GT4 Prize Cars!

• Thread starter synth61
  • 69 comments
Originally posted by Gek54
I am using composite, yhat must be why. How did you get Dscaler to get stills in wide screen? Mine kept resizing the images back to 4:3. Also, what deinterlacing mode do you use and do you use any filters?

The captures are fixed size and depends on your pixel width settings in the menu.

I set it to the max (768 pixels) to get the highest horizontal resolution captures.

I resize them to the right aspect ratio and convert to JPEG with Photoshop or ACDSee (for batch resize).

I use MoComp2 (deinterlacing mode) most of the time for 60fps games, for 30fps games, I usually select 2:2 pulldown flip on odd/even depends on the game.

You can set the source aspect ratio in the AspectRatio menu.

SAA7130 based cards are the best in video quality from my experience (I have compared those Conexant Bt878 and CX23881 based cards with my current one, and they are laying inside their boxes at the moment).

And BTW, default video settings for SAA7130 based cards are no good, I use my own custom settings.

Originally posted by synth61
you want small cars?? here's another one... this was after finishing the red license tests, all GOLD... of course. the nsx slalom test took me forever!!

this car i also saw at the tokyo motor show. while the specs aren't listed in GT4P... these are the specs from the official suzuki catalog from the show.

Suzuki Concept S2
1.597L 4-cyl 16v DOHC
6-speed MT
Front Engine-Front Drive

one of the guys i was with told me this engine is supposed to put out like 140hp. but this is TOTAL speculation.

here's the pic. -syn

Some R/L data of this car : the website says it has the engine of the Ignis Super 1600 Rally Car, but with 4WD. Correct?

suzuki-concept-s.jpg

http://www.new-cars.com/concept/2003/photos/suzuki-concept-s.jpg

The Mitsubishi I. I has 68ps. I is slow as hell. I is automatic only. Why? Beccause I only has one gear. I can go about 180kmph if I is lucky. :banghead:

i.jpg

itoo.jpg

Originally posted by Buggy Boy
Some R/L data of this car : the website says it has the engine of the Ignis Super 1600 Rally Car, but with 4WD. Correct?

i'm not 100% sure, but i think that's a different car. the website you linked has the 'Concept S'. the prize car and the car i saw at the motor show was the 'Concept S2.' For the S2 SUzuki is still contemplating whether to release a convertible version or not.

as of now, i only have 4 golds on purple. i've been stuck on the test with the Nissan Z Roadster having to overtake the other Z roadster at Tsukuba. wish me luck.

-syn

EDIT: Gek54, did you get all golds for green, orange, blue and red? I saw the suzuki concept S2 in the bottom of your car selection screen. congrats! good luck with the purples.

Yeah I have all golds on the first page except the last cone challenge with the RX-7. I will get it though. That 350Z one that you are on is the first one real test to give me trouble. I am still trying to get it. The next one is much easier.

Damn I love this game!:D

Purple golds are HELL.

First few is play in the park, but from 4th licence onwards, it's just a pure frustration and helldome.

But, it's a best ever seen piece of challenge ever seen in a GT series. And I love it a phuckn lot!!

Just waiting to see what is the prize for purple golds, and I guess there is aprize for the golds in Coffe Break section.

BTW: Has anyone found the purpose of the codes you get in "records" section? Where they can be inputted?

BTW 2: There is a big licencing text for Laguna Seca Circuit in Credits section of the game. Surprisingly, Laguna Seca is not in GT4P. Or is it hidden somewhere? Intresting...:cool:

I'm still trying to get gold on the test with the Xanavi skyline. Whoever thought that knocking cones down within a time limit was a good idea needs a good hard punch in the face. Although that purple one in the S2000 wasn't too bad.

Originally posted by amar212
Purple golds are HELL.

First few is play in the park, but from 4th licence onwards, it's just a pure frustration and helldome.

