GT4 Photo Mode Storage Options

Discussion in 'GT4 Photo Mode' started by MelloBoy, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Nevsport

Nevsport

dont know if its been posted... probably has but still... Just to inform, the Sony PSP works fine for storage in USB mode.

2. muqy

muqy

hey i used a pny attache 1gb
    and here is a lovely car

Attached Files:

3. Tulok

Tulok

psp confirmed by me aswell, works like a charm

4. Speedster502

Speedster502 Premium

I use this...a Intergral 1GB Memory Stick works brilliantly.

5. Tommi

Tommi Premium

I use this iitronics mp3 player, i have 2 mp3 players so i thought i might aswell use one as a memory stick.
    [​IMG]

6. gibson

gibson

ipods dont work as storage devices

7. samj_13

samj_13

PSP's work great. I have one and it works beautifully. Really quick data transfer.

8. dc5racer

dc5racer

anyone know if a card readeer with a sandisk ultra II works?

9. Rayquaza

Rayquaza

Try it.

10. MusclecarChhris

MusclecarChhris

I think GT4 recognizes all usb devices as flash storage devices. my ipod is called one. not that it works, all it does is freeze the darned thing up and make me have to reset it :yuck:

BTW, I use a lexar flashdrive, got it from walmart, cost a whole 15 bucks, and works like a charm. ;)

11. Jay.

Jay.

/\
    Ditto!
    PSP!
    Huge storage ability!
    Quick and easy.
    :tup: :) :tup:

12. Zaine2

Zaine2

Can someone simply tell me the cheapest device weather usb stick or what that i can use with gt4 - i really want to make a gallery - my Mp3 doesn't work :mad: :banghead: :(

Edit: Nvrm i just had to reset my Mp3 and change format - you can write this MP3 player in if you want (samsung YpU2, 2Gb)

but can someone .....

tell me how to use transfer with my sony erricson walkman phone.
    It says that it transfers the whole picture when i dissconect the usb cable and look to find where the pictures are - they're not there!? :( Because the amount of space on te phone hasn't gone down!

Can someone tell me how to transfer with a sony ericson walkman phone? (Am i dissconecting wrong or something)

13. BigdaddyGT

BigdaddyGT

forget it

14. Thirdeye

Thirdeye

I can confirm that the Lexar JumpDrive Mercury 1GB works (and I'd assume therefore that other sizes of the same brand/model would work too).

15. DarkED

DarkED

Hi all, I'm new here.

Just wanted to say that I've got a 30GB 2.5" laptop hard drive in a USB1.1/2.0 external shell and it works fine. It's formatted to FAT32 with the quick format option checked. I also tried using my 5th gen 30GB iPod Video, it didn't work. It made GT4 freeze :(

EDIT: Some of you may want to read this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2751342&postcount=7

It may help if you have an external drive that is really huge (i.e. over 80gig) and GT4 won't see it. Plus, it also means you can make your GT4 partition and still use your external for other things (we all know FAT32 sucks for larger partitions.)

16. burti35

burti35

i have SonyEricsson P990i cellphone. its USB cable ok to trade picture from PS2 to cellphone?

17. cdl2488

cdl2488

Pretty much any FAT formatted usb flash drive should do the trick.

My FreeCom Databar 1Gb worked fine, using the preloaded formatting and it only costs £4 from ebuyer. so thats the way to go.

Attached Files:

18. FlexBlur

FlexBlur

A Card Reader doesn't work. At least, mine doesn't work.
    But PSP USB-Connected to the PS2, THAT works. :D

19. DR.FREEMAN0

DR.FREEMAN0

Anyone here using a Sony Cybershot DSCw1?

20. Draconiator

Draconiator

Mine works. Wasn't sure about it working but it does. It's a Targus.

21. blakbenj06

blakbenj06

I have another to ad to the list the Western Digital 320gb hardrive or any of them i believe

Is it possible to get a card reader that would read the PS2 Memory card (8mb)? I haven't got anything that would work at home.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  22. WallRider

WallRider

I just got a Telus LG "mp3/camera" phone and was very happy to find that it works great!

No model number on it though, sorry.

23. thedilanger

thedilanger

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but its difficult waiting for GT5 especially since its been pushed back to summer. In the mean time i traded my non-backward compatible PS3 for a lauch 60gig. Ever since i have been playing GT4 with it and it helps with the wait for GT5. I have a problem with photo mode though. Has anybody been able to get photo mode to save to a usb device while playing the game on a PS3? and if so, how?

Nevermind. apparently GT4 doesn't play nice when you try to use your cell phone as a flash drive. Just in case anyone else was wondering

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  24. adamsign

adamsign

My Cruzer Micro 2 GB drive works without a problem.

25. PinkKitty13

PinkKitty13

If anyone wants to know, the new Dane- Elec flash drives work with all ps2 s