GT4 WRS Week 155 : Nürburgring Nordschleife Event Week

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 120 comments
(3 wheels off the ground at the last corner but I may have a go at this for a clean one.)

Three wheels off the ground or three wheels off the track? As long as two wheels of the car are either on or directly above the track or rumbles, it's still clean. If three wheels are on or above the grass, it's dirty. I hope for the sake of the rest of us that that .3 is dirty, because you're leaving all the rest of us in the dust. ;) Have you submitted a time for the qualifier yet? Not like we don't know you're a shoo-in for D1...

EDIT: I told myself I was done for the night but could not stay away from this one. I didn't get as much at the finish as I would have liked because I very nearly lost it on the roundy before T10, but I have a nice T3. It is supremely close on the last left before T1, but I truly believe it is clean after spending some time in photomode.

1. 1:54.351 - 3:31.637 - 5:40.422
2. 1:54.351
3. 1:54.351 - 3:31.637

I'll submit a qualifier either today or tomorrow. I really need to put off playing wrs and work on my research paper for some time. I'll still keep an eye on the leaderboard but this one should my last split for some time
It's great to see such fast t's coming in. Perhaps you could take the time to run the qualifier and submit that together with your this-week's submission. Then you can take up your research paper again :D

LUXY

#1: T3: 1:57.769 T5: 3:39.748 T8: 5.56.203

#2: T3: 1:57.302 (I know it can be confusing but this time still stands alone.)

#3: T3: 1:57.769 T5: 3.39.748

Kudo's this week to our Luxy staff for keeping this all straight!

Perhaps you could take the time to run the qualifier and submit that together with your this-week's submission. Then you can take up your research paper again :D
[/B]
I actually did run a quick qualifier, I wonder which div I'll be in. I also pushed more on WRS side to get a better time so I can spend more time on my paper, seriously :).
2. 1:54.351
A huge leap forward. Excellent time! congrats. I sincerely hope you or someone beat my time.

My new time:
2. 1'53.274(Clean)

This lap includes one mistake that if corrected can give a .2xx. I made the mistake after T2 which was .15 slower than what I normally run. One may be able to improve this laptime by .3 or even .4.

Some things I stumbled upon may help some people achieve better times. I'm sure many people don't need any of that. But, for those of you that do:

1- I believe the Super Heavy Flywheel Effect "Trademark of KLR142" on this car can be used to one's advantage. Let's say that you take your foot off the gas and start to brake, somehow the engine still pushes you forward. The brakes provide some work to this aspect, slowing the engine down instead of slowing the car down. Basically, in straight braking at its hardest, brakes are working at their maximum but not the tires. Once I realized this, I exaggerated trail braking and transferred some of this avaliable traction to cornering. I hope this helps someone beat my time.

2- Second thing is about reference points(braking and turn-in, trust your wheel's feedback for exit). However, before sharing them with you, I'd like to share some ideas about how I use them (again this only MHO). My real life experience suggests that reference points have a shut-off effect on a driver IF the driver stares at it until he or she reaches it. Why? because, afterwards, the eye doesn't have enough time to focus on where the car should actually go. The driver should be "thinking" about the apex or even about the exit way before the reference point. Instead, one could just throw a very quick look at the reference point and away then "record" its location before reaching it. Then, the mind should be able to "feel" when the point is going to be reached, using the peripheral vision along with sensing the speed. This way, the driver should be able to plan ahead. Phew! long paragraph.

