GT4 quit working. I had to return it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 65 comments
  • 3,936 views

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
Messages
18,565
United States
Michigan
Messages
CAMAROBOY69
I was about 30% thru the game and it froze up. I tried loading it on 2 different PS2 without the memory cards and the game never started ever again. It would freeze up at the intro screen. So I returned it and got another one. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else yet? When I took it back EB said they had several returned already.
 
CAMAROBOY69
I was about 30% thru the game and it froze up. I tried loading it on 2 different PS2 without the memory cards and the game never started ever again. It would freeze up at the intro screen. So I returned it and got another one. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else yet? When I took it back EB said they had several returned already.
I hope it doesn't happen to me! :scared: Luckily I got the lifetime disc warranty. If it ever gets scratched, I get a new one! :D only $5!
 
havent you heard? GT4 was deemed the buggiest game ever made! apparently they handed the game to a group of chimps, and the chimps groomed eachother with it, and hence they had tested the game and it was ready for release!!!!!

hooray!
 
Same thing happened to me, bought at EBgames online...

Closest EB store is ~45 minutes away. Were you able to get a refund/exchange?
 
veedubwill
havent you heard? GT4 was deemed the buggiest game ever made! apparently they handed the game to a group of chimps, and the chimps groomed eachother with it, and hence they had tested the game and it was ready for release!!!!!

hooray!
No, that honor goes to GTA: Vice City.:lol: Developers aren't perfect. Lay off. They did a better job than you could ever do. Whould you have rather gotten the game in June of 2006 completely bug-free? Be happy that you can play it at all.
 
Event Horizon
No, that honor goes to GTA: Vice City.:lol: Developers aren't perfect. Lay off. They did a better job than you could ever do. Whould you have rather gotten the game in June of 2006 completely bug-free? Be happy that you can play it at all.


I agree, don't say **** if you can't program a game make an official controller and market it to make more money than gt4 made/will make.
 
ZeroDrifter
I agree, don't say **** if you can't program a game make an official controller and market it to make more money than gt4 made/will make.


No, these people are paid VERY VERY well to deliver us this driving game the ammount of bugs are almost visible in every race, Shaky Screens, Games locking up, Garages dissapearing.


the GT series is always riddled with bugs. Days before GT4 I was playing GT3 and my lap time ended up getting stuck in the middle of my screen during the seattle endurance. and what about being able to beat GT1 (or was it GT2?) only to 99%

Its not like we're talking about obscure and awkward things happening every once in a great while, most of these bugs are visible almost every race.

I enjoy my GT4 just as much as anyone else but overall in the great scheme of video games and history it will doom itself to be nothing more then a satisfying sequal that could have been considerably more.
 
Well the shakiness isn't a thing that happens a lot to me, garage never left me yet. Well there is always probs, guess the gt series is cursed to it.
 
ChristmasGTO
No, these people are paid VERY VERY well to deliver us this driving game the ammount of bugs are almost visible in every race, Shaky Screens, Games locking up, Garages dissapearing.


the GT series is always riddled with bugs. Days before GT4 I was playing GT3 and my lap time ended up getting stuck in the middle of my screen during the seattle endurance. and what about being able to beat GT1 (or was it GT2?) only to 99%

Its not like we're talking about obscure and awkward things happening every once in a great while, most of these bugs are visible almost every race.

I enjoy my GT4 just as much as anyone else but overall in the great scheme of video games and history it will doom itself to be nothing more then a satisfying sequal that could have been considerably more.
My take on these issues:

Shaky Screen: Games always have graphical glitches. Always, since the beginning of games (well, maybe not Pong...)

Games Locking Up: Many things can cause this. Scratched disc, overheating PS2, Faulty hardware, misaligned laser, etc...

Garages Disappearing: Well, doesn't this happen only when people try to override the autsoave feature? That's basically cheating, and there are no guarantees on cheating. It's your own damn fault if you don't want to use autosave. Its there. Tough.

99% thing: Does the number reading 100% make you feel better? You know you got everything, why should just the number make you feel good? Dod you sleep better at night if this says 99%?

