GT4 Photomode Magazine Cover: Week 2

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have changed a few things, heres a few of my mag covers..

The first one I have just added the month and a shadow.
The second I was just having fun
Third Pic has the car made more vibrant so its brighter and more colorful
The Fourth has the shadow removed on a different angle.

Let me know what you think is best and what combinations will work togetehr better.

awqert
hey eastly send me wunna those spoon tuning mag's huh

Have you ever seen the EDIT button on the bottom of your posts? That way you can put everything into one post, and STOP SPAMMING! You just did a triple post for no reason at all! You might get some people mad around here!

440 CHARGER
Have you ever seen the EDIT button on the bottom of your posts? That way you can put everything into one post, and STOP SPAMMING! You just did a triple post for no reason at all! You might get some people mad around here!

I was so excited when I saw you just posted so I had to check if you made a comment on my 4 Pics above, But to my disapointment I was wrong.

eastley
Why is it that no one ever comments about my Covers? Are they honestly that crap? If so then point out what is wrong with them so I can fix them...

:lol: I like it too. I thought it looked pretty sweet. :D:tup:

eastley
I was so excited when I saw you just posted so I had to check if you made a comment on my 4 Pics above, But to my disapointment I was wrong.

Well, if you were really going to get that excited about me commenting about your cover, I guess I will.

First things first, I don't like the drop shadow behind the car, or the greyish background. The backgound needs something like a texture or a greyed out, opace photo. Maybe do like I did for the Truckin' cover and darken the background. Now as far as the drop shadow goes on the Civic, maybe bring it closer to the car outline and soften it up a bit by increasing its size. Just my thoughts. Everything else looks good, except maybe get a deeper, more orangish yellow, know what I mean. Move the color spectrum closer to red, but not much. Other than that, there isnt much more I can suggest.

Oh, and BTW, I like the third one better. Deeper colors always look better IMO.

Final Entry

Fast Fours and Rotaries name, credit to Brock5000. :lol:👍

Good luck to everyone this week!

MCX .. Awesome job ..
man! I want to work on my entry so bad
This is my most favorite theme I want to make for mag
unfortuniately I have to write my final exam tmr and next week ...
and I have to pick top entries from 2 photo mode competitions
(funny I won 2 competitions in the same week :D )
think I just made myself into troubles :indiff:

Slick ... your new entry is much better 👍

440 CHARGER
Well, if you were really going to get that excited about me commenting about your cover, I guess I will.

First things first, I don't like the drop shadow behind the car, or the greyish background. The backgound needs something like a texture or a greyed out, opace photo. Maybe do like I did for the Truckin' cover and darken the background. Now as far as the drop shadow goes on the Civic, maybe bring it closer to the car outline and soften it up a bit by increasing its size. Just my thoughts. Everything else looks good, except maybe get a deeper, more orangish yellow, know what I mean. Move the color spectrum closer to red, but not much. Other than that, there isnt much more I can suggest.

Oh, and BTW, I like the third one better. Deeper colors always look better IMO.

OK, So how abou this one???

much better!

don't be afraid to put coverlines over the car, you should be able to read the main tag line from a thumbnal. all that space over the windscreen and bonnet gone to waste... ;)

you might also want to shorten the tagline itself, it's a bit of a mouthful! something like "Spoon Civic Type R around the 'Ring!" is enough to get the point across, and you can make it bigger and thus stand out more.

the insert pic needs work, I'd go for something entirely different from what you have as the main cover image - the point of insert pics is to show potential customers that the mag has more on offer inside. A different model car or a wheel buyer's guide is an obvious choice, but there's plenty of other thigns you can do.

other than that it looks pretty good, you're on the right track.

Brock5000
much better!

don't be afraid to put coverlines over the car, you should be able to read the main tag line from a thumbnal. all that space over the windscreen and bonnet gone to waste... ;)

you might also want to shorten the tagline itself, it's a bit of a mouthful! something like "Spoon Civic Type R around the 'Ring!" is enough to get the point across, and you can make it bigger and thus stand out more.

the insert pic needs work, I'd go for something entirely different from what you have as the main cover image - the point of insert pics is to show potential customers that the mag has more on offer inside. A different model car or a wheel buyer's guide is an obvious choice, but there's plenty of other thigns you can do.

other than that it looks pretty good, you're on the right track.

