GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 24

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 244 comments
Syntax error
if your refering to my chaser, the rules only state road cars with Hp between 300-600. so it falls on the criteria, the blitz on the other hand is a drift competition car not a road car.
Nope, I was only referring to the Blitz. Sorry, I guess it did kinda look like I switched what I was talking about there. Nothing wrong with the Chaser :)

I agree with Slick6 and Dr_Watson. This Skyline is designed for track-drift. I doubt this car is street legal. It's a racing car more than a street car for me.

@ atlop : Valk surely took this pic right under a spot light and the color is then brighten, right? Valk could confirm my statement.

JTSnooks
Nope, I was only referring to the Blitz. Sorry, I guess it did kinda look like I switched what I was talking about there. Nothing wrong with the Chaser :)

:cheers:

atlop
I think what he is on about (this is just my guess obviously) is the color of the car. That red is, um, so red. IMO that's not what a red car normally looks like when it's dark. Take a look at any other red car on this track and they mostly look like for example this one here.
Or the Motul ad fence above, same thing. But maybe there's a spotlight or something that makes the color so bright, or a bug in photomode somewhere. Strange.

yeah, that was what i was "on" about. Really now that i've seen the proof, wow, wow, WOW,.... Beautifull pic, I'll probably vote for you. 👍 :)

Hey EvoLancer, those are some GREAT pics...but what's up with the quality? Looks like you saved them to the memory card first or something. If it weren't for the pixellation they'd be awesome. Make sure you save directly to the USB stick...and if that's not the problem, then I have no idea what's going on.

nice one G-man, not a big fan of the truck, but that shots says bling bling..hehe definalty midnight club look 👍

JTSnooks, I did save them directly to USB. I think that the way imageshack resizes the pics, it sometimes makes them appear pixelated. Try saving to disk and viewing them 100%. If they're still pixelated, I might have to upload them again.

Even at full size the photo looks pixelated.
Here are some preventive measures:
- Set quality to Super Fine in Photomode Options
- When saving the photo in Photoshop, make sure the quality is not lower than 10.
- Resize the pic to 800x600

:)

ps.
Approx. 12 hours to go before i choose my Top 20.

Final Entry

img0042small3qd.jpg

Syntax error
nice one G-man, not a big fan of the truck, but that shots says bling bling..hehe definalty midnight club look 👍

cool, thanks Syntax :) I think my original entry might have been the first in this comp to use these rims, then I started seeing some really great entries w/ the same rims, so I thought I might use another image from the same session with a tad more realism. This was my original entry, looking a tad cartonish in the grill area:

edit: sorry jmx2222, just went through and saw yours w/ those rims on the 1st page! :) Well, those were the first that came to mind when I first saw the theme anyway :)

Looking at the front of that car (in the above post), i can't help but think that you used some sort of diffuse filter to get the nice and round edges. Mind you it might just aswell be the way that car simply is. :)

6 hours untill the deadline. :)

GTChamp2003
Looking at the front of that car (in the above post), i can't help but think that you used some sort of diffuse filter to get the nice and round edges. Mind you it might just aswell be the way that car simply is. :)

6 hours untill the deadline. :)

Nope, all modifications were within the rules on that one, and I myself was pretty suprised how the image came out. It certainly dispelled any skepticism of any cheating I had for most of the past competitions :) I do have the original for anyone interested...

First week I've decided to participate, saw a nice theme. Picked my car days ago, and it seems S12ken and I share similar tastes ;).

Anyways, here's my Final Entry:

Honorable mention:

Wasn't easy narrowing down my pictures :ill:

(EDIT): If anybody could inform me how to get the size measurements in my thumbnails, that'd be super. I'm new to Photobucket :embarrassed:

(EDIT2): Note to self: Read more carefully after a night shift. Smack self in forehead as reminder.

Thanks stumpy, I need to pay more attention these days. All fixed :)

g-man
sorry jmx2222, just went through and saw yours w/ those rims on the 1st page! :) Well, those were the first that came to mind when I first saw the theme anyway :)

no problem...you can send me Cr.500 next week :dopey: :dopey: :dopey: :dopey: :dopey:

Nice photo Shiva.
I'll be picking the Top 20 in approx. 30 minutes so get your entries in while you can. :)

I pretty much decided on what the Top 20 will be.

I just need to clear a few things up. You see i have saved all of the photos when they were posted. I was going thru the thread once again to see if there were any updates and i saw that san_andreas_man has accidently deleted his entry and he can't participate anymore. The funny thing is that i have his photo on my HDD and it is currently in the Top 20.

Final call. Are you in or out san_andreas_man?
If you don't reply within 20 minutes then i will unfortunately have to replace your photo with that of someone else.

Sorry for the delay everyone. I just don't want to regret things later on.

Why not just enter him anyway and keep a 21st entry in your pocket, in case he comes on and decides he doesn't want to stay in the comp?

That way the rest of the field gets to know if they're in or not...

Latest Posts

Back