GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 24

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 244 comments
FINAL ENTREE!

preeview
preeview5vc.jpg

how did you manage to double the filesize? 664kb seems a bit excessive.

If you're using photoshop there's no need to save jpegs any higher than level 10, it's much better to use the 'save for web' option.

I used to save stuff at 12 but then I did some experimenting and while you can notice the difference between the quality settings in photoshop, when the pics are side by side on a web page they appear identical.

440 CHARGER
Very nice JMX! Some nice bling bling there!👍

Thanx Charger your pic looks good too...bmw rulez:)

@div&franz: i saw it also but at the moment i have no time for another shooting

jmx2222
Thanx Charger your pic looks good too...bmw rulez:)

@div&franz: i saw it also but at the moment i have no time for another shooting

Doesn't matter much...we were the only one seeing it.

buggymaster
honestly man those jaggy wheels look great, kinda like something you would see on a poster 👍
imo, those mags simply dont fit on that car. i'm not a rice fan... it's just too much for me to be nice. although, the picture looks good.

Valkendorm
FINAL ENTRY

In my oponion this result can't be made within the rules of the competition. But then is my question as follows. How do you guys check. You can already change some stuff in PS but were is the limit.

I know, it's in the rules. But something like this pic has been changed with stuff and tools, filters that are not in the rules. I'm pretty sure of it.

And that's wy i find it rather difficult to compete in such a comp. There is just to much cheating imo.

And please, don't take this as an offense. I just took yr pic out because imo it was obvious there. I could be wrong but....

And if this is made within the rules then wow,wow,wow......

Mistral
imo, those mags simply dont fit on that car. i'm not a rice fan... it's just too much for me to be nice. although, the picture looks good.

it's a matter of taste...some like it - some don't ... that's ok

anyway it's as the rules asked for: "Midnight Pimpish Club Dub Stylo" :)

speedthrill
In my oponion this result can't be made within the rules of the competition. But then is my question as follows. How do you guys check. You can already change some stuff in PS but were is the limit.

I know, it's in the rules. But something like this pic has been changed with stuff and tools, filters that are not in the rules. I'm pretty sure of it.

And that's wy i find it rather difficult to compete in such a comp. There is just to much cheating imo.

And please, don't take this as an offense. I just took yr pic out because imo it was obvious there. I could be wrong but....

Then wow,wow,wow ;)

Well thank you for finding my pic nice. But that's funny since I thought some people would think there are rules violations in this pic when there is not. Actually, the only thing done here has been brightness/contrast and resize to 800x600 dimensions.

You can try for yourself, here's the original pic.

From this pic do:

- Auto Contrast (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L)
- Adjust Brightness (-5 i think) and Contrast (+10)
- Resize 800x600 (Bicubic resample)

And for the kick of it, I even took a pic from afar to have a view of how I did it.

Here's the "inspiration" pic:

Zooming in created some black fuzzyness around the photo, which I thought was cool.

Thanks again. :)

speedthrill

what exactly are you on about?
i don't see anything in that picture that looks like cheating.
no evidence of any filters or funny-business is in that photo... looks as he said, like a contrast bump and resize.

I've been searching the net for some info on that car. The question is, is it street legal? If so then it's a road car and thus is allowed.
I'm not sure, yet.

its a d1 car... i highly doubt its street legal
i certainly don't see a place to put a license plate

Dr_Watson
what exactly are you on about?
i don't see anything in that picture that looks like cheating.
no evidence of any filters or funny-business is in that photo... looks as he said, like a contrast bump and resize.

I think what he is on about (this is just my guess obviously) is the color of the car. That red is, um, so red. IMO that's not what a red car normally looks like when it's dark. Take a look at any other red car on this track and they mostly look like for example this one here.
Or the Motul ad fence above, same thing. But maybe there's a spotlight or something that makes the color so bright, or a bug in photomode somewhere. Strange.

JTSnooks
Wasn't there something in the rules about avoiding tuner cars? And no, that Blitz car isn't street legal :)

if your refering to my chaser, the rules only state road cars with Hp between 300-600. so it falls on the criteria, the blitz on the other hand is a drift competition car not a road car.

Back