GT4 Prize Cars!

• Thread starter synth61
  • 69 comments
v v tru, the old focus really got to me, as did the old peugeot, instead of selling the licenses to these cars for exclusives like colin mcrae and the like, why cant they sell the right to polyphony aswell. id like to see some ferrari cars in gt4 aswell as at least one saleen model, a useful one at that (unlike the pittiful mustang race car in gt2...)

do u remember the vector cars? and the venturi? they'd be excellent cars to have back in the game, i reckon all cars of past gt games should be included in 4, and im ecstatic that the McLaren is finally in there, especially since its the gorgeous long tail version. i hope it drives as well as it looks.

I'll admit the mclaren IS sexy...I love the long tail.

I'd LOVE....LOVE to have the new 307 WRC to drive in GT4 but it won't happen. I think the F1 and WRC games need the most current spec cars ut GT can get away with a broader mix of old and new. I'd also love to have a ferrari F2002 in GT4 but won't hold my breath.

The coolest thing would be 50s/60s Italian and english sports cars...

I think you can have ALL the current cars in the various specialized games, like the F1 games and WRC games. I sorta like that the GT series offers older cars

do u remember in gt2, the lotus europa, the shelby mustang, add the ferrari dino and the lamborghini miura, i think it'd make a cool feature of the game. infact, i think a game like gt copncept based on the old classics would be a great idea, maybe not stemming back to war time, thatd just be crazy, but definitely 60s n 70s. motor sports world should be brought back as a track too :D

i never played GT2...my GT starts with 3. I've been considering picking up GT2 but recently got GT4P so I am fixed on that now.

I do know GT2 had alot more car selection right?

More real circuits too....How fun would it be to race a 50s jag around the 14mile nurburing long circuit.....or a 50s grand prix car around monte!!!

gt2 had a colossal car selection with over 500 cars, many of which were reinvented skylines or lancers. however, there were some truly kick ass motors like the weigert vector w8.

That idea of the old nurburgring sounds excellent and would be a great alternative to complex string - trying to emulate the skyline's 5 minute lap would be a right laugh.

you say your gt collection starts with 3 - shame on you, the first was a great jaw dropper, the second an expansion, the third was simply witch craft. if you dont have concept, i recomend it for its arcade nature. i highly recoment you buy gt 1 and 2 plus concept, they're dirt cheap on ebay, authentic articles, not platinum i just got gt1 for £3.40 including p&p. its worth it for the retro style alone.

I only started playing GT about 1 year ago when I found GT3 for $19.99. Best $19.99 I ever spent!

I think I may pick up GT2. I found it for $5.99 in a "bargin bin" at a local store...maybe I'll run by tomorrow and pick it up.

I looked at GT concept...as much as I want to drive that Audi DTM TT I don't know...

For christs sake do we need more that 27 lancers and skylines in the damn game, isn't one enough of two lame cars.....ok I kid I can deal with the high end lancers but the skylines I just don't get at all....

Originally posted by scuderia229
...isn't one enough of two lame cars.....ok I kid I can deal with the high end lancers but the skylines I just don't get at all....

Ohh...fighting words! :)

The Skylines are understandable (as are the Lancers) - if you can follow this logic. Mind you, it may not be the correct logic, but it's a logical answer nonetheless.

The Skylines came in 3 distinct flavors that branch out to different versions: the R32, the R33, and the R34. I'm assuming that the car count to the earlier GT games was a big focal point and/or selling point. As a developer, why would you settle for 3 cars when you could invest very little time (since the modeling and car statistics are done, all that it should have taken is a re-skin and some new data entry) and bump those 3 into 9 or so separate cars.

Hence the the base models of the R32, the R33, the R34, and the Evo 6 branching out into Nismo versions, Mine's versions, V-Spec IIs, M Specs, and Tommi Makinen Editions. Little work for a "big" payout.

Personally, I like the fact that they are in. I say, better in the game than not in the game.

mine's versions are all very well, as are nismo and ralliart versions, but why were extra models made of the sake of a stripe? (the lancer evo 6 makkinen edition) if the car was written as the stripeless car, only with a stripe, thus saving disk space and creating an extra car for the memory it takes to remember a stripe, then ok, but if it was written on the disk as a completely separate entity, then for its similarity to the others, i feel its a bit of a waste of time, and personally, i'd rather see a more diverse range of vehicles.

Space wasn't an issue in GT3. The time it takes to create a car was. So adding this striped version was easy (little extra effort needed) ...

It makes sense (if you think of it from a developer's standpoint).

The buying public and media always talk about car counts when it comes to most racing games (or course they talk about other aspects as well).

Another texture is A LOT simpler to do than another model (as well as its driving characteristics).

That way, the developer can tally 5 separate cars to the same model. And the worst offenders of this are the most forgivable - the JGTC cars. They can grab the textures most from the real life versions, do a little clean up and slap it on the car...minimal work involved. But since JGTC are characterized by a driver and sponsor, they give something for people to latch on to .

Back