GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
Fuji- the 2005 GT version. The edges of the track are tough to see and there are lots of "blind" corners due to elevation changes. I go off plenty of times during even a short race. It's also really boring to me. -kevin

Fuji 2005 (Far too much asphalt for my tastes)
Hong Kong (Doesn't really flow too well, at least for me.)
George V Paris (That one corner is very hard to judge when to brake.)

Gran Turismo 2 had a license test devoted to one area of Spa, which makes me wonder why they never included the entire track. :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Spa-Francorchamps

:dunce: Thats what it was, i never knew that. I always wondered why i couldn't match those couple of license tests to a circuit.

Has anybody searched the game code? it might be hidden code like the Porsche in GT3, and the extra tracks in GTPSP that were in GT4.

Do you mean the one you used the Toyota GT - ONE or the TVR?

Yup.
ON: I hate Beginner course and Motorland. I may add some tracks when I get progress in GT4.

Hah! Beginner Course is nothing. Motorland is tricky, but the key is tame your throttle thru those esses and loops. Don't just floor it or you'll wind up in the sand. You only need to floor the accelerator down the main straight and thru the back stretch before you get to the esses in the center of the track.

...just wait till you get to ICE ARENA! :mischievous: Grand Canyon, HOng Kong, and Opera (both versions) seem to be the most hated as well, although I personally like all of these.

Yup.

Hah! Beginner Course is nothing. Motorland is tricky, but the key is tame your throttle thru those esses and loops. Don't just floor it or you'll wind up in the sand. You only need to floor the accelerator down the main straight and thru the back stretch before you get to the esses in the center of the track.

...just wait till you get to ICE ARENA! :mischievous: Grand Canyon, HOng Kong, and Opera (both versions) seem to be the most hated as well, although I personally like all of these.

I don't like Beginner Course becouse it's too boring. Motorland... well... I don't like it since GT2 (not becouse it's difficult, I don't like it becouse is too slow). I've raced in both Opera versions, I don't hate them, they're really intreting once you know how to drive on them. Grand Canyon and Ice Arena are really difficult to me, I mean, I can't do two laps without touching the border of the track. And... Hong Kong... I don't really remember that track... the only thing I remember from it, is that you have to do one lincense on it driving an MGF. I hope I was clear.

Yup.

After learning to modulate the throttle (which i learnt from prologue where it is a necessity) i found the rally/ice tracks very enjoyable. The only quarrel i have with ice arena and grand canyon is that its near impossible to overtake without shunting your opponent (unless you get in a 500bhp+ car and just grind the walls, which is cheating).

Hong Kong is too short and twisty, and it shreds your tyres as you are in 2nd gear half the time. Traction control comes in useful here, if you are using a pad.

Opera is just bad full stop, too many bumps that throw your car off the racing line. In road cars it can be very fun, but pretty much any type of race car and its a nightmare (low, hard suspension not good on this circuit)

After learning to modulate the throttle (which i learnt from prologue where it is a necessity) i found the rally/ice tracks very enjoyable. The only quarrel i have with ice arena and grand canyon is that its near impossible to overtake without shunting your opponent (unless you get in a 500bhp+ car and just grind the walls, which is cheating).

Ice Arena is possible without shunting your opponent, I've done it a few times. But most of the time, it's near-impossible not to at least bump the enemy (unintentionally of course). I have a couple completely clean replays of Ice Arena races, tho, where I wound up saying "how the hell did I do that?" :dopey:

Back when I wasn't as good at this track, I admit I used to use the walls here. I felt this was somewhat fair, since the bottom of the wall is curved, which means your tires are contacting the bottom of the wall, not your fenders and doors.

^Way to drive fair.

I also love Fuji '05, it's one of my favorite Tilke tracks, Sepang being my other favorite. I hate Fuji 90's though, I just have a hard time finding a good, fast line.

Wow...we're totally the opposite. I hate the 2005 Fuji and the Gt version. I can't seem to find a proper line, and sometimes, it's easy to spear off the track because with the new tarmac, i can barely see the end of the circuit corners.

The 80s and 90s Fuji is awesome tho. Simple, fast flowing corners.

There really aren't any tracks I dislike anymore, they all have their moments. But... I've always been really bored with Grand Valley. So bland to me.. I've thought that since I played GT1.

Back in the beginning of the GT3 days I hated Laguna Seca and Cote, but those are 2 of my favorite tracks now!

The grand valley speedway is one of my least favourite tracks. Not hate, just least favourite. I just hate the super slow twisty mid section of the circuit, and it's just too long.

