• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 714 comments
hey i used a pny attache 1gb
and here is a lovely car

Attachments

• IMG0003.JPG
    IMG0003.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 85
I use this iitronics mp3 player, i have 2 mp3 players so i thought i might aswell use one as a memory stick.

I think GT4 recognizes all usb devices as flash storage devices. my ipod is called one. not that it works, all it does is freeze the darned thing up and make me have to reset it :yuck:

BTW, I use a lexar flashdrive, got it from walmart, cost a whole 15 bucks, and works like a charm. ;)

Can someone simply tell me the cheapest device weather usb stick or what that i can use with gt4 - i really want to make a gallery - my Mp3 doesn't work :mad: :banghead: :(

Edit: Nvrm i just had to reset my Mp3 and change format - you can write this MP3 player in if you want (samsung YpU2, 2Gb)

but can someone .....

tell me how to use transfer with my sony erricson walkman phone.
It says that it transfers the whole picture when i dissconect the usb cable and look to find where the pictures are - they're not there!? :( Because the amount of space on te phone hasn't gone down!

Can someone tell me how to transfer with a sony ericson walkman phone? (Am i dissconecting wrong or something)

I can confirm that the Lexar JumpDrive Mercury 1GB works (and I'd assume therefore that other sizes of the same brand/model would work too).

Hi all, I'm new here.

Just wanted to say that I've got a 30GB 2.5" laptop hard drive in a USB1.1/2.0 external shell and it works fine. It's formatted to FAT32 with the quick format option checked. I also tried using my 5th gen 30GB iPod Video, it didn't work. It made GT4 freeze :(

EDIT: Some of you may want to read this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2751342&postcount=7

It may help if you have an external drive that is really huge (i.e. over 80gig) and GT4 won't see it. Plus, it also means you can make your GT4 partition and still use your external for other things (we all know FAT32 sucks for larger partitions.)

Pretty much any FAT formatted usb flash drive should do the trick.

My FreeCom Databar 1Gb worked fine, using the preloaded formatting and it only costs £4 from ebuyer. so thats the way to go.

Attachments

• IMG0000sm.JPG
    IMG0000sm.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 81
ok,
i know there's another thread about this, but i've seen the question asked many times in the last few hours, so here's what I know works. If someone else has tried something, post it up and i will make this list larger as it goes:

Confirmed working hardware:
- Creative MuVo MP3 player
- Kingston Data Traveller USB Pen Drive
- Sony Pocket Bit USB memory
- Sony Micro Vault
- SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive
- Media Gear 7-in-1 USB 2.0 memory card reader w/ PQI 256mb Hi-Speed Compact Flash

Unconfirmed working hardware:

Incompatible hardware:
- SanDisk Cruzer Mini USB Flash Drive
- Datel Max Drive USB Memory Device
- Sony Mouse with Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US5

Additional info:
Photos saved to Sony Memory Card is compressed down to approximately 100kb, resulting in minor artifacting when displayed on a computer monitor. Photos saved to USB storage is approximately 250-300kb.

MelloBoy

I have another to ad to the list the Western Digital 320gb hardrive or any of them i believe

Is it possible to get a card reader that would read the PS2 Memory card (8mb)? I haven't got anything that would work at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but its difficult waiting for GT5 especially since its been pushed back to summer. In the mean time i traded my non-backward compatible PS3 for a lauch 60gig. Ever since i have been playing GT4 with it and it helps with the wait for GT5. I have a problem with photo mode though. Has anybody been able to get photo mode to save to a usb device while playing the game on a PS3? and if so, how?

Nevermind. apparently GT4 doesn't play nice when you try to use your cell phone as a flash drive. Just in case anyone else was wondering

Last edited:
Back