Gt4 Release Date

• Thread starter lil_viper
  • 665 comments
Meh, considering that the game keeps getting pushed back we might as well be making up dates since we're totally in the dark.

Jedi2016
You must have missed the memo when the game went gold. Short of a meteor impact on the manufacturing plant, there will be no more delays.
Yeah, exams'll do that to you :guilty:

What I meant by that was that with all the date that have been announced so far rapidly coming towards us, we might as well be guessing because there seems to be a new rumour of a date flying around every other week.

And the delay in PAL territories is probably due to PD tweaking the game to make it harder. We Aussies (and Kiwis) actually like our games harder than the toned-down versions releases in America.

kiwis love their racing i can vouch for that but what i cant stand is american v8's and muscle cars they are slow heavy and cant corner. anyway will nz get the game same time as europe

Good lord, I really hate when some fool says something like "I hate all american v8s" or "ricers" or german cars or whatever. GET OVER YOURSELF. The point of the GT4 is to celebrate all forms of automotive expression. If you want to rally, do it, if you want to just tool around in NYC, do it, if you want to collect do it. I love all cars... hatchbacks, sports cars, light trucks, minivans, four-doors, two-doors, covertibles, coupes... whatever, I don't care. How about focusing on what makes us the same, that growling engines and screeching tires make our head spin, and not worry about what particulars some people like. The point is that there is greatness in nearly every kind of car. A 1984 VW Rabbit GTi can be absolutely manic, while a 2004 Chevy Corvette Z06 is absolutely remarkable, or the new 2005 BMW M5 is a technical marvel. So I guess what I want to hear is "I've never driven the V8 powered cars that much, but maybe today I will try one." You never know, you may just like driving a Z06 ass-out R346.

Locost7Rules
Good lord, I really hate when some fool says something like "I hate all american v8s" or "ricers" or german cars or whatever. GET OVER YOURSELF. The point of the GT4 is to celebrate all forms of automotive expression. If you want to rally, do it, if you want to just tool around in NYC, do it, if you want to collect do it. I love all cars... hatchbacks, sports cars, light trucks, minivans, four-doors, two-doors, covertibles, coupes... whatever, I don't care. How about focusing on what makes us the same, that growling engines and screeching tires make our head spin, and not worry about what particulars some people like. The point is that there is greatness in nearly every kind of car. A 1984 VW Rabbit GTi can be absolutely manic, while a 2004 Chevy Corvette Z06 is absolutely remarkable, or the new 2005 BMW M5 is a technical marvel. So I guess what I want to hear is "I've never driven the V8 powered cars that much, but maybe today I will try one." You never know, you may just like driving a Z06 ass-out R346.

A fellow Ohioan speaks words of wisdom...god i love people who think with an open mind! 👍 I couldn't agree more....i never really liked to drive big V8's either but i still respect them and would love to try one out if i had the chance...today or anyday...just to see what it's like...bottom line is it is an AUTOMOBILE and it has a heart that screams to be let loose. whether it be a 1.6L fourbanger or a 7.3L V12, it doesn't matter. truly, all cars are remarkable in their own way, no matter how simple or complex, the fact that so many little parts can work together and make a car do what it does is amazing. GO LOCUST! :cool:

subie power
kiwis love their racing i can vouch for that but what i cant stand is american v8's and muscle cars they are slow heavy and cant corner. anyway will nz get the game same time as europe

I'm gonna have to agree with the last 2 posts. I drive a 00 prelude that I have personally put a good 300 hours into building to my liking. These are just my engine mods. The exterior is pretty much stock except for an oem lip kit dropped on tein ha's with some ghey 18's I plan on replacing.

Motor
Full Benson built bottom end with dart sleeves
bored to 89mm
9.1 custom ross pistons
cunningham rods
balanced blueprinted and all the other good stuff with a benson build.
Ferea oversized valves
Jun valve springs and retainers
3 angle valve job w/ port and polish
port matched and polished euro R accord manifold
70mm str throttle body
hondata im gasket
cometic head gasket
arp head studs
lots of other stuff I probably forgot to list