BTW: Has anyone found the purpose of the codes you get in "records" section? Where they can be inputted?

BTW 2: There is a big licencing text for Laguna Seca Circuit in Credits section of the game. Surprisingly, Laguna Seca is not in GT4P. Or is it hidden somewhere? Intresting...:cool:

btw: i've read speculation on other boards that says those codes might be so you don't have to do the license tests all over again in the real GT4.

btw2: really? laguna seca in the credits section... hmmm... i was wondering why there are left and right scroll arrows in the course selection menu for arcade mode. maybe that's what you get for gold coffee breaks.

i'm still stuck on purple test 4. my best was .024 seconds from gold. and now i can't even come close to that anymore. like you said, HELL... but it's still fun. i mean think of the bragging rights once someone gets all gold in purple.
-syn

What the hell are up with those helmets in the Moto Triathalon Race Car???? Looks lke the helmet for the nija dude in MGS2.

Should be the one for purple license, I will not magically drive that much better for a day to be awarded all the cars, I use Action Replay to unlock all cars, I have uploaded more shots on the prize cars.

But I did get 51 (50 usual ones, 1 prize car) out of the 63 cars by myself. :)

Here are 2 for Honda Sports Concept

gt4p-cars-63-06.jpg

gt4p-cars-63-07.jpg

Better question is:

Who managed to drove those licences with gold in just few days?

Maniacs all around the world - unite!

Don't know who did it, but I congratualte him. Or to his GameShark.

Originally posted by maskrider
Should be the one for purple license, I will not magically drive that much better for a day to be awarded all the cars, I use Action Replay to unlock all cars, I have uploaded more shots on the prize cars.

They have codes already?

Dude.

I'll keep toiling away at the licences.

Originally posted by Race Idiot
They have codes already?

Dude.

I'll keep toiling away at the licences.

Well, I certainly will still keep playing to get all the cars in my currently playing Chinese version. And also for the Arcade mode tracks.

Just that I saw a posted code for the Japanese version and it got me so tempted to see all the cars and I did it, bought a Japanese version and used the code on it. Crazy me.

Hey Maskrider, have you found any codes for the extra tracks? I'm wondering about it for a few days...

No codes for any others yet. Only cars at the moment (indeed, it simply fool the system that you have get all Gold in the School Mode as seen from the School mode status)

I have even bought a GT4 Prologue memory card today for all my GT related saves, ha ha !

gt4p-memory-card.jpg

Originally posted by Gek54
Maskrider, you cheater!

He he ! I cheat to take a close look on all the cars, but I didn't cheat during play and I will get all the remaining cars by myself in my playing version. :D

Originally posted by live4speed
On the Toyota? It is a CVT on that.

It seems like it, but it's actually not from what I can tell. A CVT revs up to maximum power and stays there, changing ratios in order to increase speed while maintaining revs. The transmission on the Toyota, however, has a set rpm for each speed...the transmission doesn't change ratios. I'm trying to find out more about this car, particularly how it can pull just as hard at 1500 rpm as it can at 5000 rpm, making 1 extra long gear possible.

Also, don't know if you've tried this, but the Toyota also goes just as fast in reverse as it does in forward, similar to the Variomatic transmissions used in old DAF passenger cars.

Wierd. :odd:

Originally posted by Heep
It seems like it, but it's actually not from what I can tell. A CVT revs up to maximum power and stays there, changing ratios in order to increase speed while maintaining revs. The transmission on the Toyota, however, has a set rpm for each speed...the transmission doesn't change ratios. I'm trying to find out more about this car, particularly how it can pull just as hard at 1500 rpm as it can at 5000 rpm, making 1 extra long gear possible.

Also, don't know if you've tried this, but the Toyota also goes just as fast in reverse as it does in forward, similar to the Variomatic transmissions used in old DAF passenger cars.