Thanks Brocky, and thanks to everyone else who has gave me a pointer.
I am working on a new one now but I have a space left and cannot work out what to put in it..

Edit: I have just cooked up another one in the oven..

http://img199.echo.cx/my.php?image=magcomp288re.jpg

I think is is the best one yet...

440 CHARGER
awqert
hey eastly send me wunna those spoon tuning mag's huh
Nope, Trolls don't get us mad, they just annoy us for a short moment.

Note his newly rewarded user title?

AO

Evo Paul
That is very good! The blue background makes the title jump out at you 👍

I was going to have a Wheel where the Evo is but I could not get a descent pic of one, 440 Charger had a good one on his first weeks effort. I wonder how he got it or done it?

Thanks Evo Paul, It is NOT my final Entry as I might change it yet...

eastley
Thanks Brocky, and thanks to everyone else who has gave me a pointer.
I am working on a new one now but I have a space left and cannot work out what to put in it..

Edit: I have just cooked up another one in the oven..

I think is is the best one yet...

Eastley, that is looking great! It is much more appealing to the eye and eye-catching. Now I only have one more suggestion, and that is the font of the "Spoon Tuning". I think you should maybe leave the "tunning" alone, but for the "spoon", I would try to match the actual spoon font on the front of the Civic. And make it black. I think It would really stand out if you did that. And maybe match the orangish color of of the title to the yellow on the car. But otherwise, it's looking really really great!👍

Slick6
My updated "FINAL ENTRY".

And Slick, is that the Porsche 911 font in your title and teasers? Just curios, because I just downloaded a font that looks just like it and its called Porsche 911.

440 CHARGER
Eastley, that is looking great! It is much more appealing to the eye and eye-catching. Now I only have one more suggestion, and that is the font of the "Spoon Tuning". I think you should maybe leave the "tunning" alone, but for the "spoon", I would try to match the actual spoon font on the front of the Civic. And make it black. I think It would really stand out if you did that. And maybe match the orangish color of of the title to the yellow on the car. But otherwise, it's looking really really great!👍

And Slick, is that the Porsche 911 font in your title and teasers? Just curios, because I just downloaded a font that looks just like it and its called Porsche 911.

Any Idea of what Font that is on the Number Plate? And yeah the Color of the heading is a little to orangy i'll tone it down a little... Thanks man

eastley
Any Idea of what Font that is on the Number Plate? And yeah the Color of the heading is a little to orangy i'll tone it down a little... Thanks man

I could'nt tell what font that is, since there are millions of fonts out there, but seeing that it's a pretty basic san-serif font, you could probably reproduce it pretty easily with a basic san-serif font. Make it italics, (if possible), or free transform it. That would be my suggestions. Also, you could try placing the font on top of the number plate and size it and free transform it until it looked about right. Skew, distort, scale, whatever. That's probably what I would do.

franz
MCX .. Awesome job ..

Thanks! Some good entries already this week... I can see everyone getting better and this comp getting tougher as the weeks go on. :D

eastley, that cover's getting better as you go, good job staying with it!

Evo Paul
Lookin good 👍 Title looks a bit pixelated tho

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I did'nt want to put down anyones cover so I did'nt say anything. But since you did... I can't really suggest anything except scanning it in really big if you are able too, or if you have autocad you can trace it and render out a large raster image, and then bring it back into photoshop. Otherwise, u r outa luck. If you want, I could render out a big file for you in autocad...

Hey ladz i juss thought i would have a go aswell they all looked pretty gd and they inspired me to do one so let me kno wot you think of my first one thanx

👍

440 CHARGER
Slick, is that the Porsche 911 font in your title and teasers? Just curios, because I just downloaded a font that looks just like it and its called Porsche 911.
Yes. 👍

🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I still can't find a font close enough to the Spoon font. And when i do it can't be bold and Italic!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back