GT4 Photomode Magazine Cover: Week 3

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 121 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
one amazing guy finally join us
I don't have high hope winning anymore
j/k ... welcome to our playground

please don't close this comp early! (it's still saturday arvo where I am)

I've got a really cool idea for the theme and I'm going to stay up tonight and have a go - I haven't had a chance to do anything all week & my ps2 is giving me the red stopwatch so I can't get any action shots, but I can get my shot from photo travel and I think you'll like it :)

Vicious VP
FINAL ENTRY
Good day all. Here is my offering for this week.

Everything on this cover is mine and there were no exterior sources used (other then the PS2 images :sly: )

The second thumb is for the MASSIVE image.

Enjoy!

Absolutely fantastic. Love it!

Overclocked412
Hey look, its a front wheel drive charger (smoke from front wheels) :lol: :cheers:
it's from a 4 wheel drift... if i put a pic of the back all you would see is tons of smoke and maybe a wheel... couldnt even tell what car it is.

but like i said, i cant take pics right now...

Make sure you have final entry's in, tomarrow is the deadline.

Overclocked412
To my knowledge your not allowed to use photoshop on the actual images besides cropping and brightness/contrast.

Well.... Yes you are lol what about 440's colorchange? And my yellow Mines Evo in last weeks?? What would be the point in having a photoshop magazine cover comp otherwise??!!

Vicious VP
FINAL ENTRY
Good day all. Here is my offering for this week.

Everything on this cover is mine and there were no exterior sources used (other then the PS2 images :sly: )

The second thumb is for the MASSIVE image.

Enjoy!

Wow, that's a lot of Photoshop work done there! Very nicely done BTW! All of the stickers have the proper skew and angle and look like stickers! And you have given all the of the graphics the proper lighting effects and everything... Very Impressive!👍

Evo Paul
Well.... Yes you are lol what about 440's colorchange? And my yellow Mines Evo in last weeks?? What would be the point in having a photoshop magazine cover comp otherwise??!!
I agree ... We are supposed to use photoshop to do whatever we want for the cover ... as long as most of the source are from GT4 photomode

franz
one amazing guy finally join us
I don't have high hope winning anymore
j/k ... welcome to our playground
Thanx Franz! Good to be here!

440 CHARGER
Wow, that's a lot of Photoshop work done there! Very nicely done BTW! All of the stickers have the proper skew and angle and look like stickers! And you have given all the of the graphics the proper lighting effects and everything... Very Impressive! 👍
Coming from a fellow designer, your praise means a lot 👍
I'm set to en role next term at The Art Institute of Portland to get a bachelors in Design Management for a mear $66,000.00 .... Argggg!

big-fat-weirdo
Absolutely fantastic. Love it!
Thank you Sir!

Vicious VP
Coming from a fellow designer, your praise means a lot 👍
I'm set to en role next term at The Art Institute of Portland to get a bachelors in Design Management for a mear $66,000.00 .... Argggg!

Wow, that's a lot of dough to drop on an education! Good to have you here! Looks like you will make it even more challenging for everyone! Best of wishes to ya!:)

440 CHARGER
Wow, that's a lot of dough to drop on an education! Good to have you here! Looks like you will make it even more challenging for everyone! Best of wishes to ya!:)
Yah, the 66K is a tough bit to swallow, but there is no beter design school in the state. It will just be strange going back to school after so long. After all, I graduated High School the year after you were born! Hehehe!

I am wondering ... is it easy to find a graphic design job?
It sounds like a very competitive and unstable job

franz
I am wondering ... is it easy to find a graphic design job?
It sounds like a very competitive and unstable job

I don't think it's too terribly hard. I think you pretty much have to have a good solid portfolio, recomendations, and you need to have that little peice of paper from a high end institution that says you have graduated! I guess I will find out in a couple years (hopefully) when I graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Graphics Technology. My dream job would be a texture artist for gaming and animation, but I am just dreaming...:drool:

Hey Vicious VP, I looked at your tutorials and you inspired me to do something like you have with your Mustang, with the vinyl graphics and all!