Some of my reference points (your speed throughout a corner may be different than my so just play around.):
1- First corner turn-in: 1.5 car lengts after the red/white wall on the right. I use regular apex and use the curb.
2- After the sweeper, first corner that start the S-sequence. I turn-in right at the painting on the road that looks like pedestrian crossing followed by a "W'" inscribed in a circle. Just clear the esses at ur own pace.
3- The corner after the esses that opens up to the longest high-speed section. Normally, race car drivers first work on this kind of corner because exit speed here has greatest impact. Anyway, I start turning in right on the FIRST green painting on the ground. Sorry, it is very hard to spot. Brake deep but don't over slow the car and get a scorching exit here. You can even carry a little too much speed and still clear the corner dropping the right side into the groove.
4- Braking after 140mph+ corner: My exit speed is 149mph here, so with that I brake at about 3 car-lengths before the rumble strip on left ends. Geometric line didn't work for me here at this corner(right hander), left side is bumpy, I aim more to the inside and brake deep.
5- The left hander after the last hill climb (I should really learn names of the corners). Easy one, I turn in at the white sign on the right. It is a peripheral-friendly sign.

I feel too lazy to proof-read this. I hope it helps.

Anyone care to share some T1, T2 splits. I'm currently running 1:58.002 at T3 but interested to know where I'm losing all the time. I suspect it's the right hander at the top of the first hill climb since I find myself just kangaroo hopping onto the grass if I try and go full throttle through there, and exit speed through there is going to be critical.

Anyone care to share some T1, T2 splits.
I'd gladly post my T1/T2 times. But is that legal?
I think not but it's Jerry's call so can he please react?

I actually did run a quick qualifier, I wonder which div I'll be in.
Well congrats on your entry into the sacred Div1. You got a real first name? I'd like to call members by that. Good luck on your paper work. What's the subject?

Kudo's this week to our Luxy staff for keeping this all straight!
Thank you so much. It has been a challenge to figure it out but it didn't cost much time. I hope it helps you guys to find out where you stand.

After about 5 laps or so. Haven't been near PS2 all week. Hopefully I'll get some laps in this weekend:

1. 1'59.439 3'39.600 5'50.679
2. 1'58.899
3. 1'59.439 3'39.600

edit: wrong splits

I'm just about to run a session, I'd gladly post my T1/T2 times. But is that legal?

It's not normal practice to do so, but I'll allow it just for this week. 👍

Just want to stress that no one is obligated to post them if they wish not to.

1'53.021 for t3 and 3'26.927 for t5, but couldnt convert that into a complete clean lap.

Ah, the alien strikes again. :ouch: You had me worried for a bit there! I thought you *gasp* wouldn't wind up first, but you have proven be wrong once again. Seriously, congratulations on a great time, as usual. 👍 But at least going by what you've been doing recently, you'll be DQ'd for not providing a maxdrive replay, thankfully for us slowpokes. :dopey:

Strop, my T1 was 47.182 and my T2 was 1:23.853, but it might be better to ask crx1299 or holl01 for theirs. I have nothing for them this week.

yeah thanx mate;) my t1 was a 46.375 and t2 1'22.731, can see another .2 in t3 and a **** load more after that:tup:

struggling with this one, spent another hour on it and didnt even get a result thats worth posting, be back later;)
1'53.021 for t3 and 3'26.927 for t5, but couldnt convert that into a complete clean lap.

You sure really do have high standards

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! :drool:Astounishing time. When I first saw your time I was like "hmm, I don't know if I can even come close to that.:nervous:" It took me 1.5 hours just to get within .1 of your time. I altered my strategy a bit and was able get:

2. 1'52.790
Well congrats on your entry into the sacred Div1. You got a real first name? I'd like to call members by that. Good luck on your paper work. What's the subject?
Thank you. Yes, I do have a real name :). It's Yusuf (You-sef). Paper is about Mathematics and its social reflections in the non-Italian Renaissance.

More time input, more time off the events. Go figure. And I'm completely certain this one is clean, unlike the last. Still tons of time on the table, as always, but this lap is two seconds faster.

1. 1:53.989 - 3:30.365 - 5:39.665
2. 1:53.859 (different lap)
3. 1:53.989 - 3:30.365

very very addictive combo for sure...fun little booger.

7 laps got me to this...

