GT4 vs Forza [Let the battle begin]

• Thread starter Front
  • 5,710 comments
Nice post SVT. Just 1 thing about GTR....

Simbin never went to each individual company. They just went to the FIA GT board and got the license from them.

BTW, the arcadey physics is just 95% of the EA line-up.
EA have made sims, and they've been topped as some of the greatest sims ever, 1 Nascar one described as the "ultimate track racing experience."

It was much more realistic than GT4 or Forza could be, even if it did go in an oval.

Well, I did get a response from one of the uber mods at forzacentral.com, norm302:

"The team was an internal to MGS (Team Forza) made up of members with relevant experience from the following companies: EA, DICE, Boss Games, Nintendo, Crystal Dynamics, and Neversoft. Which explains the similarities to the EA games."

GTO_VR4
Ok, I havent had internet for the past couple months and just got on and found this thread. i just have to put my 2 cents in.

forza > gt4

if you ever raced a car in real life on a track then youd know why.

You have obviously no clue about driving on a track then.....

Anybody else notice the disparity in lap times between Forza and GT4?

I might post this in a separate thread if it gets no action here.

Anyway, I picked up Forza today, since it's BC on the 360. Also picked up a PS2 component cable so I can play GT4 on my big-screen without throwing up (seriously.. 480i games on a 1080p set look like ass).

Granted, I haven't played the game long, but I took a few laps at the 'Ring. And was astonished at my apparently crappy lap times, compared to what I'm used to on GT4.

9'45" with a 360 Modena. 11'3-" with a Mazda3 (my car, although not the exact same model). 9'26" in a Zonda S.

So I pop in GT4. My save-game was erased, so all my "real" cars were gone. Driving with the DS2 when I'm more used to the DFP.. and I hit 9'06" in a Golf V GTI.

Twenty seconds LESS in a Volkswagen Golf than a Pagani Zonda. While neither lap was anywhere near perfect, I made decent time on both of them, at no point feeling that I was losing time through a particular point on the track.

What's up wit dis? Is the clock in Forza faster? Or is the track really that much longer?

The track on Forza is... one-third to one-half mile longer if memory serves. I like Forza's version, prefer GT4's for obvious reasons, but because it's so innacurate it's more like a fantasy Nurb. I should fire Forza up one more time and give the fake Ring a run.

I don't know about the "ring thing",but my opinion is that forza is excellent,i played GT4 a lot,then i stopped when i discovered Live For Speed.Some things got clearer then,physics in GT4 are bad,LFS is much better andso on.LFS got boring so i decided to buy an Xbox and forza.I was satisfied,the physics,sounds and so on are much better than GT4.I was serious fan of sony and gran turismo series,and i'm more satisifed with xbox and forza,that's my opinion.

I'd have to disagree with that one (post directly above mine).

Something about the FF cars in Forza says to me Need For Speed. :ouch:
In fact, almost all of the cars in Forza feel like something out of a need for speed game.

That said, I've been playing more Forza over the last 3 weeks than I have GT4. Although Forza's physics and Nurburgring are seriously weak, I just can't get enough of the Xbox soundtrack features. :dopey:

"And Justice For All" kicks while I'm racing in everything from Enzos to Modded Supras (too bad they all handle like something from NFS).

:indiff:
I like Forza, I've spent a lot of time on it now. 👍
However, that time has also been enough to show me that Forza is way off par.

I agree with Kent, physics wise, GT4 is well ahead of Forza. GT4 does have glaring flaws, but Forza is only better than GT4 in a handful of ways. LFS is miles ahead of both of them, imo LFS is ahead of everything else available. I have player Forza more than GT4 recently, but it's mainly thaks to the customisation options and the paintshop. The sounds in Forza are better imo though, but that's it really. Hopefully Forza 2 will be a big step forwards in realism.

Well,in my point of view,i better like forza's physics,thing is,i started to realize GT's physics while playing LFS and drifting in racing games.Yeah,some things in forza are need for speedish,but i don't play with FWD 2 much,and forza is what satisfies me at the moment.Since i can't play LFS online whole time,i don't have S2 and i need something to play while i'm home,and forza entertains me with the collection of cars,good sounds,partial damage,engine swaps,visual mods(ability to replicate RL drift cars). I'm saying that,i like forza more than GT4,i think i did most things you can do in GT4 single player,and i'm finished with it.LFS killed the joy of playing GT4,so i needed a replacement :D

well,, i have both games and i prefer the dfp and gt4. the main thing it seems te main japanese man that created, and updated granturismo it was really for his honor or something(ego...ect.) at least that is what i grasp from the new tokyo game expo. nothin' was different except the high defenition.:mad:

DAN

I have:
2 PCs
2 PS2
1 XBox360

All the GT games
Forza & Forza2

My comments: XBox360 is better than PS2. Forza was GREAT as were all the GT games. Forza2 BLOWS THEM ALL OUT OF THE WATER!

Back