The car graphics arent all that great and I really did'nt know what to do at the rear of the car, but I was surprised at how well it turned out. I spent a couple hours on it, and even though this is off topic,( :scared: ) I want to post this to hear some feedback from a few of you guys on what you think of it!

Before... After!

That is the FPV GT in case you were wondering... A car I just discovered, and it's purdy sweet! I was going for the tuner look, and it's my first educated attempt at doing something of the like!:)

holy ****! you mean those graphics and stuff were put on that stang? (btw, nice 440...)

I was seriously going to ask where to get that special edition Mustang with the carbon hood!

Anywho, my entry should be served up soon, I have a good feeling about this week. I think the competition is going to be pretty stiff. I had quite a bit of confidence in my cover (until VP posted, bastard :P) but now I can see this is gonna be a good week!

edit: and it has! steaming hot, right from the oven. post 16 for anyone interested.

440 CHARGER
Before... After!
Very nice work dude! Very NFSU-ish but I love it!
and I really like that different colour brake clam .. great idea

if you wanna do more photoshop bodykits or upgrading stuff, but nowhere to post
check out the thread below if you haven't been there ...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59601
there are some guy like s2000lover, stumpydino, and Vicious VP made some fantasic works like that ... well including me :lol:

to reply earlier post, gaming industry is great ...
since I am only into racing genre, so if I can work for a game company (dreaming again), I hope I can work for racing games but no warcraft stuff ...
but noway I can get near to design industry for now. I didn't even study Art in high school :(

anyhow ... hope you will find a nice job when you graduate ... good luck

dori-san
edit: and it has! steaming hot, right from the oven. post 16 for anyone interested.
Nice. I like the US Flag in the bg of the 'zine title. The only thing I wondered about was the project header install was a little close to the viper, I thought that was the project car for a sec. Nice overall.

(good thing it's fictional... The complete history of ford vehicles would make a pretty darn thick magazine, lol 👍 )

BTW, My final entry is Post 11. Peace!

dori-san and MCX
Nice work .... I'll definitely read that complete ford history if you send me a copy :D
very tough competition this time ... wondering if viperzero will enter as well

MCX
Nice. I like the US Flag in the bg of the 'zine title. The only thing I wondered about was the project header install was a little close to the viper, I thought that was the project car for a sec. Nice overall.

(good thing it's fictional... The complete history of ford vehicles would make a pretty darn thick magazine, lol 👍 )

BTW, My final entry is Post 11. Peace!
whoops! it must've gotten shifted when I was moving everything around.

I put it where it rightfully belongs now, thanks for the heads up! 👍

Final entry

please excuse the crappy fonts & appaling drop shadows, I have nfi how to do them properly so I just cut & pasted about 500 layers of text on top of each other! :crazy:

the original shot didn't come out quite how I wanted it (too much glare from the headlights) but it's the overall effect that counts (I hope!)

Being that I love photoshop, and Grand Turismo, this stuff works out pretty good. I was just bored at 4am, so I made this. All pics taken were from my ps2.

**FINAL ENTRY**

Hope you guys like it, comments are welcome of course.

The magazine top I used was from a scan I did of the October, 1996 magazine. We have every issue from the start. I was going to grab a 1970 issue of hot rod magazine, but those are so burried it's not worth it.

OmicroN
Being that I love photoshop, and Grand Turismo, this stuff works out pretty good. I was just bored at 4am, so I made this. All pics taken were from my ps2.

**FINAL ENTRY**

Hope you guys like it, comments are welcome of course.

The magazine top I used was from a scan I did of the October, 1996 magazine. We have every issue from the start. I was going to grab a 1970 issue of hot rod magazine, but those are so burried it's not worth it.

Looks cool, the barcode ruins it for me though.

P.s

440 them grapics look cool, u cud do some better ones tho i recon :P :P

Evo I didn't see your Final Entry...is it the one with the Viper?

Alright then I'll start on the poll, just wanted to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back