GT4 Photo Mode Storage Options

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 714 comments
SanDisc Cruzer Mini 1GB works fine. Got a brand new one and just removed
all the CruzerLock stuff that was on the card, so that it was completely empty.
Cruzer Micro 128 works fine too.

WhiteSW20
have anyone tried reformmating the Cruzer Mini 512mb ?
did it work?
if so wut did u use to format?

thanks

Artz

if it really doesn't work I guess I'll get myself a cruzer micro or some stuff that is cheap and works

Hey guys
I know Maskrider said it before but I like to confirm it again that the Sony Micro Vault below works. :) Mine arrived this morning and works a treat :)
48_1_b.JPG

Well, I know it may mean nothing to the discussion, but as soon as I got my Sandisk Cruzer Mini 256 and deleted the stupid CruzerLock software, I started to run some test using Action Replay Max.
I was successfully able to copy some savegame files from my memory card to the PC and play some MP3 and DivX files from the PC on the PS2 using MAX Media Player.
So, at least I know this Flash Drive works with the PS2... Compatibility with GT4 itself is another history. I have to wait my friend Rafael's copy to arrive and go to his place tryout some solutions... It's time to keep my fingers crossed!!!

nnap
SanDisc Cruzer Mini 1GB works fine. Got a brand new one and just removed
all the CruzerLock stuff that was on the card, so that it was completely empty.
Cruzer Micro 128 works fine too.

wow thanks for the info.
Ya I formatted my Cruzer Mini 512 and emptied out all the programs alrady on the drive

I'll try it when I go to my gf's house where GT4 is at right now :( my PS2 can't play import GT4.... stupid swap mod

NEO-EP3R
Hey guys
I know Maskrider said it before but I like to confirm it again that the Sony Micro Vault below works. :) Mine arrived this morning and works a treat :)
48_1_b.JPG

How much did that model or the 512mb version cost?

WhiteSW20
wow thanks for the info.
Ya I formatted my Cruzer Mini 512 and emptied out all the programs alrady on the drive

I'll try it when I go to my gf's house where GT4 is at right now :( my PS2 can't play import GT4.... stupid swap mod
Please, report it back to the forum as soon as you can if your Cruzer Mini 512 works on your friend's GT4. If it does, there's a good chance my 256 works too...

Stune
I bought mine from Ebay. Type in "Sony Micro Vault" and loads will come up at very low prices. Theres one currently on auction at 99p :drool:

NEO-EP3R
Stune
I bought mine from Ebay. Type in "Sony Micro Vault" and loads will come up at very low prices. Theres one currently on auction at 99p :drool:
How expensif are these things and how to use it/ what can you do with it.

PS: Does it require to have your PS2 near to your PC?

How can i upload the things, that way i can post a couple of video's, ps how do you get the video's to run smooth and have top quality?
Plus we might be able to send each other memory card savefiles to each other, so you don't have to unlock everything to have an spin at the Formula 1 car.

Darts
Did you even bother to check up Ebay auction like I mentioned above?
This topic is about Photo Mode, you can only store photos in the USB flash memory devices.
You simply plug it into the USB port of your PS2, upload the photos, unplug it, plug it into your PC, a storage drive will appear under My Computer and there you can play around with the photos.

sorry guys, i have been busy for a few days

i WILL update the list as soon as i get home as for some reason it's not letting me edit posts at work.

one HUGE request,
from here on down, please post in this format:
----format----
Manufacturer
Model
Working (yes or no)
----format----
please do not request other memory cards to be tested
please read the first post to see if your memorycard or reader has been confirmed working or not
please do not post if the memory card you tested has already been listed as working
please do not post irrelevent comments
please do not post lik3 7h1s 1 4m t3h r0x0rz or THIS WORKS GUYS!!! CHEK ME OUT@#!@$
please DO use common sense.

if it's not posted on here, that means:
a) people have not tried it
b) people have tried it but do not read this thread
c) people do not own the hardware you're requesting

it's a hassle to read through everything to find 10 requests to test, 5 re-confirmations, and 1 new piece of info.

thanks for your cooperation :)

MelloBoy
Confirmed working hardware:
- Kingston Data Traveller USB Pen Drive

Can anyone confirm that this is the standard Data Traveller, not the DT II or the DT Elite? I hope so, since I've already ordered the 256MB model. :)

I was interested in a Kingston Data Traveller USB Pen Drive ...don't know which is working, standard Data Traveller, DT II or the DT Elite....

Brioso
I was interested in a Kingston Data Traveller USB Pen Drive ...don't know which is working, standard Data Traveller, DT II or the DT Elite....

That's two of us then. Can the person who confirmed the Kingston Data Traveler please check here and tell us which model is confirmed? TIA. :)

Sven
I got GT4 yesterday. I just tried my MaxDrive stick, and it didn't work. Then I reformatted it using "MS-DOS Format" in my Mac's Disc Utility, and it worked perfectly.

Excellent... :D So all I'll have to do is fiddle with it a bit. It is an acceptable sacrifice to make to save me the trouble of buying another flash drive. :)

I had a feeling that's all it was.. physically, it's no different from any other flash drive, so it should work.

Cruzer Mini 256MB works.

Just delete everything off it, format it to FAT 32 (you can leave whatever you had as a label, doesn't matter; mine's LOCUST 2) and just plug it in your PS2 and go. GT4 will save it to your USB drive in a folder called "GT4" with each image saved as "IMG0001.JPG"

Here's some info if it makes any difference:
55006 GT White Console
Chinese version GT4 Legit
Magic Pro mod chip (having no problems booting up, but that's for another thread)

For all you with a Cruzer Mini who's pissed off; ENJOY!

i tihnk any of the usb thingys will work aslong as you format it to FAT32? am gonna try mine now, it didnt work before, am just formatting it to a FAT32, il see how that goes and let u guys know

and it doesnt work :yuck:

The Locust
Cruzer Mini 256MB works.

Just delete everything off it, format it to FAT 32 (you can leave whatever you had as a label, doesn't matter; mine's LOCUST 2) and just plug it in your PS2 and go. GT4 will save it to your USB drive in a folder called "GT4" with each image saved as "IMG0001.JPG"

Here's some info if it makes any difference:
55006 GT White Console
Chinese version GT4 Legit
Magic Pro mod chip (having no problems booting up, but that's for another thread)

For all you with a Cruzer Mini who's pissed off; ENJOY!

that's the greatest news :) thanks locust!
finally found out

BRENTON8907
your kidding right... :) because if your not I am so happy :) :) :) :)

naa mate, am not joking, thats what i use atm, but it drains the battery like mad! can only save like 7-8 photos (each takes about 4-5mins to save :yuck: )

Back