• Weight: (-10%) 332kg
  • Driving Aids: N/A
  • Top Speed: N/A
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Sports - Soft

Week 155 Race Specifics:

Event 1:

Main Event.
1 lap of Nürburgring Nordschleife. (Standard OLR Rules Apply)

Use the 'Save Ghost Replay' feature for this event

Event 2:

Short Hillclimb Event.
This hillclimb extends from the start line to the T3 time split.

If you wish, you can achieve this event at the same time as you are gunning for the main event, or you can just skip all the other events and just run this one.

Use the 'Save Replay' feature for this event

Event 3:

Long Hillclimb Event.
This hillclimb extends from the start line to the T5 time split.

If you wish, you can achieve this event at the same time as you are gunning for the main event, or you can just skip all the other events and just run this one.

Use the 'Save Replay' feature for this event

Stewards Comments:

I'm being a bit naughty again because we've used this car before, but last time it was in GT-Mode and it was a handful to say the least. This time it's Arcade-Mode, but with a difference. This week you can decide which event you would like to run, you may decide to run all of them, or just one if you wish. You Decide.

Also, your hill climb times can come from your full lap time, all I ask is to submit them in the format shown below:

Drivers Name: Sphinx.

Division: 1.

Event 1 Total Time: 0'00.000

Event 2 Total Time: 9'09.090

Event 3 Total Time: 0'00.000

This submission shows that Sphinx has only submitted for event 2.

Forum split discussions: 3, 5, & 8. (Yes, you can discuss final splits for the hillclimb events)

My advice to you for this week is, watch out for the high rumbles, and try not to smile too much once you get the feel for the car. Also, don't be put off with the slow build up of speed before the start line, believe me it won't last long. :sly:

Let me know if I've forgotten anything. 👍

Week 155 Race Preview :

TBA

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 15th April 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

I dont believe it ive done this before! took me so long to get a lap in, and i only ever did it twice :scared:

But its a good hard combo!

I dont believe it ive done this before! took me so long to get a lap in, and i only ever did it twice :scared:

But its a good hard combo!

with 0% power it's a sweet drive, and it's designed to show the other side of this cars character, compared to the last time we drove it.. 👍

I just borrowed my friends 360 for Forza 2 again, but I'll make sure to squeeze some time in for GT!

One of my favorite cars on my favorite track can't be missed.

Wow, the Fire Blade! I didn't expect that one. It's a fun, funny little thing, for sure. 👍 At the same time, though, I'm not very good at the Nurb; just haven't driven its 13 miles enough. Interesting touch with those side events. Actually, make that great touch 👍, because that sure makes it easier for those who don't have the patience, time, or skill to run the full course over and over again. I'm looking forward to trying this one out!

This submission shows that Sphinx has only submitted for event 2. *

* And was driving in reverse gear! :lol:

Looks like a good week! Might get round to a stab at this once I'm done with my latest attack on the GTWC.

Man, every time I hear the word Nueburgring, or a video of it, I cringe at the fact that I was just there and didn't get to go out on it... I'LL BE BACK!

Can't wait to give this combo a go, but yet another full week for me. Getting close to time to move into my townhouse!!!! Still have to have another go at this week's race. Maybe. Doubtful. But I want to, I just have to finish my taxes first. Gah.

👍 👍

:D Cannot wait.. Might sink my teeth into this one tonight accually...

Ever since I got back from a LAN late last year I've absolutly LOVED Nurby..

Wayne

Well thank you Mr. Steward for a challenging Luxy admin week :scared: but :)

Split posting instruction: if you post splits for all three events please as follows:
1: [t3 split] - [t5 split] - [t8 split]
2: [t3 split]
3: [t3 split] - [t5 split]

If you want to update a split for one of the three events please as follows:
3: [t3 split] - [t5 split]

In the above example the split for event 2 will not be updated as well.

I will be admin-ing Luxy as if these were actually 3 WRS weeks: 1551, 1552 and 1553. Good luck to all (including myself - Nurbie :nervous:)

EDIT first test-go in this ... no it's not a car, it's more like a pod from Starwars. It's very forgiving vertically (left & right) but very UNforgiving in the horizontal axis.
Anyway, first splits as an example how to post:

1: 2'19.830 - 4'08.275 - 6'35.653
2: 2'12.567
3: 2'12.567 - 3'59.941

[URL="http://www.luxy.ca/wrs/leaderboard/1551"]ALL BOARDS INITIATED[/URL]

Steven,
If you're happy to do it that way, then so be it. 👍

I was actually intending for you to just concentrate on the main event that required all three splits. I am doubtful many would just run the hillclimb events, because if you get to T5 without incident, then one may as well carry on.

But it's up to you. 👍

Just did a "quick" run to get a clean lap in, so now I have a ghost to chase.

1: 2.06.977 - 3.56.279 - 6.19.333
2: 2.06.977
3: 2.06.977 - 3.56.279

Man I need practice here, that is for sure. Will need to also practice in a slightly faster car as well.....:sly:

Jerome

Splits:

1. T3: 2'00.766 T5: 3'42.665 T8: 5'57.914
  2. T3: 2'00.766
  3. T3: 2'00.766 T5: 3'42.665
The Car was slow at picking up speed at times and I was on the brakes bit where I shouldn't of been, just the nurves I guess of coming off so far round the track and the car seems alot more stable then in GT mode just me? but nice combo again Jerry keep up the good work.

