GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 9

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 155 comments
Div is back
Here are 4 of my pics, I need help on chosing Ze One, I like the far away one but I just don't know, it may appeal to me but not the public.

definitely one of the bridge pictures

Posted this elsewhere too but it seemed appropriate here also.

pixeljunkynz
FINAL ENTRY

franz
you got my vote ... 👍

440 CHARGER
Yeah, Mine too!:drool:

That's a FANTASTIC shot pixel! It would be even more fantastic if you got the entire car in the shot!

This is exactly one of the reasons why I made the suggestion of NOT posting the final entries on a thread like this. It's a great pic but the whole voting public has now been influenced BEFORE the voting actually begins. Whether or not Franz or 440 vote for this pic is irrelevant, someone who might want to enter the comp sees postings like this and decides that his entry wouldn't be good enough to enter when in reality his might just be better. But niether he nor the rest of us will ever know.

Div is back
Here are 4 of my pics, I need help on chosing Ze One, I like the far away one but I just don't know, it may appeal to me but not the public.

Wasn't the "I need help choosing" topic already cussed and discussed last week. The way I remember it, someone got a heavy ration of poo-poo about asking the same thing. Something about growing some balls and choosing one for himself. I wonder why it's OK for some to do this and not others? hmmmm :confused:

Final Entry

Might as well have some fun with this.

Daimler-Benz Motor Carriage 1886

The ORIGINAL MR car

Edit: The first one I submitted bombed at ImageShack. Behold it's replacement. :)

Swiss, how'd you get the Damiler (or whatever it is) onto Tokyo, it would let me. Maybe its my disc though.

Swissbear
Wasn't the "I need help choosing" topic already cussed and discussed last week. The way I remember it, someone got a heavy ration of poo-poo about asking the same thing. Something about growing some balls and choosing one for himself. I wonder why it's OK for some to do this and not others? hmmmm :confused:
Just report it to a moderator and quit whining.

Edit: I see you started a thread about this. Much better than just complaining. Have you entered this week?

Final Entry:

Honorable mentions:

Swissbear

LandoAWD
Just report it to a moderator and quit whining.

I didn't know that bringing up a valid point was whining. But I guess to some people it is. I'm not whining, I could care less whether someone asks for help or not it their problem if they can't decide. Just thought it was odd that when a newbie to the comp asks for help he gets flamed and when someone else asks it shrugged of. All I'm saying is that let's either flame them all or not. Because if we are "selective" about who gets flamed and who doesn't it gives one the impression that there's more to this "buddy-buddy" stuff than there should be.

Swissbear
All I'm saying is that let's either flame them all or not. Because if we are "selective" about who gets flamed and who doesn't it gives one the impression that there's more to this "buddy-buddy" stuff than there should be.
I think flaming everyone that broke the rules would lead to bannings. People just need to think before they post and even go through older competitions to see how they run.

Then again, common sense is a rare thing on the Internet. :indiff:

Ishar
Swiss, how'd you get the Damiler (or whatever it is) onto Tokyo, it would let me. Maybe its my disc though.

Not trying to sound like a smart-alec Ishar..... I just got in it and went to the City Courses and picked Tokyo and went for a photo drive. It took almost 12 minutes to get to the turn markers for the double right handers before the run down to where the track goes under the bridge. And even then it didn't have enough umpf to get itself up the little rise right there. Fun stuff. :)

THE PROBLEM

The problem with people posting "honarable mentions" or multiple pics is you take away possibles for other people. There are only so many "settings" etc... that one can take pics, especially when we have a narrow topic.

If you post four pics you are likely posting one that is like someone elses, however they worked it a bit more and may think it is their best pic, but since you have now put it on the board they can't use it because it will look like they stole your idea.

JUST A THOUGHT 💡

JettaZoom
THE PROBLEM

The problem with people posting "honarable mentions" or multiple pics is you take away possibles for other people. There are only so many "settings" etc... that one can take pics, especially when we have a narrow topic.

If you post four pics you are likely posting one that is like someone elses, however they worked it a bit more and may think it is their best pic, but since you have now put it on the board they can't use it because it will look like they stole your idea.

JUST A THOUGHT 💡
Interesting. If someone takes a pic that makes "honorable mention" and recreates it as their own and makes it a Final Entry does it matter? Only the finals really count in this. I will say that 4-6 honorable mentions is quite excessive. The drift photo competition has a 2 "extra" pic limit and that has been going quite well.

Swissbear
Not trying to sound like a smart-alec Ishar..... I just got in it and went to the City Courses and picked Tokyo and went for a photo drive. It took almost 12 minutes to get to the turn markers for the double right handers before the run down to where the track goes under the bridge. And even then it didn't have enough umpf to get itself up the little rise right there. Fun stuff. :)

Must be my disc then. maybe theres some dust over that part? Oh well. I have my pics in. I tried to get a pic in the pits, but it wont let me. As much smoke as I could going backwards in my little Lotus.

Back