Lap Time thing: You can still play, can't you?
 
ZeroDrifter
Well the shakiness isn't a thing that happens a lot to me, garage never left me yet. Well there is always probs, guess the gt series is cursed to it.
Try going over to the GTA series. Glitches galore! GT is lucky to have so few, minor glitches.
 
In GTA you could get stuck inside endless voids that seems like your falling forever.
 
The only problem ive had is the jittering/shaky screen on some rolling starts, and only SS Route 5 and one or two other times on some other course. For me nothing has been that bad.
 
veedubwill
havent you heard? GT4 was deemed the buggiest game ever made! apparently they handed the game to a group of chimps, and the chimps groomed eachother with it, and hence they had tested the game and it was ready for release!!!!!

hooray!


No sorry the buggiest game ever released has got to be Driv3r. There's even a glitch in the name...
 
Velocity
No sorry the buggiest game ever released has got to be Driv3r. There's even a glitch in the name...
*ahem* we have a winner.
 
ZeroDrifter
Not sure if thats a joke but DRIV3R as in it makes the E and the 3.

Ya I know it's supposed to be like that. I just think it's perfectly ironic that they decided to do that and the game is as full of glitches as it is.

You can't even save a replay without it going nuts.

The GT series has been really good so far from what I've seen. I started with GT3 and I don't think I can honestly say I've ever seen a bug in it. AI aside the game always runs perfectly for me. I thought PD did a fabulous job on quality control.

GT4 is still very good, small stupid things. For the sheer depth and scope of the game I'm still impressed. It could have been a lot worse.
 
Event Horizon
My take on these issues:

Shaky Screen: Games always have graphical glitches. Always, since the beginning of games (well, maybe not Pong...)

Games Locking Up: Many things can cause this. Scratched disc, overheating PS2, Faulty hardware, misaligned laser, etc...

Garages Disappearing: Well, doesn't this happen only when people try to override the autsoave feature? That's basically cheating, and there are no guarantees on cheating. It's your own damn fault if you don't want to use autosave. Its there. Tough.

99% thing: Does the number reading 100% make you feel better? You know you got everything, why should just the number make you feel good? Dod you sleep better at night if this says 99%?

Lap Time thing: You can still play, can't you?


I very much doubt that the scratched disk or misaligned laser would be the proper culprit in these issues, i mean for some reason my PS2 seems fit to put an endless amount of dust onto my disks (and i have no idea why its completely clean) and I've had almost zero probs as in the locking up department.


On your garage comment, dont be a smart *** there are people that simply cannot drive or are not as good as other people, its not cheating, I use it, and I dont restart races and attempt to keep a perfect record, its something you should have the choice to do or not, Changing an autosave feature has no overall feature for the game whatsoever. If you're referring to gameshark, fine that i'll deal with, thats a 3rd party object that bassically pokes holes in game codes.
its NOT however an option built into the game that can have the possibility of losing your work. guess what kid its there, they put it there its their own fault it doesnt work properly tough.

right now B-spec is doing half of my 9 hour endurance for me, When I enter the pit stop my car pulls up to da** near a 90 degree angle with its a** end sticking completely up in the air. and yes I do have pictures its rediculous.

The lap timer thing in GT3 was annoying, would you ENJOY driving around 100 laps with 1.57.00 in bright blue accross your screen the half of your screen?


Bottom line is that wheither you want to sit there and say "no no these bugs, psh they are all the gam0rZ faults or their PS2's" Everyone has complained about some type of bug its A fact the severity of it veries from person to person.


 
ChristmasGTO
On your garage comment, dont be a smart *** there are people that simply cannot drive or are not as good as other people, its not cheating, I use it, and I dont restart races and attempt to keep a perfect record, its something you should have the choice to do or not, Changing an autosave feature has no overall feature for the game whatsoever. If you're referring to gameshark, fine that i'll deal with, thats a 3rd party object that bassically pokes holes in game codes.
its NOT however an option built into the game that can have the possibility of losing your work. guess what kid its there, they put it there its their own fault it doesnt work properly tough.

