GT4 WRS Week 143 : Honda @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 102 comments
I will not be driving tonight because of the pain in the shoulder due to today.:( I raced earlier today and only improved the final time basically, but by 1.5 sec.:D I used up my months quota of smilies.

You need to hook up with Chuck and have him pour you a couple of fingers of Woodford, that'll take care of that shoulder.:sly: You won't feel a thing there Laddie! :crazy:

You know that's why they make 13 year olds. You pay them $20.00 and they shovel the heavy stuff eh? 💡 You're getting too old to shovel that heavy stuff, take care!

No improvement for me this eve.:ouch:

You know that's why they make 13 year olds. You pay them $20.00 and they shovel the heavy stuff eh? 💡 You're getting too old to shovel that heavy stuff, take care!

LOL!!! Not in Connecticut. By the time they're 13, it takes no less than $100 to get their attention, and manual labor is not an option. They're lucky to not have my parents, who would expect you to make the money, and then pay rent!!! [Now you want to eat again!!!]

P.S. May I offer a humble but very sincere thanks to Jake for the Premium Membership!!! :cheers: I want to put the entire WRS Community on notice that I didn't get to take advantage of Jordan's offer to raise funds for the Alzheimer's Association this past year, but I fully intend to help recruit for next year. He and the people he has assembled for that purpose are beautiful. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

20 more minutes and I started to figure out that T1. Now if I can only find the 1.5 seconds that Kenny was talking about in the last sector...........:crazy:

1:05.027
1:57.991

The more laps I run, the better this one gets. Completely addicting combo. 👍👍

EDK
Now if I can only find the 1.5 seconds that Kenny was talking about in the last sector. Completely addicting combo. 👍👍

I found the 1.5 seconds after loosing them on the first run. I made it up on all the corners. The first by barely braking on the sweeper and hitting the esses just right. Now if I can put it all together that would take the cake. My shoulder is still killing me so you all have some extra time to pass me. I'll try today with the ds2, just for experience with the car.

I found the 1.5 seconds after loosing them on the first run. I made it up on all the corners. The first by barely braking on the sweeper and hitting the esses just right. Now if I can put it all together that would take the cake. My shoulder is still killing me so you all have some extra time to pass me. I'll try today with the ds2, just for experience with the car.

Kenny I do sympathize. If you remember it wasn't so long ago I dinged up my elbow so I know what your going through. As I recall I think your the one who suggested unplugging the dfp.........no resistance. Just a 💡

Chuck I was expected to shovel our sidewalk and the neighbors because they were seniors. No questions, just do it! "why" says I. "Because I said so" says he. ".....and if you don't want an ass whippin' and supper tonight you'll have it done before I get home from work" The gospel according to Pop! Do I hear and "amen" from the congregation?? :scared:

Seems I always find a few 10ths waiting for breakfast. Picked up 1.1 at the line.

1'04.654
1'58.049

I like that ".049" it was a very good year!:sly:

Hey Kenny and Chuk!

I am stuck in DC through Thursday but hope to be able to run a session up in CT this weekend. Sorry to hear about your shoulder kenny... you should get the wife and kid out there shoveling!

Your very welcome Chuk. I hope you had a great b-day. I missed the Sunday LAN due to food poisoning. I was up all night trying not to die... :ill:

OK, found time for just 1 lap tonight and it was clean as well so here's me first set of splits:

T1: 1'06.006
T2: 1'59.302

Hmmm... seems I need to find some more time tomorrow :P

Why does when ever i race this track my blood boil and my skin turn green. Then i go on a rampage trying to kill anything that gets in my way ><

T1 - 1:02.955 (saw a 1:02.800, but that is it, why do you hate me so Ron! lol)
T2 - 1:55.096 (still no 1:54.9's :grumpy:)

LB Updated

Jerome

Once again waiting for breakfast seems to be my best time of day.:)
Could be my best time for the week but will keep at it.