Are you guys kidding? Grand Valley rocks! I don't like the GT4 version as much as the GT1-2 versions, tho. In earlier GTs, it was possible to catch air coming down that first big hill, literally flying on an angle if you did it right! :nervous: GT3 & 4 feels a bit dumbed down as usual. :indiff:

Are you guys kidding? Grand Valley rocks! I don't like the GT4 version as much as the GT1-2 versions, tho. In earlier GTs, it was possible to catch air coming down that first big hill, literally flying on an angle if you did it right! :nervous: GT3 & 4 feels a bit dumbed down as usual. :indiff:

yes, i was meaning Gt4 actually. I played GT2 and it was ok there. Lots of circuit got too modernized in GT4. My favourites in GT2 was Apricot Hill, Deep Forest Raceway and Midfield Raceway.

Sadly, i don't enjoy them much in GT4. It's so different...too many ups and downs...not as tricky as in Gt2...

I hate all city course except tokyo and Costa di Amalfi.

By racetracks I find most of the japanese tracks quite boring, specially motegi which i really dont like and the first section of suzuka is no fun either. :)

Midfield, trial mountain and deep forest are my favourite tracks though :)

Grand Valley in GT3 was good, but in GT4 they revamped the layout completely and it wasn't the same track anymore. The corners even though were basically the same, were changed. The S bends in the middle became multi-apex corners rather than sweeping bends. The radii (thats the plural of Radius right?) of the last 2 hairpins were widened too. The corners after the first hairpin didn't feel the same, you couldn't carry the same speed through those corners as you could in GT3. I don't think this was to do with the changes in physics, the actual corners were moved.

Grand Valley in GT3 was good, but in GT4 they revamped the layout completely and it wasn't the same track anymore. The corners even though were basically the same, were changed. The S bends in the middle became multi-apex corners rather than sweeping bends. The radii (thats the plural of Radius right?) of the last 2 hairpins were widened too. The corners after the first hairpin didn't feel the same, you couldn't carry the same speed through those corners as you could in GT3. I don't think this was to do with the changes in physics, the actual corners were moved.

Yea...it doesn't flow quite as nicely in gT4 like it used to in earlier games, especially in those esses. :grumpy: On the other hand, those concrete pads in between turns 8 and 9 and out of the final tight chicane area are nice areas to get around opponents. But I still prefer the old layout. :grumpy:

Yea...it doesn't flow quite as nicely in gT4 like it used to in earlier games, especially in those esses. :grumpy: On the other hand, those concrete pads in between turns 8 and 9 and out of the final tight chicane area are nice areas to get around opponents. But I still prefer the old layout. :grumpy:

Yes...I think the kerbs are just too high...

I really liked Red Rock Valley in GT2.

ON: Now I only hate Gran Canyon. It's too difficult.

Red Rock was legend. Absolutely loved that track.

I've never cared for Infinion. It's like you're in the infield of some track, then out on the main track, then you're up on some hill going through twisties that seem like they're from some other track entirely. Then you're on some highway with big concrete barriers haphazardly laid around it, then a U-turn into the parking lot. It just seems like a mess to me.

Some much hate for Infineon! That's a shame. You can almost always be guaranteed a win there because the AI drives the course so terribly.
---
I posted a while back that Fuji 2005 (both configurations) was my most hated track, and I included a number of runners-up which I had debated with myself over whether they were my most hated or not. Having completed a lot more of GT4 now, and finally broken the 100K point barrier yesterday, I'm making another, more concrete post.

I still hate my original choice, Fuji 2005 (both configurations). Talk about non-descript!

-Motorland. DIE MOTORLAND DIE!!! YOU SUCK!!!
-Autumn Ring Mini.

There's nothing I hate more than racing K-cars (and similarly-powered ilk) around those 2 stupidly small tracks. If there's no go-karts in GT5, those 2 tracks better not be included either - because go-karts are the only thing you should be forced to drive around those effing hellholes. I'm so sick of races in cars with no horsepower that don't corner worth a damn.

-Motegi Oval. YOU SUCK TOO MOTEGI OVAL! And so do all the impossible-without-wallriding 200 point races held inside your crappy crappy walls.

Motorland! Doesn't it seem just a tiny bit ridiculous driving a powerful, rear wheel drive sports car on a what seems to be suited to a go-kart track. Constantly you end up shreading your tyres to bits because of the horrendous wheel spin you get from laying the car's power down on the exit of all those slow turns. Some turns are so tight you cant even help going off the road and receiving a penelty. Not even the straights are suited to a car race, simply because they are so short you end up spinning your wheels down the whole length of the straight aswell; leaving a trail of smoke in your wake. Seriously, unless its a Diahatsu Midget single-make race, there is no point of this circuits inclusion to Gran Turismo 4!!!

Must say I agree with Motorland (partly) and certainly Autumn Ring Mini. That track is way overused in GT4, imho - it's basically only suited to small, slow cars, but GT has you going around it in much bigger sports cars in several competitions. (I've been tackling it on N2 tyres, which makes things even worse - much worse, since there's no straight to overtake.) Motorland is much of the same, just a tad less irritating - Beginner Course falls into this category, too: too small, too cramped. Only suited to Kei microcars, really.

Back