GT4 pushed to 2005

  • Thread starter Thread starter THE_MaKrUs
  • 157 comments
  • 9,497 views
lol 2 HUGE threads of the same topic. I am surprised the moderators didnt close one of these yet.
 
PD is just asking for a Molotov Cocktail... :grumpy: :trouble:
 
This isn't too surprising, the december date was never really set in stone, what pissess me off is, that you'd think this delay would mean internet support for the game, after all, if they missed the christmas season, then there's no rush right?
well, you can bet the game will NOT have online support, even with this delay.
 
I'm getting more and more tempted to cancel my preorder. First no online capability and now this. I might as well just cancel the GT4 preorder and start saving for a PS3.
 
Smoke_U_24/7
Well PD and SCEI has done it again! The pushback of GT4 will cause deep depression for most of the fans of this legendary game. ; )
I'm just as bummed-out as you guys are, but i'm kind of glad it happend. This now ensures (as said in the article) that GT4 will now become more of a complete car game. And if PD is indeed hiding certain aspects of the game from us, This one will be better than all of the GT games combined.

Yeah, that's probably the only good point about this delay. I wonder if Ferrari's and Porsche's are more of a possibility now than a dream? I also heard that the game will have at least 90 tracks....not including reverses? I'm not sure about that part. If it doesn't include reverses, than that is an enormous amount of tracks. I don't know what the main reason for the delay was, but either way, i'm still upset. But now we are guarenteed probably the best racing game ever. Guess there's nothing else to do but......sadly......wait longer.
 
SaintKamus
This isn't too surprising, the december date was never really set in stone, what pissess me off is, that you'd think this delay would mean internet support for the game, after all, if they missed the christmas season, then there's no rush right?
well, you can bet the game will NOT have online support, even with this delay.

what else do you expect, they got to maximise profits by selling both versions.
Dont forget PD havent Put a full title out for retail in over 3 years.

Currently lined up in front of me ,
A bottle of fine scotch, a large bottle of pills, a really sharp razor, a handgun, a rope with a noose and an empty PS2.
What to do now?
 
It seems to me that PD is pulling the "wallet on a string"-scam. Every time you think you're gonna have it, they pull on the string.

And I doubt we'll be seeing Ferrari's, Porsches, Lamborghini's, ... or online for that matter.

💡 Maybe if they release it summer 2005, they could do another prologue-edition. 💡 👎
 
I'd just like to point out that, besides all the whinning and the ' i'm never gonna buy this game' and bla bla...

Half-life2, as in exemple, is more then a year late, and to be honest... its just the best damn game ever made.

I think its time people grow up a little and stop complaining about this... who knows, with the delays, perharps they'll include more things, have better polish... even consider including the MP features ...

Hang in there guys, there are plenty of other games to play, GT4 will come out when its done, and its gonna be glorius.
 
bring-out-dead.jpg


Bring out'your demoo !!!​
 
RedOak
I'd just like to point out that, besides all the whinning and the ' i'm never gonna buy this game' and bla bla...

Half-life2, as in exemple, is more then a year late, and to be honest... its just the best damn game ever made.

I think its time people grow up a little and stop complaining about this... who knows, with the delays, perharps they'll include more things, have better polish... even consider including the MP features ...

Hang in there guys, there are plenty of other games to play, GT4 will come out when its done, and its gonna be glorius.

You are right to the matter that delays in itself doesn't have to be that bad. But the big problem here is how bad PD is dealing with this. I can fully understand all who get upset by this.

Ok if they would have said 2003 "hey, this is way out of our hands to complete it right now. We will be there in about a year and a half though" And then stuck to it. Much less frustrating then pushing the date forward 2-3 months at a time. When you really want something, a constant flow of loose, always broken semi-promises is like getting slapped in the face.
 