1. 1'55.108 3'32.275 5'39.812
2. 1'55.108
3. 1'55.108 3'32.275

really nice T3's and T5's you guys are puttin' down. 👍
after T6 is where i seem to start getting faster...never have been that fast on the front side for some reason. :rolleyes:

Thank you. Yes, I do have a real name :). It's Yusuf (You-sef). Paper is about Mathematics and its social reflections in the non-Italian Renaissance.
Hi there Yusuf. About that subject you'll have to fill us in later :dopey:

LUXY

2. 1'52.790

fair effort there mate:tup:👍, wish i could use a wheel for this combo:grumpy: had to throw mine out- causing too many problems. be baack soon with hopefully an improvment

Hi there Yusuf. About that subject you'll have to fill us in later :dopey:

LUXY

What I meant by wrong splits was I had first entered from an old lap. The ones in my ppost are correct, if that's why you didn't put me in luxy.

Back to using my dfp yesterday. 👍
This combo is much more fun with it, such feel in the wheel. 👍
Can two foot the pedals again, I think that is a must this week. 👍
Easier to complete a whole lap now. 👍
Improved my times. 👍

1. 1'58.708 3'38.186 5'48.831 Improved total by 6 seconds.
2. 1'56.373
3. 1'56.373 3'35.747

Putting away the dfp for today. Don't want to damage the goods (shoulder).
Seems like good physical therapy to me. 👍

Kenny,

Glad to hear your getting better. How about some LAN this coming week? I won't get a chance to run this one but I will finally have some time for next weeks race. !!

Jαke;2982853
Kenny,

Glad to hear your getting better. How about some LAN this coming week? I won't get a chance to run this one but I will finally have some time for next weeks race. !!

Hey Jake,
Sounds good to me. Any day from midday on is OK with me.
George, Jimmy and I ran LAN races for about 3.5 hours last night. The competition was tight, tight I tell you. We are getting much better racing each other. We have learned to watch the weakness's and try to capitalize on them. Mostly very clean battles too. George and I ran Trial Mtn. nose to tail for 4-5 laps with some nice clean passes back and forth.
I tell you we are ready for some online gt5p racing. Bring it on. Did I just say that.:eek:
I wonder whats up for next weeks combo.:odd:

Yet another run saw me hack 2 seconds off when it really should have been 4 seconds, because I overcooked both the turn before T5 and the one before the Karussel (sp?). Splits:

1. 1:53.937 - 3:29.967 - 5:38.796
2. 1:53.859
3. 1:53.937 - 3:29.967

I completely screwed up the last part of a lap with a 5:37.9xx T8, so there's a lot more there to get.

T3 1'54.465
T5 3'30.140
T8 5'37.847

Edit:
second session

T3 1'54.476
T5 3'28.990
T8 5'36.434

after another 10 laps...

1. 1'54.724 3'31.122 5'37.785
2. 1'54.724
3. 1'54.724 3'31.122

you guys still seem to be alot faster than me on the front side. 👍

was able to take off 4 sec. at the line this time. :D

I was thinking to myself down the backstretch, "this will be my submitted lap, I'm sure of it." Then I caught too much curb in the tight right at the bottom of the last hill, braked heavily to avoid the grass (literally the first time I'd ever done that :dunce:), and lost 1.5 seconds. :banghead: But it was still .8 faster and had an improvement in all events.

1. 1:53.847 - 3:29.315 - 5:37.143
2. 1:53.847
3. 1:53.847 - 3:29.315

EDIT: Found 2 seconds from T8-finish. I know there are at least 2 more to get, but I doubt I'll have the patience or consistency to get them.

1. 1:54.592 - 3:29.441 - 5:37.083
2. 1:53.847
3. 1:53.847 - 3:29.315

Still plugging away at T3, doubt that I'll have the time or the patience to try T5 and a full lap.

2. 1:55.652 (T1 = 47.437, T2 1:24.639)

Back