GT4 Photomode Magazine Cover: Week 2

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
eastley
🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I still can't find a font close enough to the Spoon font. And when i do it can't be bold and Italic!!!!

ACTUALLY, IT CAN! It is done in the character palatte. If you highlight your text, you will notice severall T's in the bottom of the character palatte that allow you to make it bolder and italic! These are called Faux Italics, Faux Bold, etc. etc. etc. And they can be done with any font imaginable.

But if you cannot seem to get the font at the right slant or skew, you can always get the font size close to where you want, and than rasterized. Than you can go to Edit-Transform-, and there you will several options like skew, distort, scale, etc. etc. etc. When using distort and skew, all of the little handles do different things. You just have to mess around with it until you get what you want. But dont distort and skew it too many times or your text will begin to become a little pixelated and blurry, so be careful.

Thought this might be helpful to ya Eastley!:)

Here is a picture to help you out:

440 CHARGER
Yeah, I noticed that too, but I did'nt want to put down anyones cover so I did'nt say anything. But since you did... I can't really suggest anything except scanning it in really big if you are able too, or if you have autocad you can trace it and render out a large raster image, and then bring it back into photoshop. Otherwise, u r outa luck. If you want, I could render out a big file for you in autocad...

Or he could just reduce the image size to 75% or 50% so it fits on one screen and softens up all the pixels. Thats the simplest way I know....

:D

440 CHARGER
ACTUALLY, IT CAN! It is done in the character palatte. If you highlight your text, you will notice severall T's in the bottom of the character palatte that allow you to make it bolder and italic! These are called Faux Italics, Faux Bold, etc. etc. etc. And they can be done with any font imaginable.

But if you cannot seem to get the font at the right slant or skew, you can always get the font size close to where you want, and than rasterized. Than you can go to Edit-Transform-, and there you will several options like skew, distort, scale, etc. etc. etc. When using distort and skew, all of the little handles do different things. You just have to mess around with it until you get what you want. But dont distort and skew it too many times or your text will begin to become a little pixelated and blurry, so be careful.

Thought this might be helpful to ya Eastley!:)

Here is a picture to help you out:

Wicked!!! I never even knew about that Charactor Pallette, I have only been using Photoshop for a whole week or so. Thanks a alot man..

Heres where I am upto!!

eastley
Wicked!!! I never even knew about that Charactor Pallette, I have only been using Photoshop for a whole week or so. Thanks a hell of alo man..

Heres where I am upto!!

The S looks good, but the poon needs to be scrunched. But there is only one way to go about getting the poon scrunched, and this is how:
Copy the Spoon text so you have 2 Spoon titles. Now on one of the Spoons, delete the S, and on the other, delete the poon. Then on the poon, do an edit-free transform, and just bring the one of the middle handles up or down to scrunch the poon. Then, just line the 2 back up, link the 2 layers, and that should look better!👍

440 CHARGER
The S looks good, but the poon needs to be scrunched. But there is only one way to go about getting the poon scrunched, and this is how:
Copy the Spoon text so you have 2 Spoon titles. Now on one of the Spoons, delete the S, and on the other, delete the poon. Then on the poon, do an edit-free transform, and just bring the one of the middle handles up or down to scrunch the poon. Then, just line the 2 back up, link the 2 layers, and that should look better!👍

I already had the S and Poon on seperate layers, so that was easy.

I have changed it slightly now..

440 CHARGER
NEW SIG! Thanks 440! :dopey:👍

FINAL ENTRY

Achk, so now you guys have changed the theme! Oh well, I'll just enter my entry how it is, if it doesn't fit the theme just leave it out of the poll :).

Sources: VW Logo, http://www.brandsoftheworld.com. Paperclip, http://images.ashford.com/ash/p7803x.jpg

hatchattacksmall7yy.jpg

Clicky to make biggishy.

eastley
WOW, that looks pretty cool. You got me beat already. What with it being August 2004?
I'm very fond of yours, I'd never be able to get a colour scheme like that to work. Anyway I can tell it's going to be a very close competiton with the high standard of entries, good luck! 👍

Oh and why August 2004? So that the content was relevant, I mean if I put April 2005, why have spy shots of a car that's already for sale :)!

ALPHA
I'm very fond of yours, I'd never be able to get a colour scheme like that to work. Anyway I can tell it's going to be a very close competiton with the high standard of entries, good luck! 👍

Oh and why August 2004? So that the content was relevant, I mean if I put April 2005, why have spy shots of a car that's already for sale :)!

Good Point. My entry has changed once again and is sitting on my PC waiting to be uploaded to imageShack and entered into the competition. It might even be changed again who knows. My 1 weeks of learning Photoshop won't win me this comp just yet, I would be thrilled if it did though. I can see you entry getting a few votes so good luck to you.

Here I come finally ... 6 Hours photoshoping 👍
It was pretty tough making interior
and I had no idea how to mod it nice
maybe I should play NFSU2 a bit more to get some idea :dopey:

Final Entry

all the entertainment stuff are searched from yahoo image
can't remember where exactly I got them
I know the stickers on the side are little bit weird
I had tried couple times but still didn't look right, so I gave up :(
for the Korean GT4 screen, I got that from NissanKoreaCEO or ruliweb forum
I am not a car audio freak, please don't blame for using wrong stuff :dunce:

franz

Final Entry

Very nice job!!!

I give up, people will vote for that over mine any day you watch, infact I might not even enter anymore.

Great work in Photoshop, that would of taken alot of hard work..

don't worry man ....
you have been improving alot from your first to the latest
try couple times you will know what to do
just think this comp is the way to learn new stuff
like those emboss, font adjustment stuff ...
it took me so long to get it done with old methods
now 440 just gave us lots of useful technqiue to get the work done quick
its nice to have some friendly rivals :D

franz
don't worry man ....
you have been improving alot from your first to the latest
try couple times you will know what to do
just think this comp is the way to learn new stuff
like those emboss, font adjustment stuff ...
it took me so long to get it done with old methods
now 440 just gave us lots of useful technqiue to get the work done quick
its nice to have some friendly rivals :D

Yeah 440 has helped me alot, my cover wouldn't look the same without him. Heres my cover so far, not sure if it will be the final product or not.

Edit: I put a couple more up, not sure what to go with.

Everyone make sure your final entry is marked since we are coming down to the end.

franz

Final Entry

I'd like to say painfully nice (cos it is) but i gotta say painfully rice ;)

[FPV]Rusty
I'd like to say painfully nice (cos it is) but i gotta say painfully rice ;)
thanks .... I understand how painful it is
I should put some steam on the floor to match 💡

25 layers
5 hours
1 magazine

Final Entry
(I posted twice, once in the beginning of the thread and one here, both are the same.)

franz

Final Entry

Nicely done franz, Nicely done!👍

thanks ....
I think overall quality of all entries improved alot from last week comp

Deadline is vaguely 8 pm EST tomarrow night, everyone make sure there Final Entry is marked so I don't forget anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back