GT4 Master Car List

• Thread starter The359
  • 3,483 comments
All NISMO's are still Nissan's, the R390 GT1 although built by NISMO as every Nissan race car was didn't have any refernce to NISMO in it's name unlike say the NISMO GT-R LM etc. Your not wrong either way if you have it under Nissan or NISMO but I think there are alot of people who would say it should be under Nissan.

The official list taken from Sony's Japanese websites for GT4 in regards to cars photographed by Polyphony lists the car as a "NISMO R390 1998".

Fair enough, as I said it's correct either way, but the R390 is only called the Nissan R390 and the Nissan R390GT1.

Hola - any chance of a bit of regionalisation? You've already hinted at it with the various Fairlady Z's (240Z, 300ZX, 350Z), but I've compiled a short list of others I could spot with the Japanese-market names and at least their EU market translations (and US where I'm aware of them):

Honda/Spoon Fit = Jazz
Mazda Atenza = 6
Mazda Roadster = Miata/MX-5
Nissan/Nismo March = Micra
Nissan Pulsar = Sunny
Toyota Altezza = Lexus IS200
Toyota Harrier = Lexus RX300
Toyota Vitz = Yaris/Echo

I've considered adding the international varients to some cars, but as we've seen before sometimes even in US and European copies of the game, the cars sometimes still keep their Japanese name (Toyota Altezzas for example).

The only reason I put specifics for the Fairlady Zs was just so I wouldn't have to put the years (70s, 80s, 90s, current, etc) nor put the body codes (Z30, Z33, etc), making it easier for newbies to understand exactly which generation of Fairlady Z I was talking about.

Oh yeah - I get you on the Fairlady issue :D

Adding the regionalised names MIGHT stop people saying "I've seen the Nismo Micra - that's not on your list" when it, in fact, is... :D

BTW WHY is your username "The359"? :D

Yeah, I've already had a number of people tell me they've seen an "Infiniti G35!" when its already on the list as a Nissan Skyline 350GT. I might devise some method for listing alternate naming schemes.

The359 is a long story, all I can say is that it is not an engine (as most people seem to think), nor does it have anything to do with cars.

Found an old thread on the GTF from a person whose car was tested and photographed by Polyphony in England, and added the cars that he witnessed there, including a lot of older TVRs and VW Beetles.

I might be wrong but is the D8 150 the only Donkervoort in production, Donkervoort is in GT4 but I've never heard anything about any other cars than that one built by them.

RUF's are in, there is a guy on these forums who's had his tested by PD, I can't remeber which model it was, expect more RUF's in GT4 than there was in GT2.

That's because I had not heard of anyone having theirs photographed and hence it wasn't put on the list.

And again, I'm not going to assume which models of Donkervoort will be put in the game, so until I see specific model names I'll leave it blank.

There's a user around here who posted a thread with photos in of his Ruf Turbo R being photographed. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting his username... D'oh!

He also has a BMW M5 which they snapped.

Originally posted by The359
That's because I had not heard of anyone having theirs photographed and hence it wasn't put on the list.

And again, I'm not going to assume which models of Donkervoort will be put in the game, so until I see specific model names I'll leave it blank.

I'm not asking you to put any Donkervoort cars into the list, I don't even know what models they make other than the one mentioned. You seem too quick to defend your list, no ones attacking it. As for the RUF, it is in, check Famines links.

There is only one question for me:

Is the soon be be available (April 2004) M.Y. 2005 Dodge Hemi Magnum going to be in the game, even if it is only as the previous HEMI-8 Concept??

This is, to my twisted way of thinking, is one of the coolest new cars coming out in the next few years. Yes, it is a wagon, but it doesn't seem like one. It seems more like a big fastback bruiser, a throwback (designwise) to the Muscle cars I like so much (Bring on the 1969 or 70' Charger too).

With the new Hemi V8, it will boast 340 hp and about 350 pd/ft of torque (est) stock/unmodified. Nice!

7371_image.JPG

-- The Blackfish

Off roading is in, Grand Canyon, the Pajiero was in GT2, the Forrester was in GT2 along with 1 or 2 other cars similar to the Hemi.

What kind of a McLaren car is this going to be. Guessing from the Le Mans in the name, its not going to be the street legal beauty, so is it a race car? Im kinda confused on this... can someone help me?

The McLaren F1 is a GTR version, which was a stripped out racing version, not road legal. Not only that, but it is the Long Tail version of the GTR (they made a "short tail" as well). The particular car that is on the list is a car which ran at LeMans in 1997, and was sponsered by Fina.

I remember now seeing in a thread a few months ago that Formula Renault cars were also tested by the PD team.

Impossible to do a search for formula renault though, the words come back too often. Can someone remember where that info stood?

195.jpg

Amuse S2000, with body kit designed by Mr. Yamauchi himself. That is an in-game shot in case anyone is wondering.

Added the Renault Spyder and Formula Renault, also corrected the Nissan Skyline Sedan and added the Gran Turismo version Skyline GT-R.

Back