GT4 Tracktalk and Tracklist *UPDATE* UNCHICANED LA SARTHE!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 335 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't I see any of the screen shots of Le Mans? Where have they gone?

Doh never mind, it wouldn't show the screens if I was logged out..... :dunce:

den brakke
is the Chamonix circuit a dirt/snow track? It is at the botom of the Mont-Blanc. That chould give some stunning backgrounds. :crazy:

Finger crossed its the ice-racing circuit from the 24hr Chamonix event.

Scaff
Finger crossed its the ice-racing circuit from the 24hr Chamonix event.

I believe Chamonix is the long snow covered track, that was seen in a video in a un complete form when it was hacked out of Prologue, I think it might even be on the vids at the front of the planet, in prologue it was called Nursnow and featured tunnels and windy track, up through hills.

GTXLR
I believe Chamonix is the long snow covered track, that was seen in a video in a un complete form when it was hacked out of Prologue, I think it might even be on the vids at the front of the planet, in prologue it was called Nursnow and featured tunnels and windy track, up through hills.

Yes, I think so as well, Nursnow had become Chamonix... (not totally sure because I think I saw them listed together anywhere else, I can't remember)

vipersan
I couldn't agree more. You practically took words out of my mouth. I too lost track of a few laps in these long endurances and also made mistakes for missing my pit stop schedule :).
I used to knock over cones and each lap I try to knock them further. :sly:

The shots we've seen of 'Nursnow' from the hacked Prologue disk appeared to be only partially covered in snow. The high-res shots of some of the rally cars that came out a few weeks back were on a track fully covered with snow/ice. I think they will be two seperate tracks.

Seems a bit odd that they'd miss SSR11 out after creating such a reputation in GT1 (Like evil sticking out barriers in annoying places). I can live without it, but it seems a bit odd nonetheless. Still the 'Ring is probably its replacement.

Deep Forest sounds a bit dissapointing, pity as its one of my favourite tracks. What would dissapoint me more though would be if Tsukuba (I didn't even like this track in GT: P) was the only wet track :guilty:

I've spotted others, SSR5 wet has returned but I can't remeber all the wet variants.

TheCracker
The shots we've seen of 'Nursnow' from the hacked Prologue disk appeared to be only partially covered in snow. The high-res shots of some of the rally cars that came out a few weeks back were on a track fully covered with snow/ice. I think they will be two seperate tracks.
Yes, the track file called Nursnow was of a track now called Charmonix (or something like that), the Ice arena is a seperate track.

chamonix_165x168.gif

Chamonix

ice_arena_165x168.gif

Ice Arena

unknown_165x168.gif

Could this be Motorsports Land II?

Hey Chaser what's up? Have you heard anything on the autocross track also known as "Driving Park Gymkana Course"? I know you have unlocked it so I have a few questions.

1. How is the lay out?
2. Can you customized your own course... meaning add more cones and etc.?
3. How big is the course?
4. Is there only one Gymkana course?
5. Would you mind and take a few pictures of the course.

Thanks a ton if you can.

rollazn
Hey Chaser what's up? Have you heard anything on the autocross track also known as "Driving Park Gymkana Course"? I know you have unlocked it so I have a few questions.

1. How is the lay out?
2. Can you customized your own course... meaning add more cones and etc.?
3. How big is the course?
4. Is there only one Gymkana course?
5. Would you mind and take a few pictures of the course.

Thanks a ton if you can.

yeah, that ^^^^^^...thanks

It's a nice tracklist but I'm missing a few old-school tracks like Special Stage R11(especially the gt1 version, i liked that chicane in the tunnel), Red Rock Valley, Rome Night and Grindelwald.. these were some kickass tracks and it's unfortunate they didn't remake one of them. Further more I think that there are too little rally tracks in the game (I count 7 with 2 snowtracks included) they should have imported more to make the rally mode more longlasting. But still the total is a big improvement compared to GT3 and I can't wait for it's release in Europe.

Though I’m a bit disappointed in the fact that as of yet, ROME is not included, which is one of my favorite short race tracks, I have been thinking about all the other tracks that I’ve not raced, which is pretty much all the tracks from GT1 & 2 that were NOT included in GT3 (which is where I got introduced to the game), and have realized that such tracks as Fuji, Nurburgring, Suzuka and of course Circuit de la Sarthe will definitely make me forget about Rome!

Therefore, even though there are some of you who wished that a particular track was going to be in GT4, let’s not forget that there are other tracks (Mostly new ones if I’m correct) that could possibly make you forget about the track you wanted but somehow seemed to have been ignored in GT4...

They can't possibly have left out SSR11, Grindelwald, Red Rock Valley, or even that Green Valley or whatever it was called rally course. Not a single one... I hope.

There's still hope. In an interview or two, Kaz said they were going to have every single track that was in the previous GTs.

Having Clubman back is no excuse to miss the greats, they better be in... :( Even though I'll buy it anyway...

The359
It is technically not the older LeMans, because the Essess just beyond the Dunlop Bridge, which were added in 2003, are still there. So this is merely the modern circuit with the barriers in the chicanes removed.
I see you spotted it too. The curves after the pits straight isn't there either.

cerbman1
I see you spotted it too. The curves after the pits straight isn't there either.

No, the chicane is there, it's just too small to be noticed on that tiny map.

It's great to see so many old GT tracks making a come bakck. And it's nice to see Le Man and the 'burg in GT4. How ever I'd love to have seen Bathurst in the final game :( Looking on the brighter side, at least there are 50+ tracks to enjoy.

Can I also say a big big thanks to everyone who has GT4 already, in taking the time out from playing the game, to provide us with so much information and so many screen shots.

Cheers

Jamie

jpmontoya
Sorry if this already has been posted , but I haven't seen those yet...

Tsukuba wet screens :D 👍

(seen on GTWeb - thanks tdz)

Hmmm wet track & sunny sky, I'd have preferred it to be overcast to create a bigger contrast to the usually sunny tracks or in a perfect world it actually raining...

Nice screens anyway 👍

skyline786
i dont know if anyone had asked this yet. but do the cars have reverse lights when the car is in reverse gear?
There are no reverse lights, welcome to GTPlanet.

P.S. Wrong thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back