Gt4 Release Date

• Thread starter lil_viper
  • 665 comments
i sure hope december 14th is it.. i went to GameStop and they said january 4th. but yes, i know they're saying that to cover their own ass, and that is not from sony :dopey:.

so will sony\pd make an announcement again, confirming the 12\14 release date? since there's all this hype of another delay..

....tomorrow's my birthday and.... i was really hoping to get GT4 as a pressie 👍
..but...i guess....NOT! 👎 .........I'm very disappointed :grumpy:

Polyphony001
All sorts of riots would erupt if they released Gt4 pal in say january and it was only english, french, german, italian and spanish, for example.

I say let the Finns, Slovaks and Danish riot - if it means i can get hold of a PAL version earlyer :)

Some one please tell me once instance where sony set a SOLID date and then delayed...NEVER.

They have given time frames of estimated dates, in which they are free to delay all the want, however they SCEA has never once announced a solid date, and then retracted it, for any SCEA title. Period.

Just a few hours ago, the website I visit to purchase games had Dec. 14 as the release date, much like everyone else. Now, they have this... Gran Turismo 4: PlayStation 2

Release Date: 12/16/2004

Another very reliable website I sometimes buy my games from had this...

Arrival Date: December 17, 2004.

December 14, huh?

Solid Lifters
Just a few hours ago, the website I visit to purchase games had Dec. 14 as the release date, much like everyone else. Now, they have this... Gran Turismo 4: PlayStation 2

Release Date: 12/16/2004

Another very reliable website I sometimes buy my games from had this...

Arrival Date: December 17, 2004.

December 14, huh?

In other words, no one has knowledge of the actual release date, but Sony and PD... It's looking like it will be sometime in the second half of December... It's getting close... Close enough to stop worrying about it...

;)

solid lifters...no.

For someone who is as "credited" as you are, I cannot believe that you actually take the word of a retailer. They are covering their asses. If I were YOU, I would ignore that. Dec. 14 is what was set by sony. Those are cover days so they don't get complaints.

TheCracker
I say let the Finns, Slovaks and Danish riot - if it means i can get hold of a PAL version earlyer :)

EXCUSE ME! :D Why should we riot, we can speak English too.. (btw, has there been a confirmation on what languages will be available?)

I don't think that the American release is going to be pushed back. And why in the world would they do that? The game has gone gold already, so I don't think it will be delayed anymore. But still, only Sony knows the release date..

I dont know why, but I have waited for this game 2 years, and now that I know that is just a month for the release date, the minutes, hours and days are passing really slow for me and its realle annoying, I just want the game know, this 30 days will be the longest of my life, luckily I can finish GTA SA, Ace Combat 5, FIFA 05 and NFSU2...... Damn I have dreamed the last 3 nights with Gt4.......

Mid december is December 15th. That ia a wednesday. New games usually come out on tuesdays in the states. halo 2: Tuesday. STA:SA: Tuesday. GT4: most likely tuesday. December 14th is a tuesday and it is 1 day off from the midle of the month. PD says Dec 14th. case closed.

Yes , it's sad how PD ruined it.
First it would be realesed in december then they'll translate it in 13 other languages with a realese next year. Stupid PD. I'm still pissed off.

Solid Lifters
When I asked for "official" proof, you linked a game website. I hardly consider that SCEA.

Huh, funny, so an SCEA press release that is reported by another website (multiple) as well as distrubuted via email...is unofficial? So with your logic. If sony was to report this to the newyork times, yet not post an exact date on their site (they never have, and probably never will) it is unofficial?

How can you expect an official release date? Sony and Playstation Wevbsite (US) never ever report dates, they always give press releases to the media and report the dates that way...but whatever, you can misinterpret the industry as you see fit, but please stop spreading rumors until a delay is reported via press release, because of right now, my date, and everyone elses, December 14th, holds a lot more water than any date you can ever put up, unless of course it is December 14th.

tha_con
Huh, funny, so an SCEA press release that is reported by another website (multiple) as well as distrubuted via email...is unofficial? So with your logic. If sony was to report this to the newyork times, yet not post an exact date on their site (they never have, and probably never will) it is unofficial?

How can you expect an official release date? Sony and Playstation Wevbsite (US) never ever report dates, they always give press releases to the media and report the dates that way...but whatever, you can misinterpret the industry as you see fit, but please stop spreading rumors until a delay is reported via press release, because of right now, my date, and everyone elses, December 14th, holds a lot more water than any date you can ever put up, unless of course it is December 14th.
I never said there was a delay. When did I say that? Never. I even suggested that we might get this game sooner than the "projected" release date of 14 December. You're starting to put words in my mouth.

Just provide me with what I asked. You can't. Therefore, nothing is "official." But, you can keep trying if you want to.

Solid is right about one thing.. Dec 14th is not a confirmed date, merely a targeted one. However, it's the only date we've heard from Sony regarding the North American release, and they haven't changed it, despite what various retailers seem to think.

Hasn't it always been a "targeted" date? Not once did I hear a solid release date from PD. They're not stupid enough to say "Okay your gettin the game on THIS DAY." With such a big, anticipated game on their shoulders, they'd need to give themselves something to fall back on in case something goes wrong. It ended up being a great idea (online delay and more cars)

I reckon the mods should get a couple of countdown clocks up on the top of these pages...

One for the Japanese launch
One for the US launch and
One for the PAL launch...

It says
Sony Computer Entertainment has listed the release of Gran Turismo 4 as a winter release in Japan on its official Japanese page, slipping from its previously announced fall release.

However "winter" could mean 2005, and the lack of a more specific release date has prompted speculation of the game being pushed back past the holiday season.

But this http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/gt4/ offical Japanese page still states 2004-12-3(3rd of december)

kikie
New release date for Japan: probably this winter, after Dec 21, (could mean 2004 or even 2005)

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps2/games/news/38177.shtml
That article was writen almost two months ago. The official word on the Japan release date is December 3. However, there is no official release date yet for North America or Europe, but it appears it could be 14 of December for NA and 23 of February for Europe.

Solid Lifters
That article was writen almost two months ago. The official word on the Japan release date is December 3. However, there is no official release date yet for North America or Europe, but it appears it could be 14 of December for NA and 23 of February for Europe.

Didn't know it was writen almost 2 months ago 👍 .

The "unofficial" release date at the local game store where I live = march 31, 2005. :crazy: :scared:

TurboLevin2NV
Hasn't it always been a "targeted" date? Not once did I hear a solid release date from PD. They're not stupid enough to say "Okay your gettin the game on THIS DAY." With such a big, anticipated game on their shoulders, they'd need to give themselves something to fall back on in case something goes wrong. It ended up being a great idea (online delay and more cars)

Big bad Bungie had the Cojones to stick to their date, and it was announced in may. I smell chicken.

Back