Wierd. :odd:

Yes you're right on this one, the Motor Triathlon Racecar has standard transmission but with only one gear ratio.
The reason why it can pull so strongly throughout the rev range is that it has actually an electric motor on it :D
You can always hear it's completely silent when not under load ( =when standing still or on neutral (tap e-brake)

im new to gtp and sorry 4 goin off on a tangent here, but the last gt game to come to the uk was gtc toky-geneva which was missing a lot of cars (due to the poxy licensing and for that lamborghini should forever burn in hell). im really desparate for gt4, but where can i get a copy of prologue, n if i can - will i need a chipped ps2 2 run it?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Better question is:

Who managed to drove those licences with gold in just few days?

Maniacs all around the world - unite!

Don't know who did it, but I congratualte him. Or to his GameShark.

Quite a few people did it ... ;) And though I had to use the DS2 for lesson 2, I did all other lessons with the accelleration bug as an extra handicap too. :lol:

A.

Originally posted by Suppa Buddha
Holy crap! That GT4 memory card is awesome! I should have waited for that. I just got a regular one yesterday.

I'm hoping they're going to do another PS2 + GT4 package. I got mine when it was the PS2 + GT3 package. The box was red as are the GT3 disk and box. I wish the PS2 would have been red as well, with special firmware or something. And if it included a red memory card that would have been cool. Maybe they'll do all that with GT4 as we've seen in other posts.

So I pushed my way through the entire school-mode in GT4P this weekend. 7g,4s,34b (or something like that)...not good really but now I'll go back and go for golds, I jsut wanted to open up all the cars I could.

My Impressions of the cars thus far.

- I am so pleased to find the 03 spec WRC Subaru Imprezza in the game. I saw a WRC imprezza in the videos but figured is just the same 99 spec GT3 one. Well I found both are in the GT4P...but the 03 spec is so much more fun to drive. Being the subaru fan i am I love driving the almost current spec imprezza!

- The ford GT is disappointing. I was excited aboutt his thinking "cool, the new Ford GT model!" but driving it in the school mdoe and then more time with it in arcade mode aorund Fuji and Tsukuba I am not so excited. I much prefer the classic GT40 road car model in GT3 in all areas, including looks....maybe the race car version GT will be nicer if it appears in GT4...there is something cool about driving the classic 60s "ferrari" killer but driving the ne retor model just seems cheesy...in real life the new GT is becoming lamer and lamer to me...

- The new 03 spec lupo is sweet, major fun to drive! One of my fav cars in GT3 made better.

- The Takata NSX is SWEET, my favorite race car in GT4P. I loved the ones in GT3 (especially the orange one) but the takata, newer spec model, is insane. Around Fuji, especially turn one....wow!

- The Nissan March is one FUN car!!!!

- The McLaren....not good, not bad...but not as cool as I though. Though the school mode lesson you get the mclaren in is a blast, it took me a few tries to pass it but i passed it with a silver on the third try (passed the 2nd car on the final corner). I'm not a huge fan of the GT-one or the R390 in GT3 9I much prefer the 787b for that type of leman's car) but thrown the mclaren into that list and it settles out like this for me... 787b, mclaren, r390, gt-one. Of course we have to wait and see if those other three crs make their way into GT4, even if the mclaren does too. In a perfect would I think the current peugeot or checkered audi would rule all for this type of car...the bentley for closed cars....

- The lancia is a sweet car, the one in GT4P is the same as the one in GT3 (right?) but with the 900* wheel alot more fun to drive. If e are going to see more lancias (which would be cool) can we PLEASE get some rothman's porsche rally cars!

- I wish there was a RUF RGT in GT4P...I hope they (or their porsche base models) make it into GT4.

- street going lancers still suck..hahaha, though the newer one you get in the first time trial is probably the best one yet. I would LOVE to see the 04 spec WRC lancer show up in the final GT4 (finger's crossed).

- update the WRC focus already. The 99 spec model was, and still is, a mess. Gives us at least the 03 spec for GT4.

Back