The Gran turismo points are a rating of how good your perfomance was and are varied on car and tuning levels and winning margins.

It has nothing to do with winning margins... just the difference between your car and the opponents... and you MUST come first to get points... no points for 2nd

i still think the points have to unlock something... if it was just a rating for how well u did in each race, then why does it have a total score? and why is there a score for b-mode? isn't b-mode the photo mode?? my game is in chinese, so i can't read all of it unforunately...

and for those asking about doing races again.. i needed some cash, so i did it again.. it said something about resetting the races if u want the prize car again and a pass/not pass... i guess i chose the wrong one and it resetted (i didnt wanna reset)... so all my trophies for the FR challenge (beginner) are gone - but i believe i can win the car again...... oh yeah, and it gets harder too.. the first time, it was like a 9 or so point race.. now it's 70 something...

PS. has anyone got any idea if i will get money for selling the Pontiac Sunfire concept that you win??? it's got " price --"

PPS. there ARE completion bonuses.. you can't enter the endurance race section until 25% completion (i'm at 1.8% hahahahaha)

Solid Lifters
This list is too small! I order you people to play more GT4! I know it will be a difficult, horrible task and death is a possibility, but somebody has got to do it!

I will, Sir! I will need a JPN GT4 and JPN PS2. :dopey:

:lol:

those guys are way ahead of me.. so i think u shud be looking at them for updates... i find it difficult to even get silver for the licences.... ~_~

Ebiggs
I will, Sir! I will need a JPN GT4 and JPN PS2. :dopey:

Son, how many times do I have to tell you you're in the US Military GT4 Attack Force. We do not provide you with the essential equipment to go into combat! You must provide it yourself, or scrounge through dump sites to make your own necessary equipment for combat. We need the money saved to purchase new 18k gold ass-scrathers for the US Congress! Now, MOVE OUT!

Solid Lifters
Son, how many times do I have to tell you you're in the US Military GT4 Attack Force. We do not provide you with the essential equipment to go into combat! You must provide it yourself, or scrounge through dump sites to make your own necessary equipment for combat. We need the money saved to purchase new 18k gold ass-scrathers for the US Congress! Now, MOVE OUT!

I'm going AWOL! :yuck:

Solid Lifters

I'm new, BTW. I'm from HK.

x08
those guys are way ahead of me.. so i think u shud be looking at them for updates... i find it difficult to even get silver for the licences.... ~_~

You could find out prizes for race series'. Nice AV.

live4speed
The points to win a league are given based on your position in a race right. But what Lethalchem is on about is the point's given based on the car you use, the more powerful the car, the less points you win or what? This is not like in any previouse GT game. do they affect your prize credits at all?
Why? Worried?

;)

xcsti
You could find out prizes for race series'. Nice AV.

i'm workin on it.. but i havent got anything that they havent gotten yet~ and my car is still slow (hey, i only play when i have time)... so it's hard atm.. many races are 100+ points :embarrassed:

as for those worrying about points.. ive said it before, and ill say it again.. points ARE based on your car Vs. opposition, NOT on you position or the difference... you dont get ANY points if u dont come first, and you dont get extra points for a big lead - first is first.... but u can still get cash if ur not first

x08
i'm workin on it.. but i havent got anything that they havent gotten yet~ and my car is still slow (hey, i only play when i have time)... so it's hard atm.. many races are 100+ points :embarrassed:

as for those worrying about points.. ive said it before, and ill say it again.. points ARE based on your car Vs. opposition, NOT on you position or the difference... you dont get ANY points if u dont come first, and you dont get extra points for a big lead - first is first.... but u can still get cash if ur not first

He's right.

hey guys!

wow this is excitin s**t it is out! i got a question maybe someone can help me in the car list there is the alfa dtm car '93 and the benz 190 '92. in a video of the ring some months ago u could see a bmw e30 dtm car which was one of the competitors - someone please confirm that that is in as well!!!

I will PM this to 1twojay also so he can update~~ or try.. the PM system seems to have problems sometimes

-- ADDING ANOTHER --
Race: Mazda Races - RE (Rotary)
Car: Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68 -- sells for about Cr.15,000

From what I remember.

Special Conditions

Tsukuba Easy - Mazda RX-8 Concept '01

Cot de' Almafi(forgot how to spell) Easy - Toyata Raid Rally Car (forgot the exact name but it's worth 246k :D Money loop time)

x08

You say many points are 100+. Can you tell me what those points are used for? DO they accumulate from race to race, regardless of the events you're competing in? Meaning, does each race point get dumped into your point total, which then allows you to unlock things once you've reached..say..1000pts or whatever?

Latest Posts

Back