• Weight: (-10%) 972kg
  • Driving Aids: ANY
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing - Mediums

Week 159 Race Specifics:

Standard OLR Rules.

Stewards Comments:

Nothing to add really, other than I will attempt to get a submission in this week, honest ;).

Week 160 Race Preview :

TBA…

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 13th May 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

New combo at last ... :) great track plus car 👍 revving up now :dopey:

EDIT first splits: 11.975 - 27.322 @ 230 gearing

You need the no-TCS power to push you out of those corners ... now experimenting with 350 gearing to see if most of the track can be run in 3rd and 4th mostly.

Luxy will be up after some more split posting.

Yep, 9pm on the dot. Just like last week. :)

Can we expect this every week so as not to check the threads every half hour on Tuesday? :)

Looks like a fun short combo. Should be many a laps this week. 👍

Times will be tight. :mischievous:

Can we expect this every week so as not to check the threads every half hour on Tuesday? :)

Looks like a fun short combo. Should be many a laps this week. 👍

Times will be tight. :mischievous:

Not really. It just worked out this way for the past two weeks. If I can get it posted sooner, I will. 👍

I did some laps.. bloody addictive.. :|

GT5:P and Formula 1: Championship Edition seem to be leeking all my spare time :(

wayne

Reminds me of the good old days chasing Mikey around in a dtm series, fun stuff 👍

11.637 / 26.590

I'm using 270 top speed and it's all about the dunlop curve, then again I'm not so hot on this track so the last curve also :dopey:.

First splits for this quircky combo

T1: 12'006
T2: 27.529

Using 240 topspeed and and off course, no aids

My first splits for the week.

I was trying 310 gearing and second gear to get out of the corners....:boggled:

If I could just get myself to trust the tires. :banghead:

Faster splits than normal Steven (Bigracer), vacation did you good. Nice to see you back. ;)

Looks like its is going to be a good battle in D3..👍

Ran a little bit last night. This is my least favorite track, but I actually enjoyed it with this car. I suspect, though, that as the week progresses I'll fall farther down the leaderboard - I've always been slow here :dunce:

Using 300 gearing for now

my usual pre-breakfast run:

Pre occupied with our move to the Summer house. Much to do and not much time to do it in.

Edit: 11.902

Now I really have some things to do................maybe:sly:

Faster splits than normal Steven (Bigracer), vacation did you good. Nice to see you back. Looks like its is going to be a good battle in D3..
Thanks for the welcome, and I could advice a week in France to all. Weather it did me good ITO driving ... I dono, usually my first splits don't get any better over the week :( and besides, you should compliment Andy on his splits as he's the fastest so far 👍

board updated

I think you missed out Erik on the Leaderboard Steven ;)

I will be having some laps on this tomorrow when I pick up a new DS2 as I left mine at the Dutch LAN and have no way to race GT4 at the moment ... looks like a nice easy combo though 👍

First session, top speed 240:
11.542 (.512)

At Tsukuba we get quickly close to our limit, and I don't think I left there more than 1 tenth or so, so this will possibly be my submitted time, unless someone posts a tip I didn't realise during my session I might not improve anymore. I use 3rd gear for all the hairpins and 4th gear for the Dunlop curve (cut the corner as much as you can!) and the last bend. This car is slightly oversteery on corner exits, and this can be used to our advantage. The last hairpin is very tricky, in my fastest lap I took a strange line (possibly not the best) but it seemed to work well, though I had another lap with another strange line which worked even better.

Had a go of 7 laps this morning...
T1 - 11.945
T2 - 27.032
I think I'll bring the top speed down I was up on 390...can't remember but i know I did (+)

FUN track..I like!!!

I think you missed out Erik on the Leaderboard Steven
sorted/LUXY updated and thanks for the tip Ron 👍
I will be having some laps on this tomorrow when I pick up a new DS2 as I left mine at the Dutch LAN and have no way to race GT4 at the moment ... looks like a nice easy combo though
VERY interested to hear how the gathering was as Jan's with all the Dutch and Brit guys?
... for the Dunlop curve (cut the corner as much as you can!)
Is Dunlop right before or after the Tyre gate? Also, could you describe the 'strange' line you picked that worked so well?

After 10 more laps I got to 11.866 and 27.065 so Kenny might be right after all :lol:

It's the right-hander before the tyre gate (at least that's how I think the corner's named). It can be done at 125 kmh over the curb.

The strange line I took is based in a late braking point, then I don't approach the inside of the corner as I accelerate out of it, rather staying close to the outside. Some better drivers may already know this is a good line, but initially looking at the track layout it doesn't seem like that.

Well here's a interesting story

I was looking this up, I'll be giving it a go for sure this week (last week school took all my free time, so didn't get a chance).

I was looking up times and speeds, when UPS shows up at my door with Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2, a.k.a Kaido Battle 3 U.S spec

And now I'm stuck, I want to give this WRS a d*mn good run (I love Tsu) and see how I do, but I also want to start playing Drift 2 so I can see my awesome SW20 MR2 (Its a dream on the Mountains)

Choices... :nervous:

Hi guys...Great Combo Addictive has hell with those short laps, I had an afternoon session or 30 laps or so and came up with these splits which means im pretty much at my limit already if im honest.

T1: 0'11.834
T2: 0'26.736

Also great splits from Andy there braking away from D3 and infront of D2 at the moment and right in my mirror :scared: just remember the 2 second rule lol to evoid crash's

(Nothing else to update so just added my splits on Luxy)

Quik!

I Swear i'm going to have nightmares of that final corner in my sleep.....

I'm well impressed with the standard of the splits so far... I doubt there will be more than a second dividing the whole field!

finally hooked up something....

Well, there is another .1 out there for me to get at the beginning but otherwise nailed the lap and I dunno if I'll be motivated to pick it up as it will be very hard to stay ahead of my ghost the rest of the way :ouch: Great combo tho, I can feel my hinderence (sp?) being on a ds2 I can't compare to the wheeler's here :/ Here is where I'm at after about 40 min.

T1 - :11.709 (saw a few low .6's dangit!)
T2 - 26.405 (I want to see a .35x at least)
Final - Great last set of turns for once 👍

Jerome

Back