Autosave works. People are trying to avoid it and there is their problem.

That's 🤬 up. And hilarious!
 
Sorry if im comming off as a Di** event Im tired, and people have been complaining to make me do things for them all day, here are some more pics for your enjoyment, I got one of how high it goes:





its very consitant and does it at every pit forced or not rediculous no?
 
all i can say is bugs or not...this game blows people away with how stunning it is....i can deal with a shaking screen for 4 seconds, and i dont notice to many other bugs so it dont bother me at all...
 
I'm sorry, too GTO. I was kinda a dick too. THere are bigger things pissing me off with this game like the abysmall AI and the new city courses.... NOT a good combo!
 
Im not fond of too many of the courses either, El Capitan Looks amazing though.

But is it just me or does anyone else miss the GT3 version of Leguna Seca.

That signature turn doesnt seem 1/3rd as cool as before plus the evening setup was just plain awsome
 
ChristmasGTO
Im not fond of too many of the courses either, El Capitan Looks amazing though.

But is it just me or does anyone else miss the GT3 version of Leguna Seca.

That signature turn doesnt seem 1/3rd as cool as before plus the evening setup was just plain awsome
I like the new day setup, but that one turn before the corkscrew is awful. But thats the way it is IRL. back on topic!
 
Look everybody, about my comments earlier, im just pissed about GT4 because it seems like no testing whatsoever was done. Yeah GTA has glitches, but not something that appears EVERY TIME YOU DRIVE.. i mean, come on!

I was so pissed in GT3 about the torque, weight, length listings being in the metric system, --- i mean.. they KNOW they are selling this game to an american crowd... so i'm like - okay, i know for SURE they wont make any stupid miniscule mistakes like that in GT4.. but guess what? Weight is listed as KGs, not LBS... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! How could they test this game and not notice that? Or the screen shaking? Or the fact that miles dont count correctly when your racing... i mean...

its just frustrating when you know they've been working on this game for like 5 ****ing years and theres this degree of glitchyness.... GTA4 took like 2 years and i think they did a fabulous job, and i have nothing to gripe about as far as glitchyness... i dunno.

Think about it... if they had only beta-tested the game for a week, all these things would have been discovered... as far as i can tell, they just dont care!



Edit: OH, BTW... NO GTA game that has ever been made, or even driver, just STOPPED WORKING SUDDENLY AND NEVER WORKED AGAIN.... and this has been confirmed as a glitch that has been happening across the US.

Explain that one!
 
veedubwill
I was so pissed in GT3 about the torque, weight, length listings being in the metric system, --- i mean.. they KNOW they are selling this game to an american crowd... so i'm like - okay, i know for SURE they wont make any stupid miniscule mistakes like that in GT4.. but guess what? Weight is listed as KGs, not LBS... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! How could they test this game and not notice that?
Think about it... if they had only beta-tested the game for a week, all these things would have been discovered... as far as i can tell, they just dont care!
you do know that you can change the units of meaurements in the settings menu....right?

R.I.F.
 
was so pissed in GT3 about the torque
take the number and times it by seven., i could care less about the glitches. the graphics and game play is unbeleavible, and im getting better a drifting :dunce: lol



as for the Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

omg? that mustov tooken seconds to make 👍 lol thats sooo funny, it didnt even get scores from some gaming revew site :crazy:

NOT EVEN ENGLISH
 
Blues
The only problem ive had is the jittering/shaky screen on some rolling starts, and only SS Route 5 and one or two other times on some other course. For me nothing has been that bad.
Yeah and when you do the Shelby racing series it starts shaking a lot.
 
Isn't the U.S the only country not using the metric system? Although I'm use to it, I hate standard :yuck:
 
Do u smoke weed near yor PS2, ChristmasGTO?? Your PS2 seems to be jacked up! J/K
The only glitch I ever have gotten was the slight shakeys on the 400m Las Vegas run, right at the beginning of the run.
 
Back