GT4 Tracktalk and Tracklist *UPDATE* UNCHICANED LA SARTHE!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 335 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ... MY ...GOD! They have the un-chicane straighted version of le Sarthe! I was just doing 380km/h in the Nissan Group-C car! I need new underwear!

normteke
I just want to take the Mulsanne kink at 250+ mph; it may be the closest anyone will ever come to doing it again.

And now you can!

wait a second...

There you go!

Attachments

• bugger_me.jpg
    bugger_me.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,206
YAY, YAY, YAY

My favorite track of all time, La Sarthe, is in. I was really trying to avoid getting my hopes up that it was indeed the Lemans track, but now that I've seen screenshots. Finaly!!!

I will be racing that track to DEATH and over again! hehe

All is forgiven PD!!!

(Until GT5 that is...)

EDIT: That looks pre-Dunlop Curve chicane too... (79-86), can we have a lap time indication too see how accurate it is please???

While I'm happy to see Le Mans confirmed, I still don't really see the point of it.

Haha, you made it so dramatic Chaser. Congratulations on being the first to unearth Le Sarth AND get screenshots.

(P.S. Check your PM's.)

It is technically not the older LeMans, because the Essess just beyond the Dunlop Bridge, which were added in 2003, are still there. So this is merely the modern circuit with the barriers in the chicanes removed.

Solid Lifters
Nice info! That shot looked great! Now, for some of Sears Point to celebrate?
Hear, hear! One of my faves.
Do you race?
Awww, no SSR11 :( ... or is there
I can only hope not. Tedious, tedious.
PunkRock
While I'm happy to see Le Mans confirmed, I still don't really see the point of it.
But... its... its... Le Mans! The second holiest of holies! Actually, it will be interesting to actually race on some of the long circuits. I tend to be a groove driver and I don't know if the long laps will help or hinder.

shame about rome also, chaser fan please post us some pics of grand valley and deep forrest (wich you said changed negativly) and the other revised beauties.
spa-franchorchamps for gt5!

hellnback
GT5 Hit List:

Spa
Bathurst
Monza
Hockenheim (pre-02???)
Pikes Peak (Full)
A Brazilian track would be appreciated also. Interlagos, Jacarepaguá, I´ll let Kaz choose. :)

neon_duke
But... its... its... Le Mans! The second holiest of holies! Actually, it will be interesting to actually race on some of the long circuits. I tend to be a groove driver and I don't know if the long laps will help or hinder.

I hear you. It's certainly the track with the most historic meaning of all, no doubt about it. It's the lack of opposition that'll kill me in those long races, I think. Whereas the 'Ring is all about handling, this is all about power and acceleration.

Make no mistake, I'm still happy I'll get to drive some of my favorite cars on such a great track, but I'd rather have some other, more interesting layout wise, tracks.

Let me tell you something, my friends. I'm impressed as hell about this information. The shocker for me is that Le Mans is in the house. What "aging PS2?" As long as you include that bad boy, it's going to leave other game companies shaking their heads on how to beat it. What delay? The damn thing came out. Like I said before, GT4 is not Duke Nukem Forever. DNF was started back since 1997. GT4 was probably in the works for at least 3-5 years. It's out in Japan with others to follow, but I'm really glad to see these tracks in.

One question, though. When I seen the Le Mans screenshot, it looked like it was a license test of some sort. I saw the times to beat, and one they were like, a minute and a half at least. Is this track actually going to be an abbreviated Le Mans (reminiscent of "Test Drive: Le Mans" on the PS1), or are we getting all 8.5+ miles of Circuit de la Sarthe? As I said before, the 24h enduro track is a wonderful consideration, but I wouldn't mind Bugatti for the Le Mans track. All that matters is that it's in. And I'm happy. In fact, I can :) for now. But when I buy GT4 in the future, I'll be like :crazy:!

Can't wait.

By the way, Interlagos or that hellishly twisty Brasilia would be nice for the GT series as well. If GT wanted to cover six continents, PD would have to include Kyliami down in South Africa. For now, it's North America, Europe, and Asia in terms of tracks. In terms of car nationalities, North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Regardless, we're seeing the world through the eyes of PD and GT4.

quackman
I hope so.... it was a beautiful looking track in GT3

It did look good. Shame they neutered it though.

GT1 will always be the SSR11 master (great track!!) with that chicane and the over/unders. Unless GT4 brings the old version back :D

OK, Deep Forest is still a pleasure to drive, but it's a little lacking in forest scenery. Where as Deep Forest in GT3 was very foreboding an clostrophobic, the GT4 version is quite light and open. More petting in the shallow end forest than bombing in the deep end forest if you ask me.

so they took out trees for the 'deep' forrest experience? damn that's a kick in the teeth, it was indeed a very athmospheric track with the sun glimping out between the trees, hope the atmos isn't gone now.
also how's grand valley (my favorite track), is it good looking? and what we didn't discuss here are weather effects, do you see difference in weather in the shorter races or is it always the same pretext clouds...

can't wait to do le 24 heures with day changing into night and then after a dark night of racing with a small rainshower the sun is coming up in the horizon. i need it bad

JohnBM01
One question, though. When I seen the Le Mans screenshot, it looked like it was a license test of some sort.

Yes, it was a license test. You had to complete half of the lap in around 1m30s or something like that. I am now ten miles away from my PS2 now so I can't tell you much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back