GT4 quit working. I had to return it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 65 comments
  • 3,936 views
yes i know you can change the settings, but you cannot change the weight.
 
Event Horizon
Whould you have rather gotten the game in June of 2006 completely bug-free?
Yes. Cause they'd have probably gotten the online all worked out by then.
 
dori-san
Yes. Cause they'd have probably gotten the online all worked out by then.
But if they we're gonna be releasing it next June, you would be here along with everyone else that its not here.
 
When the game is delayed people complain.

When it FINALLY comes out people complain.

We Australians have to wait another bloody week for it to come out. In addition we have to pay $100 not $50 like you Americans. Am I complaining? In regards to the game itself....no.
 
veedubwill
glitchyness... i dunno.


Edit: OH, BTW... NO GTA game that has ever been made, or even driver, just STOPPED WORKING SUDDENLY AND NEVER WORKED AGAIN.... and this has been confirmed as a glitch that has been happening across the US.

i had a copy of gta4 which just stoped working for no reason
 
Hehe, that's the way the cookie crumbles. All that bought the game shut it! You deserve what you get. I was one of many the warned you all of how the GT series has become a joke. How quality control is not-existent and KY has lost the plot. "The game is made for KY and not the customers" remember that comment? You bought it and gave your money away. Now KY/PD/Sony are laughing all the way to the bank. Bugs/glitches, countless delays, broken promises and content towards the customer is the trademark of GT4. Those who bought the game are just suckers for punishment. :lol:

Get over it! Just pray for Enthusia and Forza Motorsport and maybe you'll feel a lot happier by summer.
 
How many times has Forza been delayed now, bud? It's up to, what, May 3rd?
 
jays83gsl
How many times has Forza been delayed now, bud? It's up to, what, May 3rd?

That's the best you could come up with? If they delay Forza Motorsport for 2 years I'll be making damn sure the game is good as it will instil mistrust in me. The game should have all the features promised and be polished/bug free. I will read reviews and go on forums or even rent it before I part with my £40. If it's not worth it I won't buy it. Simple. I'm the customer, so if it's not up to my standards I won't buy it.

Bet you bought GT4 before any of that. ;) Listen "bud" I detest stupidity. Nothing worst than advising people not to buy GT4 unless it's polished/bug free and has all the features promised, and them buy it anyway. Then they come to public forums and complain about the game.
 
this happened to me last night but i tried it again this morning and it worked. i guess i should get it exchanged just in case.
 
Akina Racer
When the game is delayed people complain.

When it FINALLY comes out people complain.

We Australians have to wait another bloody week for it to come out. In addition we have to pay $100 not $50 like you Americans. Am I complaining? In regards to the game itself....no.

A week?! More like 3 days from today (7th) and today is almost over.
 
but still that feels like 3 weeks :) just hang in there australian friends, youll get it
 
Akina Racer
When the game is delayed people complain.

When it FINALLY comes out people complain.

We Australians have to wait another bloody week for it to come out. In addition we have to pay $100 not $50 like you Americans. Am I complaining? In regards to the game itself....no.
Well people expected it earlier. Release dates were given when they shouldn't have been.

It's a pretty buggy game that they had a long time to work on. Nearly everyone is having the screen issue. That should not have ever made it to the public. If I buy something, I expect it to be problem free (I know no game is perfect, but this wide spread issue should not have happened). I will probably try to return the game at some point in the future (bought the extra guarantee thing or whatever it is from EB).

Your money isn't the same as ours.
 
Kremithefrog
Well people expected it earlier. Release dates were given when they shouldn't have been.

It's a pretty buggy game that they had a long time to work on. Nearly everyone is having the screen issue. That should not have ever made it to the public. If I buy something, I expect it to be problem free (I know no game is perfect, but this wide spread issue should not have happened). I will probably try to return the game at some point in the future (bought the extra guarantee thing or whatever it is from EB).

Your money isn't the same as ours.

Nearly everyone in the US is having the stutter screen problem, people that have the PAL and NTSCj versions dont seem to have that problem as far as I know.

Right now $1 US is worth about $0.79 AUS, if you game was $50 our should be $63 AUS but it retails at $99.95
 
VIPERGTSR01
Right now $1 US is worth about $0.79 AUS, if you game was $50 our should be $63 AUS but it retails at $99.95
That's true. Can you not buy the American version or European version for cheaper?
 
Kremithefrog
That's true. Can you not buy the American version or European version for cheaper?

Probably but I dont have a mod chip anyway.
 
We can't buy games from US because of the region differences. (although you could get around this with a modchip and a NTSC compatible TV) Besides, from what I have been hearing the PAL version does not have all the bugs the NA version has.

As for the difference in dollars between Australian and US(Currently AU$1 = US79.02 cents) retailers here seem to think that US dollars are worth double ours, therefore the DFP for example costs AU$300 (370 with GT4).

It's thanks to that difference I can only get a DF (200 with GT4), I can't order one overseas (even though it would be cheaper) because the US uses 120volt power supply and we use 240volt.
 
Daimos
As for the difference in dollars between Australian and US(Currently AU$1 = US79.02 cents) retailers here seem to think that US dollars are worth double ours, therefore the DFP for example costs AU$300 (370 with GT4).

I pre ordered for my nephew(I already have a DFP) DFP+GT4 combo for $299 at EB.

The transformer is in the power cord for the DFP, So you could still get it from the US then buy a 240V powercord over here and it would still work out cheaper, but more bother. Thats what I did for my digicam charger when I went to the US.
 
Well the Australian version is nearly here and I have to say that hardly any bugs were in it. The screen shacking problem is gone, so is the distance thing. There have been no reported problems with the game not working on some PS2's. The wacky AUTOSAVE things still remains though. infact we have no restricted just "ON" or "OFF" but even with it off it still saves your game when ever you jump in a car I think.