Turbo
onefabrication custom true equal length manifold
onefabrication custom true 3" downpipe
apexi n1 3"turbo muffler
custom 3" exhaust with 3" testpipe
pwr 550hp fmic
pwr civic dual core radiator with custom braised mounts
tial 38mm wastegate
fast-turbo braided oil feed and drain kit
precision sc61 .63/.60 a/r turbo
aem ems with acer 340t slimbook laptop
rc 750cc injectors
golden eagle fuel rail/vacume manifold
greddy catch can
greddy turbo timer
greddy el 60mm boost & egt gauges
walbro 255 fuel pump
blitz dd bov
sx high flow 6an fpr
Taylor custom battery box relocated to trunk
removed a/c

The reason I post that is to give me some foot in that I actually know what I'm doing and talking about. I've raced a good bit of cars and the only ones that can actually keep up are usually domestics aside from the occasional 600-700hp supra that blows me away. I have the ut most respect for all of these cars and they can make a **** load of power for about 1/2 the money I spent. Ignorant Ricers say that v8 muscle cars are heavy and don't handle well because they don't know what they are talking about. Quite a few of my freinds drive an assortment of vehicles and one has a roosh. That thing is just plain out fvking fast. I really hate it when import drivers are stupid because it just makes me look bad 👎

filude
I'm gonna have to agree with the last 2 posts. I drive a 00 prelude that I have personally put a good 300 hours into building to my liking. These are just my engine mods. The exterior is pretty much stock except for an oem lip kit dropped on tein ha's with some ghey 18's I plan on replacing.

Motor
Full Benson built bottom end with dart sleeves
bored to 89mm
9.1 custom ross pistons
cunningham rods
balanced blueprinted and all the other good stuff with a benson build.
Ferea oversized valves
Jun valve springs and retainers
3 angle valve job w/ port and polish
port matched and polished euro R accord manifold
70mm str throttle body
hondata im gasket
cometic head gasket
arp head studs
lots of other stuff I probably forgot to list

Turbo
onefabrication custom true equal length manifold
onefabrication custom true 3" downpipe
apexi n1 3"turbo muffler
custom 3" exhaust with 3" testpipe
pwr 550hp fmic
pwr civic dual core radiator with custom braised mounts
tial 38mm wastegate
fast-turbo braided oil feed and drain kit
precision sc61 .63/.60 a/r turbo
aem ems with acer 340t slimbook laptop
rc 750cc injectors
golden eagle fuel rail/vacume manifold
greddy catch can
greddy turbo timer
greddy el 60mm boost & egt gauges
walbro 255 fuel pump
blitz dd bov
sx high flow 6an fpr
Taylor custom battery box relocated to trunk
removed a/c

The reason I post that is to give me some foot in that I actually know what I'm doing and talking about. I've raced a good bit of cars and the only ones that can actually keep up are usually domestics aside from the occasional 600-700hp supra that blows me away. I have the ut most respect for all of these cars and they can make a **** load of power for about 1/2 the money I spent. Ignorant Ricers say that v8 muscle cars are heavy and don't handle well because they don't know what they are talking about. Quite a few of my freinds drive an assortment of vehicles and one has a roosh. That thing is just plain out fvking fast. I really hate it when import drivers are stupid because it just makes me look bad 👎
Well said and thanks for being open minded. 👍

A seasoned GT player i may be, but i understand little about all that lot!! :lol: :lol: All i know is that it must sound and drive cool, to use a pathetic expression... :dopey: :dopey:

As for release dates, we would not "might as well be making them up" because, no offence, but n00bs come along and believe them, and then go something like, "omg, another delay? i never heard about that!!" So NO!

As for going gold i didn't hear much mention of it, but what should i care, unless i can get on to the swapmagic corporation to update their software i will still be at the mercy of pd for a pal release...

Do you race?
And the delay in PAL territories is probably due to PD tweaking the game to make it harder. We Aussies (and Kiwis) actually like our games harder than the toned-down versions releases in America.
The most likely difference in the PAL and NTSC differences is that the NTSC versions were developed first, and after the game was out for a while they realized that some of the licence tests were too easy to gold, and made them tougher for the PAL version. They also made a couple of the tests EASIER to gold than the NTSC version. It's all about gameplay, and not about Americans wanting an easier game. I doubt the longtime gamers in this country (25+ years for myself) want less challenging games. In fact most games I bother to play besides GT are way too short and or easy IMO. Please think about things a bit before insulting people.
slap.gif

Hmm yes i did wonder what sort of a reaction that post would get. I agree with all your views there, and games i play that i could finish in one long day are not as fun as games that last a lot longer like Gt4 as within a month i forget about them, but on the other hand i don't like games where the difficulty level is so extreme that is near-impossible to complete... 💡

98cobra
Well said and thanks for being open minded. 👍

👍 no prob, I saw in your signature that you have a 98 cobra. Thats pretty cool, the guy that has the roosh now used to have a 99 red cobra convertable and it was nice and torquey, I still beat em :dopey: lol.