I AM INNNNNNNCCCCCCRRRRREEEEEEDDDDIIIIBBBLLLLYYYYYYYYY PIIIIISSSSEEEEDDDD OOOOOOOOOOFFFFF!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i was plannning to relax this holiday season with GT4 after this tiring semestre at school!!!!!!1. But noooooooooooooooo, PD had to do this 🤬 thing!
I'M :censored:pissed 🤬 🤬 🤬
 
You know. If you were to forget about GT4 for a while. The time will pass by quicker. Not only that, but there won't be so much p*ssy ass whinging. Sure I'm annoyed at the delay (Yet again), but I'm not gonna go suicidal. This just gives me a chance to do things. You guys should take that opportunity too. Some of you are acting like children. Some of you need to act your age. I know it's hard. I thought that I was bad, when it came to the females, but this takes the cake and it's only a video game.
 
The game is gold, it's fricking done. DONE. Now why the blue fricking hell, do they have to take 3 months to translate some crap? This game is already a year over-due. Now they just keep pushing it back. They should give us a demo or something to keep our mouths wet. Yeah America might get the game first, but we should, we didn' t get prologue or any GTC games. My opinion is that we are the hungriest for it. And with all this delay, they better have some GOD DAMN GOOD explanations why we can't have FERRARI, PORSCHE, LAMBO, and ONLINE PLAY! KY Says: Oh ho hum we aren't doing just a Ferrari game, and they still aren't there, so I'll just no give them a real answer and just say it couldn't happen unless we had more time, oh crap it has been delayed over a year, hmmm......"
Who gives a damn about drift and drag, give us our muscle cars and exotics. Cars that have been outside GT's door for years only to be forgotten. I would give up drift and drag for the following cars to be guaranteed:
Boss 429 Mustang
Mustang Mach1 (428 Cobra Jet)
Corvair
GTO Judge
Charger Daytona Hemi
Hemi Cuda
Superbird
Olds 442
Mustang GT (5.0 fox-body)
2003 or 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra
Ferrari:
Enzo
360 Challenge Stradale
F-430
F-50
F-40
Testarosa
Porshe:
2005 911
Carerra GT
911 GT3 Rally Car
Lambo:
Diablo VT 6.0
Muceilago
Gallardo
Countach
hell lets keep going:
Koenigsegg
CC8S
CCR
...okay well you all get my point, all these delays....
GT4 had better have some serious surprises....
or I'm sure people will be agitated. And I'm already pissed that I don't
get to wake up Christmass morning and get the game from Santa! :sly:
GOD DAMN YOU PD!!! :grumpy: :mad: :banghead: 🤬 🤬

Funny thing is, this is all John Carmack's fault, him and his "It's done when it's done" It basically gave all devs permission to say that to extend the release date way past their already said dates. It's not fair to us at the consumer level, if we want the game we have to buy it, and that's how they get the money for the next one, if we don't buy it we risk not getting another one. It's not fair, the game is done PD, lets have it pronto. You expect patience when you have worn it thinner and thinner, there is none left, delay this game again and I'm done with GT. No reason to keep BSing us only to leave out features we want....
 
I completely agree with ford 429 hemi.


Way to ruin christmas PD! (at least they get taught a lesson by missing out on the biggest ****ing buying season of the year....twice
 
:mad:🤬:banghead:🤬:mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬:mad::mad::mad:


WTF!?? PD should spend less time partying and more time ACTUALLY finishing the god damn game!!!:confused:🤬🤬
 
****ing sons of *****es.. i cant play halo2 and half life2 forever
 
I have a feeling they will be adding online play this time. Didn't we hear a rumor PD fixed the online issues sooner then thought? Oh well, it doens't really matter since I wont use it at all.

I can wait. So it takes a little longer to get the game then expected. Now you can ask for something else for Christymas.
 