We don't get as many cars as the US version either.

Forza Motorsport is made by Microsoft and anyone who knows anything about Computers know that Microsoft is a BUG itself. There a hopeless company, and they take other company's Idea's all the time. But how ever if they still enough Idea's they might make a good racing game.

I am also pissed at the fact that PD have delayed GT4 for so long and these bugs still remain. But hey, we asked for more in the game they pushed for more and look what happens?
 
eastley
We don't get as many cars as the US version either.

Why? Which ones are we missing?

Amars PAL version has all the cars the US has.
 
VIPERGTSR01
Why? Which ones are we missing?

Amars PAL version has all the cars the US has.

Didn't he say that a few were missing? Plus Amars PAL version is the UK version. Which is actually slightly different from the AUS version.
 
No EU PAL has the same cars as US NTSC, all Australian GT versions have been identical to UK versions so far, I highly doubt Sony would go out of there way to remove cars from the AUS PAL version.


Sorry for being so off topic BTW everyone.
 
VIPERGTSR01
No EU PAL has the same cars as US NTSC, all Australian GT versions have been identical to UK versions so far, I highly doubt Sony would go out of there way to remove cars from the AUS PAL version.

Ahh ok, you wouldn't know though as Aussie's always gets screwed over with games.

But I do remember that some one said that one of the FPV vehicles had some stripes or something in the AUS version.
 
eastley
Forza Motorsport is made by Microsoft and anyone who knows anything about Computers know that Microsoft is a BUG itself. There a hopeless company, and they take other company's Idea's all the time. But how ever if they still enough Idea's they might make a good racing game.



This statement is nothing more than ignorance at its finest. :dunce:
 
eastley
Ahh ok, you wouldn't know though as Aussie's always gets screwed over with games.

But I do remember that some one said that one of the FPV vehicles had some stripes or something in the AUS version.

We do get screwed over with games, but not with the GT series yet luckly (except the extra waiting)

The PAL EU and US NTSC both have stripe versions of the FPV GT aswell.

Here is Amars FPV GT stipe pics https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1483941&postcount=900
 
Blkout
This statement is nothing more than ignorance at its finest. :dunce:

Its the truth. I hate Microsoft Windows its a buggy O/S. I only use it because games are harder to play on Fedora Core 3.
 
easley, ignorance is bliss. :)

So far 2 games developed by the team behind Forza Motorsport are PGR2 and RC2. Both games have jaw-dropping visuals and are the some of the most polished and bug free games I have ever played. I must say the only things I'm worried about in Forza are how exactly the damage will be implemented and how ugly the 2D spectators will look. Other than that from what I've seen, played and read about it, Forza could wipe the floor with GT4. I say "could" because I reserve judgement until ithe game is released.

I'm sorry to go off-topic. All I wanted to say to people that complain about the features, bugs and other problems with GT4 is: "You deserve it!". Live with it and stop complaining. nobody forced you to buy the game. You should have been less ignorant to it's problems when you bought the game. 💡
 
Off-topic again...

On a personal note, I have bought a new project car about 2 months ago and I expect it to be finished in a month. Now I got 2 awesome cars.

Here are the specifications: Honda CRX/Del sol VTI 1.6l 16v VTEC, red with targa top, K&N 57i II induction kit (with cold air front bumper intake), oil filter and billet fuel filter, Castrol Magnatec oil, K1 Kerr Nelson ignition leads, Denso IK20 Iridum spark plugs, custom stainless steel exhaust (cat removed), polished ports and header, DC inlet and outlet stainless steel manifolds, Unichip piggyback ECU, front adjustable custom wind splitter, custom decals and design, front and back custom strut braces, a few other things I care not to disclose. ;)

On completion the estimated figures are:

Power: +200Bhp
Weight: -900Kg
Top Speed: +130Mph
Acceleration: 0-60Mph -7s (should be quicker but the damn thing is FF)

Total cost (including car) £5000 (around that was the budget and I'm not gonna have much left :lol: )


Just in time for summer and my trip to Nurburgring. Was gonna take the BMW but I'd like to learn the ring a bit first before attempting it with such a tail-happy car.
 
Well after 2 hours of dealing with GT4 again I now have to return the 2nd one to the store. :grumpy: Tried it on 2 different PS2. 1 old one and 1 new one and it just keeps freezing up. Especially in arcade mode. Good thing I paid a little extra for the warranty on this game. 👍
edit: Oh yeah my entire garage disappeared too one of the times I loaded the game. The starts were still good but I only had 1 car in my garage out of 101. Good thing I have back ups of it.
 
Event Horizon
No, that honor goes to GTA: Vice City.:lol: Developers aren't perfect. Lay off. They did a better job than you could ever do. Whould you have rather gotten the game in June of 2006 completely bug-free? Be happy that you can play it at all.


No Way Cricket 2004, more bugs than a termite mound
 
CAMAROBOY69
I was about 30% thru the game and it froze up. I tried loading it on 2 different PS2 without the memory cards and the game never started ever again. It would freeze up at the intro screen. So I returned it and got another one. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else yet? When I took it back EB said they had several returned already.

same thing happen with me here in brazil... i thought it was because of the lame chinese alternative copy i was using... freeze and didn´t work, got a replacement, work for a day and freeze again...

now i´ve got a copy of the american version (original) :drool: :dopey: :crazy: 👍 but can´t play because THOSE TWO CRAPPY ALTERNATIVE COPIES DETROYED THE LENS OF MY PS2!!!!!! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

i think its happening to a lot of people....
 
Back