1'04.070 (saw a 1'03.8 but stuffed it later)
1'57.553

If I may make an observation, remembering please this is from a Div III driver. I think you can begin your acceleration out of the corners sooner than you think. The lack of bhp creates a lag time. I hope that makes sense and helps somebody. 💡

Note for Chuck: I'm handling "Spoon" much better now that I treat it as 2 individual apex's. If I remember correctly you and I tried it as one corner last time we were here and I with very little success. I think that's one spot I'm really making up my time. Now I've more wood to cut and nails to hammer. :crazy:

Note for Chuck: I'm handling "Spoon" much better now that I treat it as 2 individual apex's. If I remember correctly you and I tried it as one corner last time we were here and I with very little success. I think that's one spot I'm really making up my time. Now I've more wood to cut and nails to hammer. :crazy:

I usually take Spoon as a single complex corner, with the apex being basically on the outside rumbles in the middle. That gives a slight edge into the straight, and less understeer on the second half.

1'04.070 / 1'57.553

Hey Ron,....... Where did you go?.......... Wait for me. :sly:
Just back from Doc and got cortisone shot. Tear doesn't require surgery, only therapy. I'll try some laps later, if possible.

Second session at Suzuka yielded a total improvement of about 1.8 sec's, so I can't complain :)

New splits:
T1: 1:04.887
T2: 1:57.654

Just back from Doc and got cortisone shot. Tear doesn't require surgery, only therapy. I'll try some laps later, if possible.

Tear does not sound good! Take it easy I'm not going anywhere. I may have maxed out as I can't seem to improve on that last one. Blink your lights I'll move over. :sly:

Once again waiting for breakfast seems to be my best time of day. Could be my best time for the week but will keep at it. 1'04.070 (saw a 1'03.8 but stuffed it later) 1'57.553
djeez. i'm quitting already, cant see where to make up for almost 3 lost seconds in a single lap. i like the car (tho arcade has it on too soft springs) but those slipperdyslips just don't fit to my doublelefthanded driving style :scared:
so: back to own gamesave, now working on us ch'ships in the viper srt against the racers :) of course still with 0% b-spec and over 50% :)

Sorry guys no time to make any attempt this week so hope to see you all next week. Good luck on this beautiful circuit.
going away for a few days with the family.

Greetings le mans

Finally some time to race again and instantly a combo with N tyres. Lucky me! Welcome back, Jerry. Lovin' it so far :cool:

The key with this car is to enter the bend a little later than you would normally do and apply throttle again at about 1/3th of the bend.
Furthermore you should keep the car neutral with the throttle open or slightly drift it, depending on what style you prefer and where you drive on the track. I only drift through the "S" Curves. Needs some delicate weightshifting to keep the momentum, but it listens so carefully that I mostly understeer off the racing line haha.

Splits:
T1: 1'02.076
T2: 1'53.772

Now if I can manage to start hitting my apexes, low 1'53's should indeed be possible. Up to you again, Ron :sly:

Stunning 👍 And I was happy to think my limit was 1'54.3 this week... :dopey: maybe with the wheel I could get a 1'53 but there's no way I'll ever do a low 1'53 on this combo :bowdown:

Blink your lights I'll move over. :sly:

Thanks Ron! :sly:

New Splits for me -

1:04.723
1:57.423

Seems that second sector continues to be my savior. I have seen better T1's, only to get antsy and botch them up. This combo forces you to pay attention for the ENTIRE lap.

Just in time (my girlfriend and son saw there weekend away ending behind a playstation).
Had time to make 10 laps so this is it for this weekend.
T1: 1.04.947
T2: 1.58.155
It was very clean but better something then nothing
See you next week

Greetings Le Mans

Most have been lucky in my first session. :dopey: Second session gave nothing, and the third one only a marginal improvement.

1'03.008
1'55.195

Improvement is elusive this morning.:grumpy: Every time I break into the 1'03's for a t1 I never make it to t2 without stuffing it somewhere!!

With company here this weekend I may have to submit the posted time but will wait just in case I get a chance to jump on here again late Sun. or very early Mon.

Jerry thanks for a great week. IMHO an excellent choice and with the exception of the "alien nation" I suspect those of us who gave it a serious effort learned some things, I know I did. 👍👍👍

Hugo, you're still the "Maestro of all maestros":cheers::bowdown:

Here's my latest effort:
1'02.603 (my best is .51x, I know I can do .4, no ideas about how is .0 possible??)
1'54.446
And a nervous finish costing 0.25

Back