Maybe see another 5+ seconds to pick up on at the moment, since its my only first clean run in 5 laps.

QUIK!

First session in for this week. First impressions on the combo are very very good, althoug the car took a bit of getting used to. Specially the slow pickup of speed and long braking distances. But once I was over that, I really enjoyed the handling of this lightweigt. Made for a very pleasant hour on the one track I absolutely adore. Great combo, Jerry 👍👍

I also like the concept of the hill-climbs within the normal racing!! Very well thought off 👍 Made me think back to the days when I used to go watch the hill-climb in La Roche every year. Me and me mates always had a very good time there enjoying the cars go by. They drove just about everything there, from every day sreetcars (with license plate and all :) ) with a rollbar fitted, up to privately owned ex Formula 3000-cars. Gives a good buzz when an F3000 goes by, and you're just 40 cm or so off the track... very impressive... :nervous:

Anyway, this oldtimer is starting to ramble on, so back to business :P

First splits:

1: 1'59.048 - 3'39.071 - 5'52.972
2: 1'58.019
3: 1'59.048 - 3'39.071

Thanks to Andy, Bart and Steve for publishing early t's for the new combo. It gave me the chance to test whether or not my LUXY setup was nice & stable but it looks like it is :scared:
Now on to the challenge myself - looks like I got quite some seconds to find between me and the other early try-ers :)

After about 6 or 7 laps, a clean one eludes me. :grumpy: On this one I was clean and faster than my dirty ghost until the curb before the long straight bit me and I flew (literally!) into the wall. I expect a bronze this week, as I'm not great at the track and the car has tons of grip for its weight that I am too scared to get, meaning I feel 5 mph slow in most corners. But I do have clean, slowish hillclimb times:

1. -
2. 1:56.380
3. 1:56.380 - 3:34.716

EDIT: A couple more laps yielded one I finished cleanly, finally. Looking at the splits, it seems I essentially completed my old lap. I've easily got 3 seconds left to grab. I don't know about 30, Perfect Balance, but I'm always amazed by the "'Ringmasters".
1. 1:56.342 - 3:34.632 - 5:43.864
2. 1:56.342
3. 1:56.342 - 3:34.632

First clean splits. So much room for improvement. I think all together, there is still 30+ seconds left at the finish line.

Event 1 - T3: 1'59.730 T5: 3'40.695 T8: 5'55.601
Event 2 - T3: 1'59.730
Event 3 - T5: 3'40.695

If I entered only event 2 or 3 would I not be at a disadvantage to someone who ran the whole race and submitted times for all three events. Events 2 and 3 are standing starts, right? So, if I'm running the whole race and submitting for all three events, I would be at a rolling (hopefully faster) start for events 2 and 3, no? What am I not understanding here? Great combo btw 👍 Love the car, love the course.

ERacer

If I entered only event 2 or 3 would I not be at a disadvantage to someone who ran the whole race and submitted times for all three events. Events 2 and 3 are standing starts, right? So, if I'm running the whole race and submitting for all three events, I would be at a rolling (hopefully faster) start for events 2 and 3, no? What am I not understanding here? Great combo btw 👍 Love the car, love the course.

ERacer

You have rolling starts for all events.

Just 2 full laps so far, the second one to clean it up.

Really fun combo, Jerry. 👍

1: 2.05.567 - 3.47.034 - 6.03.481
2: 2.05.567
3: 2.05.567 - 3.47.034

Looking forward to getting some more experience on this track.

T3- 1'56.277
T5- 3'33.273
T8- 5'43.381
Hi there, welcome (back) to WRS. For Luxy I still need your controller device please? Just DS2 or wheel is enough.
Also, could you post your splits in the below fashion please? Thanks 👍

1. 1:56.342 - 3:34.632 - 5:43.864
2. 1:56.342
3. 1:56.342 - 3:34.632

LUXY updated. For this week (forgive me) I shall only make links to the main event board, not to all three.
While making no-calculator conversions from minutes (3:34:632) to seconds (214.632) I can easily make mistakes :scared: so please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Tried to do some laps.. but kept bouncing off the kurbs.. grrr..

2: 2'00.718 ...

Will try to do at least Hill-Climb 2..

First feeble attempts:
T3: 2:03.523
T5: 3:50.522
T8: 6:09.228

Love this car actually. The "Ring"???

Edit:
T3: 2:01.090
T5: 3:44.990
T8: 6:01.878

That's it for today. Very tedious for this old man.

1. 1'56.277 - 3'33.273 - 5'43.381
2. 1'56.277
3. 1'56.277 - 3'33.273

the times are the same, just change the format ;)

i play with the crosses ahah and with the X, triangle, square and circle, and offside view xD
i did a couple of laps at motegi but when i looked the watch, the deadline was already over...
but i could not skip this one :D

Ok, as I said, I'm a Nurb virgin, this is after four laps:-

1: 2.09.482 - 3.59.381 - 6.24.875
2: 2.09.482
3: 2.09.482 - 3.59.381

Great combo! :D

T3: 2'02.103
T5: 3'43.561
T8: 6'00.605

This lap was so ugly, but clean.

Should I be using torque or revs? I can't decide, I have seconds to find, and i'm sure it is because I am doing something wrong...

Back