Also to polyphony. It sounds a lot like a Large tractor sounds at idle, but when you open the throttle wide open and let er rip Its the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life. 3" straight pipe uncatted. And its pretty speed at around 428whp on 92 octane

One of the UK playstation magazines, december edtion (i couldn't say which - i was flicking through a few in a newsagents the other day) is running an article stating that GT4 will be available before Xmas in the UK after stating in a previous mag, like most other game mags and sites that it had been postponed until the first qtr of 2005 - Europe may now live in hope?!

TheCracker
One of the UK playstation magazines, december edtion (i couldn't say which - i was flicking through a few in a newsagents the other day) is running an article stating that GT4 will be available before Xmas in the UK after stating in a previous mag, like most other game mags and sites that it had been postponed until the first qtr of 2005 - Europe may now live in hope?!

I really hope thats true.

Locost7Rules

👍

I just bought mine last week!!! It is so much more fun than my VR6, despite making a lot less power.

I will be quite sad if they don't include MK 1 GTIs in GT4.

kinigitt
👍

I just bought mine last week!!! It is so much more fun than my VR6, despite making a lot less power.

I will be quite sad if they don't include MK 1 GTIs in GT4.

Agreed... I miss my MK2 GLI...

;)

TheCracker

i wouldnt bet on it... but im feeling a little negative today anyway!

honestly it does make sense to release when forza comes out though......

RUmour and speculation? I was sent this today by special reserve UK: Some of the article is a little odd, but it may second the earlier statement made by TheCracker. However, it does NOT state a release date, so i'm not going to make any bold judgements just yet...

Gran Turismo 4 finished!
Web posted on 11/11/04 Polyphony Digital complete work on what should be the greatest racer ever.
Okay, we know that the online play was canned (even though the team claim that they have it up and running in their offices), and the game was delayed in Europe, but we're still looking forward to what's sure to be the greatest racer, like, ever. Sue us.

So the news that SCE had thrown a party to celebrate the completion of the game threw us into spasms of delight, tempered only slightly by the realisation that the failed to invite us. But that's their loss really.

Revealed at the shindig was that Japan would be getting a special limited edition. (Special and limited? That's twice as good!) For the Yen equivalent of £170, you can get a tin containing the game, a Nike t-shirt and what can only be a ridiculously expensive pair of trainers. Why Nike are teaming up with the game is anyone's guess, but we're sure there's a convoluted reason for it. The limited edition game also has the added bonus of a Nike concept car, which you can unlock by using an EyeToy to take a picture of the back of the box. Which is all extremely bizarre.

But in a world where 'limited edition' can mean next to nothing, Sony are giving it genuine cache by only releasing 1000 editions of the set. That's 250 of four shoe sizes. So if you live in Japan, are very rich and have an EyeToy, you'd better hope that you have average sized plates of meat. It's be too ironic if, after satisfying those strigent criteria, your feet would actually be better suited to a pair of Nike branded clown shoes.

So unless you now have your heart set on a strange and expensive Japan-only special edition, you can pre-order Gran Turismo 4 with Special Reserve, and we'll make sure you get your driving glove-clad hands on it as soon as it's available.

I would love to see GT4 released before Xmas in the Uk, and it would make sense to catch the Xmas buying rush for all concerned. I don't see the logic in waiting to release alongside Forza. Why wait, when you can have the entire marketplace to yourself?

I'm suspicious of the delay on the PAL release, and why its so far behind the NTSC date. PD et al knew all along that it would need different languages, etc. Delays due to knowing something needed to be done all along would be a massive oversight for a company that is so very precise about the high standard of everything else it touches.

I would hope that the PAL version could be shipped well within the 7 weeks after the NTSC release that we've currently got to endure.

I'm an optimist, so i predict a pre-xmas release. it may not be much before, but anything else would make very little business sense.

Having said all that, the Japanese & U.S. markets are the big ones for Sony, so I guess Europe slides again :-(

Back