Ford 429 Hemi
The game is gold, it's fricking done. DONE. Now why the blue fricking hell, do they have to take 3 months to translate some crap? This game is already a year over-due. Now they just keep pushing it back. They should give us a demo or something to keep our mouths wet. Yeah America might get the game first, but we should, we didn' t get prologue or any GTC games. My opinion is that we are the hungriest for it. And with all this delay, they better have some GOD DAMN GOOD explanations why we can't have FERRARI, PORSCHE, LAMBO, and ONLINE PLAY! KY Says: Oh ho hum we aren't doing just a Ferrari game, and they still aren't there, so I'll just no give them a real answer and just say it couldn't happen unless we had more time, oh crap it has been delayed over a year, hmmm......"
Who gives a damn about drift and drag, give us our muscle cars and exotics. Cars that have been outside GT's door for years only to be forgotten. I would give up drift and drag for the following cars to be guaranteed:
Boss 429 Mustang
Mustang Mach1 (428 Cobra Jet)
Corvair
GTO Judge
Charger Daytona Hemi
Hemi Cuda
Superbird
Olds 442
Mustang GT (5.0 fox-body)
2003 or 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra
Ferrari:
Enzo
360 Challenge Stradale
F-430
F-50
F-40
Testarosa
Porshe:
2005 911
Carerra GT
911 GT3 Rally Car
Lambo:
Diablo VT 6.0
Muceilago
Gallardo
Countach
hell lets keep going:
Koenigsegg
CC8S
CCR
...okay well you all get my point, all these delays....
GT4 had better have some serious surprises....
or I'm sure people will be agitated. And I'm already pissed that I don't
get to wake up Christmass morning and get the game from Santa! :sly:
GOD DAMN YOU PD!!! :grumpy: :mad: :banghead: 🤬 🤬

Funny thing is, this is all John Carmack's fault, him and his "It's done when it's done" It basically gave all devs permission to say that to extend the release date way past their already said dates. It's not fair to us at the consumer level, if we want the game we have to buy it, and that's how they get the money for the next one, if we don't buy it we risk not getting another one. It's not fair, the game is done PD, lets have it pronto. You expect patience when you have worn it thinner and thinner, there is none left, delay this game again and I'm done with GT. No reason to keep BSing us only to leave out features we want....

easy now. Good games take a lot of time. I wouldn't be pissed off at the developers as much as I would be at the their PR department.

Black95Z28
****ing sons of *****es.. i cant play halo2 and half life2 forever

Yes you can. :)

I'd say it's their loss for missing the Holiday shopping season. It's not strategically sound to release your game right after the biggest surge of consumerism is over. This just means that my DFP will collect more dust than I anticipated.

*plays Halo 2 and stops frowning*
 
This will probably cut initial sales in half.
It must be serious!
 
Thank god! This means that I will come back from my vacation just in time! :)
 
heads are gonna roll over missing the X-mas sales,this is real ba buisness, real bad

b
 
It's amazing how much complaining is going on now that the game has been pushed back. If I remember correctly, not too long ago, everyone was just about split down the middle over the fact that PD was releasing the game without online mode. Some people wanted the game pushed back again so that they could finish it. Well, guess what! You got your wish, people. It's being pushed back again, regardless of whether or not online will be included. If the game did indeed go gold, the reason for the delay is anyone's guess. If not (and big announcements like that have been false at times), then look forward to more content when it is released. Also, if it's pushed back for NTSC territories so that it is indeed being compiled with online mode, then wouldn't it seem sensible that the PAL territories should be getting their games sooner, seeing as though the online mode has been debugged and all that's left is to translate? There are too many technicalities here to really make a final word on it. I personally am not too worried.

-Metz
 
All I know for sure is that GT 4 is going to be released in 2005. Could be later half, 1st quater.
 
I bet PD had the game done but some lawyer or management at Sony threw a wrench into the works, thus holding the launch date up.

If the game actually went gold it isn't a shock that this happened due to the lawyers and managers involved.

I can only hope PD will take the extra few months to refine the game even more.

localization. It is huge and takes a long time and alot of resources, both from the developer end and the PR end. It is logical that this could hold it up too. Though for it it means someone dropped the ball somewhere on the issue.
 
Back