GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
I don't like Trial Mountain..

Trail Mountain is great and fun to me, it was the first track i managed to pull of a legit drift on. you should check out my favorite 3 track thread and no it's not a the typical generic fave 3 thread you have seen before.

I dont really have a track I hate the most, but sometimes new york and hong kong piss me off when im driving an unfamiliar car, because i always brake to early or too late after the straight on new york. i should drive before i race lol.

Infineon, IMHO, is one of the best tracks in the game.

I've said it before Infineon is a great track, I'm just not great there and it isn't a track I favor at all.

I think Fuji 80s, and 90s were really great. The other 2 Fuji track sucks....big time...

I actually like Fuji 2005 GT the most, it's a nice technical track.

Citi di Aria , I suck big time on this one .
Ozi

100% with you here, this course is no High Speed Ring :).

I love the Ring but it is so freaking hard to get a fast, clean lap around there so at the moment that is my least favorite track

Ditto. I'm trying to do the IA-15 licence test (the one with the pace car). Jeeezuz that Merc has **** oversteer....I go to brake, and its arse end just slides out... On my first go on that test, I was going fairly well, almost finished it, got up to that right-hander after that looooong straight, braked at the EXACT same point as the pace car, started to turn into the corner, and my car began fishtailing and i ran off into the grass and failed...I had 3 or so corners left...Man I was fuming.....10 minutes (more like 9 i think) of my life wasted...

I think Fuji 80s, and 90s were really great. The other 2 Fuji track sucks....big time...

Agreed. Fuji2005 is my least favorite track. Before it was a beautiful, flowing, exciting, memorable racetrack. Now it's dull, uninspired, and soulless. In other words, typical bland mediocrity from Hermann Tilke.

I still enjoy the new Fuji Speedway, and it's an absolute dream to drive in some cars. I don't really understand why it's so near-unanimously hated.

I do have another nomination to make: Seoul Reverse. The forward track is okay; it's very far from my favorite track, but I don't groan when a GT4 race or a GTP race series uses it. The reverse version, on the other hand, is just awful. Brutal and unbearable are also apt descriptions. I don't hate time trialing there, but when there are AI cars that are much faster than you, I can't stand it. First of all, the jagged barriers that uniformly comprise the circuit's boundaries make pushing the limit in any car extremely risky, and make a dead stop only a squeeze by the AI away. Second, the track becomes narrow in all the wrong places, particularly following the second corner. And lastly, there are enough straights, and they are long enough, that the AI cars can either pull away beyond reach after you've had to brake to keep from hitting them in the too-narrow-to-pass sections, or draft and pass you on the long straight if you've made a successful overtaking maneuver.

I still enjoy the new Fuji Speedway, and it's an absolute dream to drive in some cars. I don't really understand why it's so near-unanimously hated.

That's just how it is, I guess. What everyone wants or needs from a racetrack is different. Reading through this thread, I see people who hate tracks I love, and people who love tracks I hate. If anything, it proves that PD has gotten the balance of track types just about right.

Ditto. I'm trying to do the IA-15 licence test (the one with the pace car). Jeeezuz that Merc has **** oversteer....I go to brake, and its arse end just slides out... On my first go on that test, I was going fairly well, almost finished it, got up to that right-hander after that looooong straight, braked at the EXACT same point as the pace car, started to turn into the corner, and my car began fishtailing and i ran off into the grass and failed...I had 3 or so corners left...Man I was fuming.....10 minutes (more like 9 i think) of my life wasted...

:lol:
I used to waste 1 hour of my life to get a bronze. Now on first tries its a silver or gold.

Anyway, my worst track is the Infineon sports car track. Once ive practiced it i'll probably like it, but until then, its my worst.

Same with me. I've never liked Infineon...Any race on it I B-Spec; let B-Spec Bob (or AutoStig as I call it) do all the work...

the one track i hate on gt4 has got to be the test course its way too long and waaaay too boring! especially after you've passed your competition already, it gets kinda quiet and lonely being in the front of the pack.

That's why you drop back and let some of them pass you. Then you can just slot in behind them and draft them. Then, if the finish line is coming up or you just feel like it, you can just slingshot ahead of them. I quite often do it in the race meeting thing...

the tracks i hate the most are as follows:

*chamonix
*beginner course (both of them)
*opera paris
*george v paris

these tracks should not be on gt4 and should be replaced with some of the tracks from gt2 like:

*grindelwald
*tahiti rally track (not tahiti maze)
*tahiti road track
*red rock valley speedway

so for gt5 get rid of the tracks the tracks that i hate and replace it with the tracks from gt2 witch have been listed below the tracks that i hate.

Definitely Red Rock Valley. That's my fave track on GT2. I use it for testing when I get new cars...

I have already stated that the test track sux, but there is only one track that I'd drop from the game entirely, seattle. and thats because jumps DO NOT belong in road races!!!

repeat DO NOT!

But the jumps make it more interesting, more fun. They are clearly there to unsettle the car and to challenge you with a 90 degree right-hander at the top...Seattle would be boring without the jumps...

