Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: (-20%) 335hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 936kg
  • Driving Aids: ANY
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing - Mediums

Week 170 Race Specifics:

Please note that the power is set to -20 this week.
Enjoy. :)

Week 171 Race Preview :

No idea at the moment

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)

Thread rules:

The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 29th July 9pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

I would imagine that even at -20% power that this car will fly around the ring.
I can't wait to run ths combo, though I have to, due to the fact we are having guests for dinner shortly.
I will defiantly be back tonite posting some splits.
I just love this track.

Is this car even in the NTSC game? Vauxhall is no where to be found and can't find that make on NTSC car lists.

I would imagine that even at -20% power that this car will fly around the ring.
I can't wait to run ths combo, though I have to, due to the fact we are having guests for dinner shortly.
I will defiantly be back tonite posting some splits.
I just love this track.

I remember running these at the LAN, and it was a BLAST. Glued to Jake's back bumper all through the technical section after the first Carousel. :crazy:

Is this car even in the NTSC game? Vauxhall is no where to be found and can't find that make on NTSC car lists.

It's an Opel on NTSC. 👍

May be won by completing all 5 races in the (Germany) Opel dealership, Speedster Trophy (IB License required).

EDK
I remember running these at the LAN, and it was a BLAST. Glued to Jake's back bumper all through the technical section after the first Carousel. :crazy: 👍

Good times, Kevin... I have a feeling the comp will be even tighter in August! 👍

ah I have that one, but that is weird matching those two.

although my settings for the Opel Calibra Touring Car are 335hp/936kg at -20%/-10% and do you want T2/T4/T6?

I don't know how to get the car right now but we used t times 3, 5, and 8 on the last races.

I don't know how to get the car right now but we used t times 3, 5, and 8 on the last races.

May be won by completing all 5 races in the (Germany) Opel dealership, Speedster Trophy

ah I have that one, but that is weird matching those two.

although my settings for the Opel Calibra Touring Car are 335hp/936kg at -20%/-10%

Looks like we may need Jerry to review and clarify, if he is not already. Power sometimes differs in some screens, but I have not seen the weight differ.

Guys you can buy it from the dealer @ UK, it's for 1,77x.xxx

Marooned

Allow me to boot up my NTSC version and I'll get back to you ASAP.

OK, We have to switch over to the OPEL 👍

First post update.

Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: (-20%) 335hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 936kg
  • Driving Aids: ANY
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing - Mediums

Yes there is a difference. As you can see, the power and weight are different.

WTF I'm so 🤬 off right now. I've got a full blown Race Tune Speedster Turbo and still am having trouble winning the Speedster one make race!

It's such an obvious flaw. When the car was stock, I took it to the first race, to have a 7 second lead opened on me by T2 by the leading Speedster Turbo. It was a 200pt race too! WTF?!?!

WTF I'm so 🤬 off right now. I've got a full blown Race Tune Speedster Turbo and still am having trouble winning the Speedster one make race!

It's such an obvious flaw. When the car was stock, I took it to the first race, to have a 7 second lead opened on me by T2 by the leading Speedster Turbo. It was a 200pt race too! WTF?!?!

It's a tough one, that one and the Clio are really hard. :grumpy:

It will cost you now, but try tuning the Non-Turbo speedster. It's a lighter and better handling car for some silly reason. You will probably need to pony up for some racing tires also, if you have not already. Or you can just cave and do an ubersave, but what fun would that be? :dopey:

You might also take a look at this. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1705005#post1705005%3C/a%3E

I've paid for everything but new brakes and nitrous on the car, but I'm gonna stick it out and win it with my Turbo. That does explain why there wasn't another Turbo up running with me for the leads though.

I gotta cool off though. The AI runs like I'm not even there. I'll be running the perfect line, at good speed, and they'll come up and ram my backside, throwing me into the sandpits. I'm getting to the point in it I'm just ramming back and not feeling one ounce of regret

Oh yeah, full blown race tune still comes out as 200pts

I gotta cool off though. The AI runs like I'm not even there. I'll be running the perfect line, at good speed, and they'll come up and ram my backside, throwing me into the sandpits. I'm getting to the point in it I'm just ramming back and not feeling one ounce of regret

Sounds like online GT5 to me.

Sounds like online GT5 to me.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was racing. I'll dive into a corner, only to have another car dive in behind me and one next to me under the rumble strip. I'll get shunted and pushed up the track in one fluid motion

Well, I just ran a single lap (all I have time for at the moment.. Damn this track takes forever).

Course, it'll be crap, but the splits for that lap were:
T3. 1'52.402
T5. 3'30.676
T8. 5'34.950

Top speed was a well too high (I didn't even get out of 5th on the long final straight) but don't remember it at this point in time.

Ran 2 laps, the first one was dirty and had a spin, so this is just my first clean one around the track. Growing fonder of this track every time we run here. But if one of the "Ringmasters" steps in on this week, I won't stand a chance at the division.

1:46.134
3:16.017
5:14.928

290 Top Speed

I know it wasn't your exact first pick, but nice combo, Jerry. 👍 The lower power and AWD makes this one manageable and enjoyable.

I'm out of town until Sunday, so this will likely be my only session until then, unless I can find a little time in the morning. Will at least try to get the board initiated in the am.

:cheers:
Kevin

EDK
1:46.134
3:16.017
5:14.928

I'm assuming you meant 3, 5, 8.

I had a second session after work just before the family woke up from a nap. Managed to get two laps in. It's odd saying 2 laps, and thinking that takes up at least 15 minnutes. Still wasn't a good lap had a almost off need to brake moment, but now down to

1'46.449
3'16.575
5'17.540

Nice combo Jerry.👍
I admit to not running this course often so I've nothing clean to post this a.m. but, as soon as I get some confidence with this setup I hope 01GTP doesn't mind my kicking his butt this week.:sly:

I need to claim my rightful place back at the top of Div III that is unless I get booted up a notch.......:nervous:

Kenny, check your email and let me know what you think of the pic.

This will be short as I'm on the ps3, computer down at the moment and I'll see if I can get to my e-mail gtbadboy. .
t3 1'45.044
t5 3'12.508
t8 5'08.813

Still on the edge at times with this combo,what fun.

Don't get :nervous: because your promotion isn't until next week. :sly:

No problem Jerry. You know me, start the car and aim it down the road. :)

01GTP must be on steroids this week, as my first clean lap is not even close to what he has up there. :scared:

1'46.810
3'17.692
5'18.343

I guess I've got my work cut out for me this week.....:nervous:

The past few weeks I've been a bit too busy to participate, but this is a great combo to return to.

T3 1:44.507
T5 3:10.665
T8 5:07.604

Using 280 top speed

I'm assuming you meant 3, 5, 8.

Yep, I think I can speak for Jake and Jerome as well, since those are the splits we are showing here, you can just put those up in order and we can use those to update the board.

Luxy is faster than hell in that Corvette @ Daytona ;), and his Board is intiated. 👍

Back