GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 21

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 182 comments
I couldn't get any good pictures this week, here's the best I could do

Final Entry

Preview

Comments welcome

The second car isn't very clear, Slick6 is this valid?

I don't want to sound rude but i don't recall any rivalry between VW and Audi. It's a great photo though. 👍

Swissbear
Yes, it's listed as a touring car but it's not a DTM touring car. They have lesser classes of touring cars in Europe (kinda like the Busch series in NASCAR) and I think the car your talking about (the white 320i touring car it's not an M3) would fall into that catagory.

The 330i Touring Car was quite succesful in the ETCC - European Touring Car Championship, winning the 2004 c'ship with Priaulx. This series has now become the WTCC (World Touring CC). The cars are mass-produced based racers, with around 250bhp.

RenesisEvo
Am I still allowed to enter this week??
Yes, but as soon as you build up three warnings I will decide the length of suspension. I'm sure it won't happen again. 👍

treefingers
Slick, does my pic fit the theme, or do i need to make a new one?
If you can provide proof that they are some sort of rival I can let it go, otherwise you will have to come up with something different.

The second car isn't very clear, Slick6 is this valid?
If the background car is a Lancer Evolution which it appears to be, then yes. 👍

I couldn't get any good pictures this week, here's the best I could do

What are you talking about? That picture is great! The sun rays really give it a nice look, and the motion blur is good as well. Nice job!👍

I'd say Audi and VW are competitors...sort of like the "sibling rivalry" reason that someone else used. Both AWD cars from the same major manufacturer, in the way that camaros and firebirds are somewhat rivals. At least each car's followers look down upon the other car's followers. The same thing tends to happen with VW and Audi fans at times.

👍
RenesisEvo
The 330i Touring Car was quite succesful in the ETCC - European Touring Car Championship, winning the 2004 c'ship with Priaulx. This series has now become the WTCC (World Touring CC). The cars are mass-produced based racers, with around 250bhp.

Good points. Yes the 330i was but the 320i was in a lesser class even then the 330i. And it goes a long way to support what I said originally...that there are no BMW DTM cars in GT4.

👍 :cheers:

ok, i'll take the obvious one.

--------------------
.: Final Entry :.
--------------------

--------------------------
.: Honorable Mentions :.
--------------------------

I'd like to add on to this, i just got back from the DTM website www.dtm.de there are NO
BMW racers there... I think i don't remember EVER seeing any Bimmer in the DTM.

Swissbear
👍

Good points. Yes the 330i was but the 320i was in a lesser class even then the 330i. And it goes a long way to support what I said originally...that there are no BMW DTM cars in GT4.

👍 :cheers:

thanks for the euro racing lesson guys. :)

Final Entry: Impreza STi vs Lancer Evolution - late 90s..
Preview:

Thumb:

@ Jon_GT4 : There's an intruder in your photo.

* This week’s competition will be restricted to "Rivalries" as chosen by myself (Slick6) under instruction of week 19 winner jmx2222.

* Further explanation of theme:
* Cars: Famous rivalries such as the Subaru WRX vs. Lancer Evolution or Camaro vs. Mustang
* Any rivalry that is not well known must have to proof to back it up.
* Track: Any location
* Must contain only the two subjects in the photo.

JTSnooks
I'd say Audi and VW are competitors...sort of like the "sibling rivalry" reason that someone else used. Both AWD cars from the same major manufacturer, in the way that camaros and firebirds are somewhat rivals. At least each car's followers look down upon the other car's followers. The same thing tends to happen with VW and Audi fans at times.

I disagree. These cars are in different price ranges are they not? VW has the lower end affordable dependable cars and Audi leans towards the presitigious performance engineering vehicle.

Slick6
If the background car is a Lancer Evolution which it appears to be, then yes. 👍

Yes it is, thanks for letting me know slick6 👍

440 CHARGER
What are you talking about? That picture is great! The sun rays really give it a nice look, and the motion blur is good as well. Nice job!👍

Thanks 440 Charger, I just wasn't getting anything which I liked but if you approve I'll stick with it 👍

Back