Drift and power slide with a FF car??? Huh???

Yeah. I've done it on GT2 with the Taevion Trampio (spelling?) FTO...Good fun

My son has a "trick" for the 90's Fuji, the one with the small curve right in the middle of the big sweeping curve before the main straight. His trick? He just continues on, through the grass, all the way to where the track continues.

:D

That's exactly what I do, but I give a squirt of nitrous just to keep the speed up...

Last edited by a moderator:
^Way to drive fair.

I also love Fuji '05, it's one of my favorite Tilke tracks, Sepang being my other favorite. I hate Fuji 90's though, I just have a hard time finding a good, fast line.

IMO the :yuck:-est tracks are Apricot Hill, all rally tracks (due to physics, all layouts are cool 'cept for ice Arena)(Get WRC4 or 5, they're MEAN!!!), Seoul, New York, Tsukuba and it's Wet companion, Motegi West and East Short (ironically, the full course is good :crazy:) all make me :ill:. Suzuka Short Tracks are also pretty 👎, the west has pits right next to it, so it should be a six person race, not two.

Over and Out,
Vista

I've changed my mind... I now love all rally tracks (due to my story being based around rallying, i've gotten used to the crappy physics). But Ice arena still sucks.
Seoul is now fine, along with New York (did a long race there in Arcade with 6 FGTs, gotten used to it). But i'm bringing down - more - Citta di Aria and Suzuka West. Citta Di Aria is not playable in Arcade Single Race (yet it's in Time Trial + 2 Player), and same reason for Suzuka as mentioned in the quote...

Suzuka was my most hated first time playing the game, but after only playing that track on GT5P for online i think its brilliant. (I don't like Fuji, the track is too wide and i can't get my lines consistent, and the other tracks arn't as good as Suzuka)

My least favourite track now is probably Opera Paris. Its not a hard track, my main critiscism is it is too short and narrow so overtaking is difficult. If you start a race in 6th place, by the time your in 2nd place, the guy infront is 4-5 seconds ahead, and if you are driving an inferior car its difficult to catch up even if you're lapping 2 seconds quicker than he is.

Actually i have changed my mind. My least favourite track by far is Hong Kong (i simply forgot about it in my last post). In my first ever attempt at the world championships, i was in an Audi R8. I lost in this race and came 4th, because i was using (R3) tyres and spending half the race in second gear out of those tight bends meant they didn't last as long as usual, so i ended up losing by around 14 seconds, it was my only defeat of the championship. (and what a defeat it was, one of my worst)

I did this race the other day, and learnt from my past mistakes, so i used R1 tyres on the rear wheels and R2 tyres on the front of my Toyota 88cv. this time i only needed to pit once, but my nearest rival (i think it was an Audi R8) must have been on R3s, because he kept on my tail for near the entire race (apart from the gap between our pit stops). I only won by 4 seconds. I think i was lucky the Nissan R92CP wasn't racing, that thing absolutely blitzed me last time, and i probably would have lost again.

Its not just a demanding track, its also a slow track, with a short distance, so naturally you do more laps, and because of the slow corners, the tyres get worn out more quickly than longer faster circuits like Grand Valley. It is the longest race in the championship and despite my best efforts i could not hold off my pitstop for the full 18 laps. I absolutely hate that track.

Suzuka is complete trash. It seems when the Japanese build tracks they have only two parameters: boring and dangerous. Fuji is terrible too.

While I personally don't like the zillion kilometers of run-off on Fuji... Suzuka? SRSLY? One of the most exciting tracks on the F1 calendar? Home of the infamous 130R (one of my favorite track sections in the game...)? One of the few tracks that successfully combines a wide variety of low speed, medium speed, high speed and ultra-high speed corners?

Without the Nurburgring or Infineon... Suzuka is the one bright spot (besides Eiger) in GT5P... no racing game is actually complete without Suzuka.

Suzuka is complete trash. It seems when the Japanese build tracks they have only two parameters: boring and dangerous. Fuji is terrible too.

Euh, despite Suzuka being in Japan it's far from Japanese actually - it was designed by Dutchman Hans Hugenholtz, of Zandvoort and Jarama fame.

Wouldn't call Fuji terrible either, at least not in its original (pre-Tilkefied) incarnation. Including the old banking, I'm pretty sure some of those Real High Speed bends would've been pretty brown-trousers-inducing in real life, especially since at the time they were first in operation, race cars had yet to sprout wings to keep 'em on the ground.

Now, Opera Paris on the other hand.... seems a bit like an amateur trying to draw a track like Tilke. Or rather, Tilke's computer automaton, since I'm having a hard time believing he actually designs these things himself.

Hmm hard question.
Well I dislike the grand canyon rally track. Maybe because the swiss alps track spoiled me in arcade but I just don't like it.

Also dislike seoul and new york for some reason they are just soo...idk weird for some reason they just don't seem right.
But when it comes down to someone saying: wanna play gt4 in seoul/new york?
Id say: Yeah totally!

Back