GT4 Photo Mode Storage Options

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 714 comments
The Locust
Cruzer Mini 256MB works.

Just delete everything off it, format it to FAT 32 (you can leave whatever you had as a label, doesn't matter; mine's LOCUST 2) and just plug it in your PS2 and go. GT4 will save it to your USB drive in a folder called "GT4" with each image saved as "IMG0001.JPG"

Here's some info if it makes any difference:
55006 GT White Console
Chinese version GT4 Legit
Magic Pro mod chip (having no problems booting up, but that's for another thread)

For all you with a Cruzer Mini who's pissed off; ENJOY!
Excerpt from D12's "My Band" lyrics:

DUDE, I LOVE YOU MAN!

I'm SOOOOOO happy! You just made my day! I was extremely worried that I spent a LOT of money on something that wouldn't work in GT4...

But now, everything's right in the world...

s2000lover
naa mate, am not joking, thats what i use atm, but it drains the battery like mad! can only save like 7-8 photos (each takes about 4-5mins to save :yuck: )
ty dude for the confermation... somehow i thought it was too good to be true :dopey:

fporto_br:

You're welcome, but it's "Dude I love your band!" that the white guy screams out.

Not that I would know, I hate Eminem and anything he stands for. =P

don't suppose theres anyway I can test to see if my Nikon D70 will work

when I plug it into the PC it registers it as a mass storage device is it possible it also connects VIA USB 2

Giancarlo
Jeez that's at least 80,000 pictures. :lol:

I'm fine with the 1,000 or so pictures a 16MB flash drive will have..

Well, each pics ranged from 170k to 250k, so it's actually more like 100 pics. Which is MORE than enough; I can even take 1 pic for each car in my garage

...when I get 100 cars. =)

CrackHoor
That's two of us then. Can the person who confirmed the Kingston Data Traveler please check here and tell us which model is confirmed? TIA. :)

I have the Kingston Data Traveler 256MB. Model number KUSBDTI/256. Works great for GT4. Zero problems straight out of the package. 👍

39001 Series PS2 (V7)
Magic 3.1 Modchip
GT4 Asia ver. SCAJ-30006

KR_555
I have the Kingston Data Traveler 256MB. Model number KUSBDTI/256. Works great for GT4. Zero problems straight out of the package. 👍

39001 Series PS2 (V7)
Magic 3.1 Modchip
GT4 Asia ver. SCAJ-30006

k, il prob buy that then, :)

KR_555

39001 Series PS2 (V7)
Magic 3.1 Modchip
GT4 Asia ver. SCAJ-30006

is yours same as this one?

03_1_b.JPG

I have a 7 in 1 card reader/writer usb 2.0 is compatibile second you with the PS2??I can save the photos?
I have to disposition, mmc, compact flash and rs mmc!
You to me say, at least you do not buy the USB pen.

Excuse me for my little English!

The Locust
Well, each pics ranged from 170k to 250k, so it's actually more like 100 pics. Which is MORE than enough; I can even take 1 pic for each car in my garage

...when I get 100 cars. =)

According to the Google calculator, 250 kilobytes = 0.244140625 megabytes. So you're right, my bad.

A bit off. :lol:

KR_555

Phew! Thanks, I just got the same one and was hoping I wouldn't end up kicking myself... :)

I didn't all things on the thread but I have a few questions.

I want to know that a external hard disk from maxtor works on the PS2,
a Freecom 128mb USB flashdrive (www.usbstick.com) works
and a card reader with MMC(Multi Media Card) from 512 mb will work?

thanks

I may be way off on this but I think a possible reason the first post hasnt been updated is because nobody is following Mello's request which basically asks to not post unless you are confirming compatibility of a device that has not yet been mentioned in the thread. the thread is bloated with people requesting that specific devices be tested and Im sure it would be a pain in the butt to sift through all the requests just to find the few posts that actually are confirming that certain devices work. also, some people arent posting correct or specific make and models.

MelloBoy
sorry guys, i have been busy for a few days

i WILL update the list as soon as i get home as for some reason it's not letting me edit posts at work.

one HUGE request,
from here on down, please post in this format:
----format----
Manufacturer
Model
Working (yes or no)
----format----
please do not request other memory cards to be tested
please read the first post to see if your memorycard or reader has been confirmed working or not
please do not post if the memory card you tested has already been listed as working
please do not post irrelevent comments
please do not post lik3 7h1s 1 4m t3h r0x0rz or THIS WORKS GUYS!!! CHEK ME OUT@#!@$
please DO use common sense.

if it's not posted on here, that means:
a) people have not tried it
b) people have tried it but do not read this thread
c) people do not own the hardware you're requesting

it's a hassle to read through everything to find 10 requests to test, 5 re-confirmations, and 1 new piece of info.

thanks for your cooperation :)

3rd gen ipod works, the U2 version doesnt

128mb San cruze flash disk works also

and i think if 128 and 256 works, i would think 512 would do the same...

Back