GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 5

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 300 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems TsLeng is going to have quite a difficult time picking only 20 entries. I think it's TsLeng that's choosing.

It is Blackbird. And yes, this week has got some REALLY GOOD shots!

I'm glad I don't have to narrow it down, last week was hard enough.

First post to the board, I thought I'd give this photo competition a try...

FINAL ENTRY

Some awesome pictures folks 👍 TsLeng- sure is going to have a tough time picking out the top 20...

DRT2RM
Hmm, a lot of entries. Here's my attempt ... a photo from Mission 34 :)

FINAL ENTRY

FINAL ENTRY

I can tell that will be in the top 20 for sure. Great shot! 👍

speedthrill
final entry

edit: maybe a little explanation why i took this picture for my final entry.

First of all it really show how the ring feels in real life IMO. Such a giant track were you are racing around in with yr (compared) very little car,lol.

If you have been there you'll know what i mean.

Second the foto came out beautifull and in the panorama thread smbd said it looked very realistic.

That's wy i think this picture represents the best of the ring :)

cheers

that looks quality

redhed17
Here's my Final Entry
I've updated an earlier entry. I hope nobody minds.

Love it... not enough portrait pictures if you ask me... great use of the graffiti on the track... it's going to be difficult shortlisting this week's pictures, but I hope this is one of them... v. cool

Touring Mars
Love it... not enough portrait pictures if you ask me... great use of the graffiti on the track... it's going to be difficult shortlisting this week's pictures, but I hope this is one of them... v. cool

My avatar is from a portrait shot. Beautiful one. :)

I'm slightly biased because the monitor I use (at work) is rotatable, and hence I can get the full benefit from portrait mode pics! Obviously most people prefer landscape because that is what the vast majority of monitors are, but portrait mode pics can allow you to do different and cool things with your pics (like Redhed's example), hence why I'm surprised at how few people choose to submit portrait mode pictures... keep 'em coming, that's what I say! :)

Touring Mars
I'm slightly biased because the monitor I use (at work) is rotatable, and hence I can get the full benefit from portrait mode pics! Obviously most people prefer landscape because that is what the vast majority of monitors are, but portrait mode pics can allow you to do different and cool things with your pics (like Redhed's example), hence why I'm surprised at how few people choose to submit portrait mode pictures... keep 'em coming, that's what I say! :)

Well if We ever get a competition about the Tsukuba(sp?) or JGTC cars that picture will be my first choice for sure. ;)

Touring Mars
I actually had a couple portrait style photos that I was about to use as my entry :

But I didn't think it was as good as my final entry, and I felt I had to use the final corner of Mission 34 since it caused me a lot of frustration haha :D

it is just really unbelievable the amount of GREAT shots that have been submited this week........
wonderful job on everyones part..........
Good luck everyone..........

Air

Found it hard to both capture the track and the car and get the feeling of both, so I gave up trying and came up with this.

Well it seems TsLeng is going to have quite a difficult time picking only 20 entries. I think it's TsLeng that's choosing.

I think I'm gonna die :crazy:

So if you don't wanna go through this 'labour-inducing' process, i suggest you submit crappy photos in order not to win :dopey:

DRT2RM
I actually had a couple portrait style photos that I was about to use as my entry :

But I didn't think it was as good as my final entry, and I felt I had to use the final corner of Mission 34 since it caused me a lot of frustration haha :D
I like these 2 better .... just my opinion 👍
I think it is not easy to take a good looking vertical photo
maybe you stick with horizontal one will be more acceptable by voters

JettaZoom
Found it hard to both capture the track and the car and get the feeling of both, so I gave up trying and came up with this.

an overly close picture of all the nasty jaggies on the car?

someone should take shots of any pitch black car (black and no reflection)
so pretend a spy shot or something ...
you know there are lots pre-release cars test driving at Nurburgring

franz
I like these 2 better .... just my opinion 👍
I think it is not easy to take a good looking vertical photo
maybe you stick with horizontal one will be more acceptable by voters
Yeah, I tried to choose the one that I thought the majority of the people may like. Thanks for the compliments though :)

Final Entry

Photoshopped to increase contrast and add a little signature.

Heavy shadows and the high contrast in this photo suggest a late-afternoon setting. Everyone's had their fun for the day and are on their way home, leaving the 'Ring spartan of cars. The driver of the M3 rejoices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back